Caffeine Use for Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.

Do you think caffeine could help induce a WILD?

Yes
25%
No
25%
I don't know
50%

Total votes: 4

deschainXIX

Caffeine Use for Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming

Postby deschainXIX » 31 Mar 2016 18:06

Would consuming caffeine before attempting a WILD be helpful? Perhaps not caffeine in coffee form, which can get you wired and jittery (and thus keep the body awake); perhaps caffeine in Yerba mate form or something similar. My thought is that caffeine could provide the stimulus needed to sustain the mind's consciousness as you straddle the border between sleep and wakefulness.

Has anyone tried this? Or does anyone have any knowledge of the neurochemistry involved in caffeine? I plan on experimenting with it, but it would be nice if someone could save me the trouble by either confirming or denying my speculation. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Re: Caffeine Use for Wake-Induced Lucid Dreaming

Postby Summerlander » 31 Mar 2016 18:25

Hmm ... it may help with the WBTB method for some but not others. A balance would have to be found, I suppose. :|
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidity4life

Postby lucidity4life » 23 Apr 2016 19:26

From my experience, caffeine interrupts my sleep and dreams. Also, did you know that excessive caffeine intake depletes the body of minerals and nutrients? thus this may interfere further with the dreaming mind.

Peter

Postby Peter » 25 Apr 2016 09:45

I drink up to 6 cups of coffee a day and use it about 4 days a week at 1am and then get back to bed around 2 hours later. Coffee is very good for WILD but you need to be patient and not let it keep you awake. its a bit of a balance but very good.
I would get lucid with WILD about 3 of 4 times a week.

Cocoa is just as good coffee with a decent hunk of dark cocoa chocolate will either get you lucid or keep you awake for hours.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”