Lucid Dreaming Gadgets for beginners < 100€

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
NineStarFive

Lucid Dreaming Gadgets for beginners < 100€

Postby NineStarFive » 08 Jul 2018 19:43

Any Lucid Dreaming gadgets for beginners to get a lucid dream in the first place?
Maybe things that don't cost 100/$?

extra question:
I tried FILD before and it worked twice but then it stopped so why didn't it work after the second time?
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Solaris_142

Re: Lucid Dreaming Gadgets for beginners < 100€

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Jul 2018 06:59

NineStarFive wrote:Any Lucid Dreaming gadgets for beginners to get a lucid dream in the first place?
Maybe things that don't cost 100/$?

extra question:
I tried FILD before and it worked twice but then it stopped so why didn't it work after the second time?

Hello NinaStarFive.

The Only dreaming gadget I use is my digital wrist watch. I just love how it not only tells me the time and date. But also what reality I'm in. :)

I have no idea about the FILD thing. It's somethnig I've never tried or really understood. I've always used the daily awerness method, combined with wake back to bed. And I also do some WILDing. I do get some little success with WILDing but I never feel like they are full blown lucids. I can get a lot of hypnagogia and briefly get into some dreams scenes. Just can't ever get that far into them and I come out of them. And feels too fragile. Nothing like becoming aware in the middle of full fledged dream.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

NineStarFive

Postby NineStarFive » 09 Jul 2018 11:52

Your watch tells you which reality you're in :O???
Take my money and give me that watch ;).

Don't you get Sleep paralysis with WILD?

Any cheap under 50€ sleep masks with rem detection available?
The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Jul 2018 19:31

NineStarFive wrote:Your watch tells you which reality you're in :O???
Take my money and give me that watch ;).

Don't you get Sleep paralysis with WILD?

Any cheap under 50€ sleep masks with rem detection available?

Oops read your name wrong, sorry. NineStarFive.

Yes my watch does tell me the reality. :) BUt you don't need mine lol. Any digital watch will and you can get one at any store for pretty cheap. When you are used to wearing it, it will be on your wrist in a dream as well. (At least so far for me mine always has been.) Just like how you have hands and feet in your dreams and usually automatically have your cloths on... :) Can be an interesting thing to look at and take note of what cloths you are wearing in a dream.

When you are in a dream reality and you look at the numbers on the watch, look away, and look back. (Which I usually do at least three times) When you do that in a dreamming reality the numbers will change and morph in all manner of strange bizarre fascinating ways that they do not do when you are in waking reality. Therefore when you see the numbers doing that the watch is telling you that you are not in a waking reality.

As far as sleep paralysis I think it's a general term for all manner of odd sensations a person experiences while trying to stay aware as they drift off to sleep. As of yet I've never had the experience of feeling momentarily completely paralyzed as some people have reported happening. I think those kind of extreme cases of it are pretty rare. Maybe it just happens with some people easier than others. I've gotten plenty of sinking, floating, spinning, expanding sensatons. Heavy numbness type of feeling in my body. But so far never paralyzed so that I can't move.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 10 Jul 2018 21:31

You actually ONLY need:

a dream journal (less than 10€)
a pen/pencil (1€)
your brain (for free)
a bed (already available)

To your second question: lucid dreaming techniques are not reliable, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It all depends on many things.
In my opinion, in the end it all comes down to the basics:
- writing down and analyzing your dreams
- developing the habit of questioning reality
- a healthy, balanced and active life style with sufficient sleep and reducing negative stress
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

NineStarFive

Postby NineStarFive » 11 Jul 2018 06:55

LucidCat wrote:You actually ONLY need:

a dream journal (less than 10€)
a pen/pencil (1€)
your brain (for free)
a bed (already available)

To your second question: lucid dreaming techniques are not reliable, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. It all depends on many things.
In my opinion, in the end it all comes down to the basics:
- writing down and analyzing your dreams
- developing the habit of questioning reality
- a healthy, balanced and active life style with sufficient sleep and reducing negative stress

There are many things I disagree with you:
The items you listed are too expensive, not available and or not functional :D

Okay but in all seriousness, I already am writting down my dreams, rc during the day, I'm just looking for gadgets.

You mentioned a healthy and active lifestyle<<>>> what is that?

Lastly I disagree with the negative stress part, I feel like those times where I am under extreme daily stress and sadness are those where I get the most rememberable and vivid dreams.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”