Lucid dreaming suppliments

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Nielsquake

Lucid dreaming suppliments

Postby Nielsquake » 08 Sep 2018 22:10

I'm a guy from the Netherlands with a big interest in neurology and biomedical engineering. Being from the Netherlands I've had access to a fair share of legal and illegal psychoactive compounds like GHB, psilocybin. N.N. DMT, ketamine, salvia, LSA, 2CE and many more. I have never used any of these substances more than twice (excluding shrooms and weed) but I have quite a good understanding of what to expect when using these psychoactives and this fascination is what got me into lucid dreaming and chemically induced dream enhancement.

After doing some research I narrowed down a list of some experimental nootropic compounds that might significant for lucid dreaming.
The following list of compounds are things I've ordered and that should be arriving within 2 weeks, I will revisit this thread at a later date to explain any findings I've made after extensively testing these compounds and reporting their effects. I also have some other people who want to help me do some testing so I might even be able to do a double-blind preliminary study with some of these compounds and placebo caps.

Noopept:
I've read a lot about noopept and it's ability to improve the vividness of dreams, Noopept itself is a racetam-like peptide that interacts mostly with the glutamatic system (presumably through interaction with NMDA receptors) but also seems to increase the efficacy of the ACh receptors. If this is true it might allow more choline to interact with the brain increasing lucidity of dreams.

PRL-8-53:
PRL-8-53 is a hypermnesic substance that has no direct MOA that is currently known. This doesn't mean that it doesn't work as there are many individual reports of the substance increasing memory. This compound also proves to be extremely valuable when it comes to lucid dream. People have started to have dreams that are uncannily real and vivid when using small doses of up to 5mg. This must be one of the most promising substances on this list.

Emoxypine Succinate:
Emozipine is a Russian derivative of vitamin B6. the exact pharmacology behind this compound is unknown but as vitamin b6 is often used to increase the vividness of dreams, it is presumable this substance might hold some value in the world of lucid dreaming. I've read several reports of people experiencing vivid/lucid dreams as a side effect of using this substance.

7,8-Dihydroxyflavone
7,8-Dihydroxyflavone is a potent small molecular TrkB agonist. the TrkB receptor is the usual binding site of BDNF. BDNF is a protein that is linked to the preservation and growth of neurons and is linked to healthy brain health. In several anecdotal reports, people have linked extreme vividness in their dreams when using this compound. Noopept also seems to increase natural BDNF levels due to increased glutamate activity so these compounds might have some synergetic properties on one another.

I've also ordered several nootropics that are more well-known in the lucid dreaming community like Huperzine A and Alpha-GPC (to boost ACh levels)
and some other more stimulatory nootropics that might be useful for WILD (Phenylpiracetam and Adrafinil).

I hope to be able to produce some profound results with a specific mix of these compounds so if any of you people have any experience with any of these compounds or other potential candidates, I would love to read them.
Expect some new info in this thread after about a month.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”