Dream journaling with the help of keywords (incl. iPhone app)

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
domysee

Dream journaling with the help of keywords (incl. iPhone app)

Postby domysee » 15 Jul 2018 12:10

Hi :)

I've been writing down my dreams for some time now, but I often had the problem that I didn't have the motivation to write down all of my dreams in full detail immediately after waking up (which takes up to 30 min).

I thought long about a solution, and the one I came up with are keywords (very original I know :D ).
So basically what I do is writing down the most important keywords of my dreams immediately after waking up. And when I'm sitting in the train to go to work, I take out the keywords, which help me to remember what the dreams were about, and write down the whole story.

This worked quite well for me, and so, since I'm a programmer, I developed an app specifically for that process (although it works for normal dream journaling too of course). It's called DreamFort. Any notes app works too of course, but not as well :mrgreen:

Hope that helps someone to have an easier time keeping their dream journal.

Solaris_142

Re: Dream journaling with the help of keywords (incl. iPhone app)

Postby Solaris_142 » 17 Jul 2018 16:41

domysee wrote:Hi :)

I've been writing down my dreams for some time now, but I often had the problem that I didn't have the motivation to write down all of my dreams in full detail immediately after waking up (which takes up to 30 min).

I thought long about a solution, and the one I came up with are keywords (very original I know :D ).
So basically what I do is writing down the most important keywords of my dreams immediately after waking up. And when I'm sitting in the train to go to work, I take out the keywords, which help me to remember what the dreams were about, and write down the whole story.

This worked quite well for me, and so, since I'm a programmer, I developed an app specifically for that process (although it works for normal dream journaling too of course). It's called DreamFort. Any notes app works too of course, but not as well :mrgreen:

Hope that helps someone to have an easier time keeping their dream journal.

Yes writing down key words to remember dreams is important and a common practice. Especially during the night when you wake from a dream it's important to jot down a few key words to ensure you remember it when you wake up. Sometimes a person completely forgets about that dream until later readnig the key words and it all comes back. And sometimes just the action of dong it helps to remember it and wakes you up enough to remember more dreams during the night.

Yes also agree if you don't have time to record the full dream the key words and notes are a good substiute. Just have to reemember to check the notes and think of those dreams often during the day.

What is the app? just something you can use on your phone to journal when you have time like when you are on the train? I'm not very techie. I'd probably just carry a note book. :) But I guess it be something to actually use my phone for lol.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Off-Topic”