Lets have a Good Time in 2019

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
erichsa

Lets have a Good Time in 2019

Postby erichsa » 24 Dec 2018 18:40

A New Year is around the corner let us do our bit to perhaps save the earth from destruction. Lets communicate how we can help. :)

ButteredPenny

Re: Lets have a Good Time in 2019

Postby ButteredPenny » 28 Dec 2018 00:36

I've had the outlandish idea of making canopies of plant life over roads and highways to absorb the light from the sun and the CO2 from the exhaust and convert it into chemical energy and oxygen. These would also be fun in sunny areas in parks. It would take a whole lot of maintenance and I doubt people would be willing to pay more taxes to hire workers to do that, though. Volunteers could work, but I'm sure many would say they're too busy or don't want to. The plants would also be taking in toxins from the air so they need to be hearty and strong. The plants cannot be consumed due to toxicity.

Another idea I had would be for people to grow food at home: raising chickens and vegetables and fruit. This helps people get perspective on how our food is made. It also shows how different treatment of animals and plants change the food quality. Homegrown food is often tastier than commercial food. The only tomatoes that I've ever enjoyed were ones that we grew ourselves. I can't remember what breed they were though. Definitely not the watery bland ones from the store. Our hens' eggs were also richer in flavor than store-bought ones. One problem here though is again, toxicity. People living near factories would have to be careful about consuming home foods because the emissions from factories will taint the ground. Chickens eat grass and grubs from the ground and their eggs and meat will become toxic. Plants will also become toxic. The toxicity levels and concern depend on the kind of emissions, but it is still a concern. There are also city ordinance laws that often require permission from neighbors to have roosters or outright ban them altogether, so hatching them yourself might lead to some heartbreak when Stacy grows up and starts crowing. Even when chickens are sexed, there is error.

Factories are some of the major sources of pollution. It would be best to encourage recycling practices and support companies that use renewable resources and energy. Buy from companies and farms that treat their workers and products with respect. Sadly though, it is often more expensive.

That's about all I know what to do.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 29 Dec 2018 13:01

Hi ButteredPenny

Thank You. With people like You the world would be not in such a mess. :D
I will shortly post what I am doing and thinking by now to help our home.
Again Thanks :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 09 Jan 2019 13:05

Well I am an old man and have come late in life to our dreaming, and how dreaming is helping me to wake up in dreaming and physical life. I have since 1957 been a learner of " The Fourth Way " I learned and understand that I am sleepwalking through life. and how hard it is to remember myself. ( Being Conscious ) At Lucid Dreaming I had Dreams when I was wide awake and All around me was Alive. By now in same of my dreams I am offloading negative things I have accepted and carried with me in my life.
I I wish that Dreaming will get more and more accepted and helps to stop us destroying our Home. :)

DeadVoices

Postby DeadVoices » 12 Jan 2019 09:14

Homegrown food is often tastier than commercial food. The only tomatoes that I've ever enjoyed were ones that we grew ourselves. I can't remember what breed they were though

^I never knew eggs until I ate an egg gifted from a chicken I care about(last year+)! Waking up to get fresh egg outta a chicken is something most people will never know!

Homegrown tomatoes, from my experience I call "Heirloom" seeds of tomatoes showed me a world I never knew. Tomatoes natural are not so cut and perfect like a machine shows shoppers in the market. A true tomato has shapes and colors that most dunno (disfigured and unusual) Purple, orange, red, unto a perfect blue.
I hear the voices of the dead and long gone before we are now.

The past is long and gone, and the "future" will never come; WHY? We are NOW.

Return to “Off-Topic”