What Personality Type Are You?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: What Personality Type Are You?

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2015 05:01

I actually agree with Summerlander and wrote this back on page one of this thread:

ME wrote:I understand what the Myers-Briggs personality type is doing. They took 4 elements, and had 2 of each possibility and came up with 16 personalities. (2 to the power of 4).

There's no reason why we couldn't add another element to our own personalities and make it 32, or another and make it 64, and go on and on, until we are in the billions. We are all unique, but perhaps there is an element of truth to this, and we stem from these basic types and grow like a tree from there.

But on certain days, I may be more like one or the other with a change of a letter, but I agree I am mostly an INFP too.

Now everyone's sharing their horoscope which I find funny. I am a Virgo (born Aug.23), right at the cusp, but only mentioned that as a joke, because I thought Summerlander was implying that the personality test is a load of hooey, vague enough for us all to see accurate results like a horoscope. But now I realize I misinterpreted, and he does admit there's a lot of truth in it. At least much more than a horoscope that's for sure.

Snaggle wrote: I'm an non-hippie.

I'm a lazy slob with his head in the clouds. We'd be horrible roommates! :lol: (It might make a good sit-com though....)

Snaggle wrote:You like me because we're both decent and friendly, as opposed to Summerland who is decent but cold.

You just called Summerlander cold. I wonder how he'll respond? I always enjoy a Summerlander/Snaggle argument. They're more entertaining than a Summerlander/Nesgirl argument, or a Summerlander/Buildit argument, or a Summerlander/Philosopher argument, or a Summerlander/Desert Explorer argument, or a Summerlander/R99 argument.... I could go on.
(Many locked threads on this forum had one common denominator didn't they.) ;)

Anyway, since we're only just 'words on a screen' it's not the same as real social interaction. There's no body language, facial expressions, speech inflections, hand gestures, so many personalities never even show through and those that do write a lot and I've gotten to know is only a small slice of them. You certainly can't use the personality test to pigeon hole anybody here. If I meet another INFJ in the future, for example, I certainly can't think since I met one before on a forum that they'd be anything like nesgirl. There are many more factors other than personality that define a person, how they behave and what motivates them.
Last edited by HAGART on 13 Mar 2015 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Mar 2015 07:10

If I meet another INFJ in the future

You already know one
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Mar 2015 07:13

nesgirl wrote:I am leaving this thread now so I don't get attacked by the dogmen (dogmen aren't animals, BTW), and am heading back to Megaman to rejoin chaosdragoon. Bye!!

For your own peace of mind and happiness here on the forum, I recommend avoiding those you conflict with, and enjoy the company of those with whom you share common interests.

I wondering if Peter is cleverly saying he's an INFJ?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 13 Mar 2015 07:50

Awesome Sherlock

Done heaps of those tests when I was bored with the same result
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 13 Mar 2015 10:15

You just called Summerlander cold. I wonder how he'll respond? I always enjoy a Summerlander/Snaggle argument. They're more entertaining than a Summerlander/Nesgirl argument, or a Summerlander/Buildit argument, or a Summerlander/Philosopher argument, or a Summerlander/Desert Explorer argument, or a Summerlander/R99 argument.... I could go on.
(Many locked threads on this forum had one common denominator didn't they.) ;)- Haggart

I think you entirely under rate Summerland. He knows he's cold, so why do you think he would be upset. You're also ignoring the significance of the word "decent". It includes: honesty; benevolence; lack of envy; lack of self-pity. Summerland is not a poison pill of a human being. He knows that he thinks of others "as noisy machines", holds them in contempt = cold.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Mar 2015 11:02

Well read, Snaggle. Just like the Scott Adams's quote about "noisy furniture." 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Mar 2015 09:07

I think a recipe of psychology, psychometrics, and a little Barnum effect is allowing these people to cook up ostensibly remarkable psychoanalyses. In fact, many so-called psychics use such techniques on the spot to read their subjects and obtain as many hits as possible. -Summerland

This is not their system - it's Karl Jung's. I read his book ages ago and I think it was written before his Buddhist period so it's circa 1920s, though if wrong it would likely be circa 1930s. His system is a little more complex than what the test is showing, e.g. He invented the words "extrovert" and "introvert", but also had "ambivert" in his system. I'm actually an ambibert using his system. Summerland compare his personality system with the load of smeg Freud came up with.

Is Barack Obama really black or do we like to think of him as the first black US president? Isn't he, by definition, mixed? What constitutes a black person? How dark do they have to be? Do they always have to be thick-lipped and possess wide nostrils? Obama doesn't fit this bill. And if we say black people are full of melanin, what about thick-lipped, curly-haired African albinos?

Barack Obama is not black, he's a mulatto. His just as evil sidekick Eric Holder looks more like an Octaroon (1/8 black) but whines about the racism against himself constantly. Obama also went to one of those ultra fundamental Islamic schools in Indonesia. We see his Anti-Christianity constantly and his pro-islamistism constantly too. I'm going to be glad when we've seen the last of him.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2015 13:49

Don't worry. He can't do another term. The Constitution forbids it. I wouldn't even want Hillary Clinton to win the election but I have a feeling the probability is high. But, according to Enra Traz, it'll be Elizabeth Warren. Oh wait! She said she's not running (perhaps Traz comes from an impossible future). Either that or Warren is doing a Frank Underwood.

I know what personality type Obama is, though. Demagogue. You want me to be black? I'm black. You want me to accept the peace prize even though I've done fuck all? I'm a peace-maker. You want me to look after you? Obama cares... Daddycare... :mrgreen:

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Pika?

Postby Pika? » 14 Mar 2015 16:27

Im INTJ

Vorsprung durch Technik- "Lead through technology"

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Mar 2015 16:33

Turbulent like me, Pika?

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”