Jokes

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DesertExplorer

Re: Jokes

Postby DesertExplorer » 15 Mar 2015 04:00

HAGART wrote:
Desert Explorer wrote: ...British jokes...

I'm offended you don't like jokes from my homeland where we have the Queen on our money, police wear funny hats, and we speak in a strange accent.... you know... Canada! ----------------(read where I'm from)-------------> ;)

I wouldn't call them British. They're classic "bait and switch" jokes. (You think I was talking about one thing and meant another.)

I'm thinking the Godzilla one could use more, 'bait' before the 'switch'. That would build the story up so the unexpected punchline hits harder. I'll think about it. I over-think everything I create, including humour.

I didn't even read your post, Hagart.

I was talking about some others in the thread. I really dislike them, they are all so.. linear.
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 15 Mar 2015 06:34

HAGART wrote:
Desert Explorer wrote: ...British jokes...

I'm offended you don't like jokes from my homeland where we have the Queen on our money, police wear funny hats, and we speak in a strange accent.... you know... Canada! ----------------(read where I'm from)-------------> ;)

Oh you're originally from Great Britain?
I'm half British myself. My dad's side of the family is from England. Though neither I or any of my american relatives have the accent except my Nana. She has a small accent.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Mar 2015 09:02

(FACE PALM)

My jokes aren't working today. There's nothing worse than having to explain why a joke is funny, so I won't.
I really hope someone chimes in and tells me they get it even if it's not funny, but at least understand what I was trying doing there.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 15 Mar 2015 12:12

HAGART wrote:(FACE PALM)

My jokes aren't working today. There's nothing worse than having to explain why a joke is funny, so I won't.
I really hope someone chimes in and tells me they get it even if it's not funny, but at least understand what I was trying doing there.

Helloooo!!!!..

It's just not funny, alright?
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 15 Mar 2015 17:36

I understood and thought it was funny. (No, Guitar, he's not originally from GB.) My only issue is that in-law jokes are a bit played-out these days. But it made me laugh! :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Mar 2015 18:36

After careful research on paraprosdokians from tvtrops.org, learning about "the rule of three", and knowing that in-law jokes are too generic, I crafted a better version that scientifically speaking should be humorous. :geek:

The other day, I turned on the TV to watch a Godzilla movie. I saw a larger-than-life character screeching incoherent sounds as news reporters gawked in horror, helpless to stop the rampage on America. After the Sarah Palin speech, the movie started.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 16 Mar 2015 01:49

- Haggart

You sound just like Minnesotans, when my family was up there Canadians all thought we were from Alberta :lol: You really need better coinage and to really declare your independence from Britain and nationalize all the crown lands in your country so do we need to.

Lame joke: I took a friend out snipe hunting and asked him to hold the bag, he said no you hold it.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Mar 2015 04:25

I didn't know what "Snipe Hunting" was, so I had to look it up. (I think I get it... because both of them know it's a prank or something... I don't know.) I'll attempt my own horrendous joke now from what I learned in a 3 minute Wikipedia lesson about what it is:

A group of camping college kids told a freshman to go Snipe Hunting, but to their disappointment, he only returned with a lousy Sasquatch.

There was a little play on words there too, but it's horrid. I doubt any Snipe Hunt joke has ever been successful in the history of civilization!

Sometimes BAD jokes are GOOD fun though. :D

I agree that Canada needs to cut the umbilical cord from The Queen Mother. Humor is the best way to expose truth isn't it? Offensive comedians speak harsh truth, but overly-venerated politicians lie through their teeth.

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 23 Apr 2015 20:50

HAGART wrote:If you were wondering what the flavour of glass is, I tried eating a piece.
It tastes like blood.

I didn't find it funny, then I realized you meant glass. In my country, glass means ice cream and glas means glass.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
First Lucid Dream Birthday: April 22
Number of Lucid Dreams: 2

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 23 Apr 2015 22:31

Dream Scout wrote:
HAGART wrote:If you were wondering what the flavour of glass is, I tried eating a piece.
It tastes like blood.

I didn't find it funny, then I realized you meant glass. In my country, glass means ice cream and glas means glass.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

It would be crazy if ice cream tastes like blood.

- Jesus Christ

Return to “Off-Topic”