Talking with Non LD friends and family

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
buildit

Re: Talking with Non LD friends and family

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 05:14

HAGART wrote:We all have fears don't we? Nesgirl happens to have a phobia which she admits, so I am not out of line by sharing that. I have my own.... for me, it's airplanes. I use to fly in them all the time, but now, I can't. I just hate the claustrophobic feeling of hurling in the air in a metal tube with only 'speed' as your means of staying aloft. What if an engine fails? I see the wings flex and wonder if they will break. I feel like I'm in a rickety, man-made contraption that should not float! (I think too much and it can drive me to fear, and anxiety!)

I can get over it though. I feel the main problem is letting go. I am not the driver, and I am not the pilot. That is the main psychological problem I have. (I have no problems on a bus because it can pull over, but an airplane feels like pure faith in the machine!)

When I want to Rage Against the Machine! 8-) (Music joke)

I totally get that, I learned to fly planes as a kid but being in a jet and being out of control of the aircraft can be unnerving. So I always try to get the window seat. ;)

As for the joke, don't end up with an STP! LOL
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 05:28

What is STP?

And I forgot to mention how my fear relates to this. I get a TON of airplane dreams and being in airports. All NON-lucid, but it's all based on a deep anxiety I have, no doubt. (maybe it's travel-related as well). I think dreams have a purpose and show us what we don't want to see. Don't look away! Write them down and stare your fears in the face!

I don't have a phobia, but certainly a fear. I had a panic attack a few times and that is my only fear now: having a panic attack on a plane. Your fear creates more fear and then if fuels itself, and feeds and grows and becomes it's own (metaphorical) inner demon!

I want to live without fear of any kind. And lucid dreaming and even just dream journaling regular dreams will be a magnifying glass on what we fear most so we can address it and not hide from it. That is the first step.

Invite your 'monster out of the closet', shine a flashlight on it, and talk with it and understand it and then there is nothing to fear anymore. (Easier said than done, but I like that simple analogy).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 05:30

nesgirl wrote:I might be swimming back to shore or worse, trapped in sewage

No, I'd fear the sewage most. (We've all heard the horror stories!) :D

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 05:38

HAGART wrote:What is STP?

Stone Temple Pilot? ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Sep 2014 05:40

HAGART wrote:
nesgirl wrote:I might be swimming back to shore or worse, trapped in sewage

No, I'd fear the sewage most. (We've all heard the horror stories!) :D

Im kinda germaphobe im not literally scared of germs but I don't like being dirty or getting sick so honestly I think I would almost rather face my fear of being possessed in a dream than having to swim in sewage lmfao... but I read all your replies and I appreciate all your insight.

Buildit: You are so wise... only a fool is fearless but a wise man uses his fear... that's great.

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 06:04

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
HAGART wrote:What is STP?

Stone Temple Pilot? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojWNcvk6kdo

Okay, I have no idea what that has to do with Stone temple Pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOy8kxvVrk

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 06:20

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:

Okay, I have no idea what that has to do with Stone temple Pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOy8kxvVrk

Oh I didn't know that you were mentioning a song.
See the Stone Temple is a dungeon in the Legend of Zelda. Actually it severely tests a player's height fears as halfway through, you actually flip the dungeon upside down, and can fall really easily. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6qJsXFlFxU

LOL like I said totally different realities. I can see I will have to ask lots of questions and express myself really well around you. ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 18:53

Ok, so STP is Stone Temple Pilots. I remember that song, "Creep", and was a big hit in the 90's. Not to mention Radiohead's "Creep". What's with all the creeps in the 90's! :lol:

But I like to rage against society, the 'machine' if you will.... 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfaJ8RqfOg

(This was the song for the credits of 'The Matrix' if I'm not mistaken...) WAKE UP PEOPLE! :D

buildit

Postby buildit » 27 Sep 2014 21:18

HAGART wrote:Ok, so STP is Stone Temple Pilots. I remember that song, "Creep", and was a big hit in the 90's. Not to mention Radiohead's "Creep". What's with all the creeps in the 90's! :lol:

But I like to rage against society, the 'machine' if you will.... 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUfaJ8RqfOg

(This was the song for the credits of 'The Matrix' if I'm not mistaken...) WAKE UP PEOPLE! :D

LOL.... creeps. :mrgreen:
Rage against the machine is great and yes, Wake up was a perfect song for the matrix. Did anyone else like the concept in the movie Chronicle?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2014 21:27

Never heard of, "Chronicle".
I should watch that and always love a good recommendation.

I recommend, "Waking Life". I think it will be right up your alley just like myself. 8-)

(we are so off-topic anyway, so who cares?)

Return to “Off-Topic”