Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Organic Food

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 04:50

I never saw Gattaca.
Now that you mention it, my cousin wanted me to see it years ago. Me and him are the thinking philosophical type.

I can't help but realize I am just an organic robot at best, perhaps smarter than a chimpanzee, but not by far. I can only rationalize three dimensions in this multi-dimensional Universe. Time and space is all just thoughts we made up, and what are thoughts, but a pattern of electrical impulses.

I don't know where that came from. I just started thinking about the end game of life, and there is none. Never was. This can make one suicidal. But luckily most don't think about it, and continue playing the game, chasing those dopamine rewards in a futile maze leading nowhere but a pit at the end, where you lose everything. Nothing was ever gained.

But does that mean nothing is lost?

What is the meaning of life? I don't think there is one. You can only at best, consider it a game. There are multiple strategies to win, but even then, you lose it all in the end. The Universe flips the game board over in the end and runs away, no matter what you're belief, the you that you think you are now, is for all intent and purposes, storms out on the game of life after God flips the board over when you lose.

I started listening to CowBoy Bebop Jazz, and it got me methodical, yet lackadaisical and just started typing. I don't know where I was going with this, but I'll leave it as a open writing session.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 05:05

I came to another realization.

I simply can not know everything. It's impossible. I, trying to fathom this universe, and reality, is simply impossible because of the mechanics of the organism that is my body. Funny how I distance myself and say "My brain", or "My body". We all have different states of all those, but an underlying sense of self. It's a fabrication, but a comfortable lie we make up. The truth is, time only exists for those experiencing. And what is experience? Experience what? But it was all made up in our heads!

This sort of thought creates an endless paradoxical loop that our simple binary minds can't comprehend.

I should probably go and read Descart, but I prefer to write online with minds out there somewhere. A bunch of electrical impulses might get excited upon reading this, and feel a desire to reply. It will be interesting to see what happens in this game of life, and just send this.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 05:22

I don't think I'm the only one. I could be, and absolutely stroll down the solipsistic avenue on occasion, when alone with my inner self as my only fabricated companion, living a "normal-delusion", and sometimes without, which is scary to not have.
Basically, the problem is, our minds know both extremes of a problem/solution, and then it's a tug o' war game, or you wither away like Buridan's Ass. But we always have to have that problem-solution-dopamine-reward-repeat like a trained dog, and that's my life. No matter what greatness one achieves, that was still the underlying inescapable pattern I'm stuck in and so is everyone else.

Unless I am the only one dreaming up this crazy shit called "reality".

(And this is why I write online, not ramble this stuff around the dinner table) ;)
Last edited by HAGART on 20 Jan 2018 05:43, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 05:42

I know others have figured this out so beware.
Governments and companies and other organizations vying for our attention make up problems that we never knew was a problem until someone told us, so now we think it's a problem... (and they are the ones with the solution to begin with before they announced the problem), then they reveal it, and then everyone feels better. Repeat. That's using the rules of the game to their advantage. No problem, just counter that with being more aware of your thoughts, and the basis of all subliminal, micro-decisions you make. Um... which is pretty much impossible by saying it's subliminal.

This is not rule 34, but must be another number. A rule whereby, if I, this stupid chimp at a computer has thought of it, somebody else has, and has most likely already implemented it, time and time again. I'm not special. I am just a humanoid, organic, robot like the rest of you.

I put organic in bold. I never want to go of topic after all. :mrgreen:
It was an organic writing session, organic food for thought.
(And by the way, I tested Rule 34 on Descartes. There are memes beyond whatever he thought he could imagine.)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 05:59

Where was I?
Oh yea, Gattaca might be an entertaining movie of images and sound for my pleasure, and I'm interested in experiencing it someday.
That's what a normal human would answer, right?

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 20 Jan 2018 07:29

HAGART wrote:Where was I?
Oh yea, Gattaca might be an entertaining movie of images and sound for my pleasure, and I'm interested in experiencing it someday.
That's what a normal human would answer, right?

I PM'ed you a torrent link. to give you the option of seeing it immediately should that be your wish. You're welcome. :)

I don't know where that came from. I just started thinking about the end game of life, and there is none. Never was. This can make one suicidal. But luckily most don't think about it, and continue playing the game, chasing those dopamine rewards in a futile maze leading nowhere but a pit at the end, where you lose everything. Nothing was ever gained.

But does that mean nothing is lost?

What is the meaning of life? I don't think there is one. You can only at best, consider it a game. There are multiple strategies to win, but even then, you lose it all in the end. The Universe flips the game board over in the end and runs away, no matter what you're belief, the you that you think you are now, is for all intent and purposes, storms out on the game of life after God flips the board over when you lose.

I started listening to CowBoy Bebop Jazz, and it got me methodical, yet lackadaisical and just started typing. I don't know where I was going with this, but I'll leave it as a open writing session.

Here's a very interesting link that discusses the topic of "purpose of life." Its long and I know that its coming from a "dating/seduction" website(one that I don't really recommend to the average joe anymore,but I can explain that later if you're interested)but it will definitely pique your interest:
http://www.girlschase.com/content/purpose-life-practical-point-view

to take a small sample from that link,basically everything we humans try to do is a way for us to deny the "inevitability of death",some people:
- believe in an after life, that by worshipping a god or gods or ancestors now, they will be permitted to live on in bliss for all eternity with all the other people they have known and cared for

- believe in building a legacy and being remembered by the world, that by achieving great things their memories can live on and endure

- believe in family and children, that by passing on their genes they have ensured the survival of life and the human race and their own lineage

- Some people abandon the search for meaning altogether and plunge into hedonism

I personally chose option #4. Since there's ultimately no real meaning to life (I don't really see "biological meaning" - which is passing on our genes, as real meaning),we might as well do our best to enjoy it and if it is within our power,help others enjoy their lives as well.

Anyway,just read the link. I have some disagreements with it(which I'll discuss later when you reply,because it'll make this message too long if I post them now)but its a good read overall.

I simply can not know everything. It's impossible.

Correct. Here's another link this time,written by a self-defense/martial arts instructor I respect that discusses this:
http://www.wimsblog.com/2012/08/the-cure-for-arrogance-in-the-martial-arts/

We cannot know everything,and honestly,we don't have to. Just pursue the knowledge you need(to succeed in whatever endeavor your pursue)and the knowledge that interests you. I personally have no interest in learn about complex mathematical equations,so i have no need to pursue it.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 08:04

RedKryptonite wrote:I PM'ed you a torrent link. to give you the option of seeing it immediately should that be your wish. You're welcome.

Thanks, but I'd rather rant as a nowhereman going nowhere for nobody, you know what I mean? Well, if not, no matter. It's all mind over matter and I don't want to matter minds with my mind-matter.

One thing I have realized is the power of meditation. If my reality is nothing but "me" and "thoughts" let's change it up and control it. I only just got started. This is something I needed to know long ago. The ability to IGNORE. Ignorance is bliss, but it doesn't mean you're stupid. You choose to ignore somethings, and focus on others. That is the power of being self aware. Or at least one with a semblance of metacognition.

I'd like to reply more, but I started to get tired and lost steam to write and think. Ah, it's 2:00 a.m., no wonder. I have been on to something for a while. A proof that existence is futile. But I am so stupid to look forward to another day because now I am relaxed. Just for a period of time until the 3 ring circus of the shit show of reality comes back again for half a day.

(um, I am not always this pessimistic. The two switches, optimism and pessimism are just chemicals, not my control. I happen to be on drugs so, yea) after quitting booze, I moved on to coffee, and drink that 5 times a day, but at least it's decaf, but I still get a dopamine release. I'm scrambling for drugs, and even found sugar, and have denounced that, now. I am a dopamine addict!

But we all are. That's why so many people have eating disorders. It's not the companies making the junk food that's the problem. It's the fact that everyone is living in a dead-end society that is the problem.

I'm all for the gamification of society. That is what we need. It's dopamine promotions, bonuses, and coupons for all. We can all just live as consumers, buying shit we never needed, and get praise for working to make shit others don't need, so we can buy shit the others made that we don't need. But it feels so damn good.

Oh well, let's not change it, nor realize it.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 08:12

I didn't fully reply to you Redkryptonite, and I hope to never have to spell that name again. I mean, Kyrtonite (can't even spell that) is green, as it always has been in old Superman movies. You can't now, suddenly change it to red. You just can't.

I'm satisfied that I can't figure out existence, but I try sometimes. I hit a brick wall again, so I'll just make my inner self laugh with my stupid, play-on-words, Dad-jokes.

I am so full of thought, I didn't really read what you wrote, but there is something about a seduction website and I am pretty much in my hedonistic phase in life if you read Siddhartha. I like that book. He denounces Buddha. But it was because we need to follow our own path. The problem is, these people, and buddha happens to be the figure head, figured out our heads.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 08:27

Oh, and one last thing.

Kryptonite is green! Never red. Don't make me watch all I thought I knew crumble around me in a new reality were Kryptonite is red, when I can assure you that I was programmed from an early age to know, for a fact, that kryptonite looks like a green glow stick at a rave, and Richard Prior has the ultimate power, not Superman.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Jan 2018 08:50

Ultimately, I agree, we are all escapists avoiding the ultimate truth that is staring us in the face the whole time, which is our own mortality, knowing that all of knowing ends, and wondering what the purpose is. I envy birds and squirrels that just chase food as their dopamine as we should live.

But, instead, I am a thing that thinks I am, living in a paradox, who even knows what an unfathomable puzzle paradoxes are.

Why am I me, and not you or something else. Why do I have to wake up everyday and be 'me' again?
Then again, we never are, but are simply humans being. And it's the acceptance of being that is key. Sometimes you just have to roll over and accept everything, to stay sane.

But when sane, you realize the bullshit of reality.

I'll sleep on this. I use meditation so much now, I have a good sleeping guided meditation. I know my mind is a fool, easily tricked, and yet who is the I, knowing this.

I treat my mind like a tool now. But it's getting sleepy. I got other work to do too. I'll blab and try to word out my dilhemma with reality another time.

And learn how to spell dillema, dilhemma, ahhh, it;s such a dilemma to spell dilhemma. (I got it right, after a while. It's the one without the red underline that nobody else can see. DILEMMA. (Story of my life, and everyone elses')

I don't know why I through an "H" in there. I keep confusing Dilemma with Diarrhea. Dilemma's are just Diarrhea of the mind aren't they? No focus, just spewing out anything we had bottled up inside. I had some verbal diarrhea, about dilemmas, but this ain't my thread nor website. I'll let others clean up this mess.

Return to “Off-Topic”