Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DawnXEye11

Re: Organic Food

Postby DawnXEye11 » 28 Feb 2018 00:22

Summerlander wrote:I don't give a fuck. Food is food. :mrgreen:

I'm with Hagart on this one. It is good to know what your actually eating/what is in it.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Mar 2018 15:56

This is the fighting thread. Why are we talking about food still? :D

Bullies, like predators in the wild, only attack the weak. Even if they can win, they won't risk getting hurt. Just give them the crazy stare that lets them know you are in survival mode as if being attacked by a wild animal, so you're going to gouge their eyes out with your thumb. If they don't heed your crazy eyes then I guess you might end up even worse (albeit, with a cool souvenir), so in that case, treat it like a bear attack and run!
(Or are you suppose to stay still and make loud noises? It might work by confusing the bully until it loses interest and finds other prey.)

At any rate, yea, if you are gonna fight, FIGHT!
Or cry like a girl and then when he looks away in disgust, kick him in the balls.
(Do I even have to mention what show that last line is from?)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Mar 2018 16:08

RedKryptonite wrote:I was OBSESSED with fighting and violence

I must recommend the cult classic, Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 03 Mar 2018 00:35

This is the off topic thread actually. Anything can happen here. Lol :lol:
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 03 Mar 2018 06:52

@HAGART
You know,I only PM'ed this to Summerlander and Lucide. but after thinking about it,I've decided to finally post my saved conversation here about the last fight I ever got into in high school. I don't see any harm that could come from it after all,especially since I really only talked about the physical altercation itself rather than go into detail with the story. Anyway,here goes. Let me know your thoughts. :)

Expert: Marc MacYoung
Subject: Adrenaline,red eyes,and grappling.
Date Asked: 2015-10-24 09:06:24
Date Answered: 2015-10-24 20:09:52

Question:
QUESTION (Me): I actually asked this question to you on a facebook PM a few months ago,but now I realize this was the more appropriate place to ask and these questions would be helpful to others when asked publicly.

The fight I mentioned before was my 2nd to the last fight,this fight was the last fight I had that came a year after

In high school,I got into it with the baddest/most feared bully. I hate to admit it but I was terrified of the guy. However,after my last fight,I started doing a lot of research about fighting and martial arts. In the past,I had a dismissive attitude towards most traditional martial arts because every taekwondo and karate practitioner I have ever met in my life couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Through research,I had learned about MMA and grappling. I watched the first UFC events and watched Royce Gracie defeat bigger strikers. I also watched the "Gracie in Action" videos(BJJ propaganda videos)and needless to say,I ate it all up. When a striker is forced on his back,he loses the ability to effectively generate force. I had it as a plan that if I ever had to fight any of the big bads in school,I would grapple them to the ground.

And it happened,lets call this guy John. I didn't want to fight but he was such a bullying asshole that my hand was forced. I had to choose between fighting him or losing face in front of the entire school. The latter was not an option for me. Anyways,we were already yelling at each other but John was so overconfident that he didn't even stand up from his seat while I was in his face. This gave me the opening to do a "Chair tackle/Takedown" where you literally dive/pounce on a seated opponent. Here's a video that best depicts what I did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdmDhY6maOE

Let me tell you,I experienced the most powerful adrenaline rush of my life the moment I jumped at him. Time went in slow motion,I got tunnel vision,auditory exclusion(my teacher was yelling at me to stop when everyone came to break the fight up,I couldn't hear him at all),I didn't feel any pain from the impact...In fact,I don't think I even remember feeling an impact from the takedown. And my eyes went red(When the fight was over,my friends told me about it. I had such a scary face/look) and I think I was even having flashbacks/mind running through memories during the fight.

I took John to the ground because I felt that was my only chance to win,or at least gain a secondary victory where even if I lose,I made him suffer. I had no training at the time and I don't think I could have beaten him at all in a head on brawl. not only because he was a more experienced brawler but because the adrenaline I felt was so strong that I probably would have flailed and threw ineffective punches. He was also in better shape than I was(I weigh 240 lbs and fat,he was around 150-160 lbs give or take)

Anyway,once I got him to the ground with me landing into the mounted position,I don't remember feeling any resistance from him. I don't know if its because he froze or the takedown itself KO'ed him right then and there but people came in to break the fight up and I grabbed unto the collar of his uniform because I didn't want to give him the chance to hit me during the break up(It never crossed my mind that my first move might have taken him out of commission) while people were trying to pull/lift me off of him,I pulled his uniform over his head and had him in a neck crank/can opener position,It looked like this:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/98iW2ahMPK0/maxresdefault.jpg
but the difference is that rather than grabbing the back of his head,I was grabbing unto his uniform and pulling his head down with it while the other were trying to get me off of him. They couldn't get me off of him at all until one of the teachers came in front of me yelling at me to stop. I let go once I felt it was safe to do so.

Once I let him go,I stared straight into his eyes,ready to take him down again if he pushes it but his reaction surprised me. He instead looked away and started laughing uncontrollably. Asking everyone in the area what the hell's the matter with me. Its like his previous aggression towards me before the fight began had completely disappeared. I think this is what you mean when you say effective movement causes an opponent to lose the will to fight.

After that,the teachers spoke to both of us and we both ended up making peace. The fight happened in front of the entire high school,and many of my fellow students were praising me for what I did(many hated him). although there were a few who didn't like me and thought I was a violent guy for it,I didn't give a damn about those people(I actually gave those people an insulting smile when they called me violent,haha)
a lot of people say violence is never the answer,that's just a big load of shit. John and every other bully in the school wasn't interested in messing with me anymore after that fight. I'd say that solved my problem.

Anyway,what do you think? Truth be told,I went home very proud of myself that day,I could never forget that moment. I had probably fulfilled every violent geek's wet dream on that day,haha. I thrashed the baddest bully without any injuries or long term negative consequences. Do you think grappling was the right move? I may not have been able to take him out brawling/striking with him,I simply did not have the training at the time. The month of training I had in boxing has taught me how to hit correctly but I have no idea if I could use my training in a similarly intense situation. I haven't been in a fight ever since.

One last question,how exactly do you defend against the chair tackle I did? I remember reading somewhere a guy defended against this move by pulling guard(a BJJ move)and flip over the opponent but there might be a better move because pulling guard still means you get slammed into the ground. I apologize for this very long message but I didn't want to remove any important details like I did in that facebook PM I sent you.

ANSWER(Marc Macyoung,the self-defense instructor I was talking to): It was a fight. It happens. There are all kinds of weird things that happen in fights that once you understand the social aspects and adrenaline make all kinds of sense. (Like the guy laughing after getting beaten -- people when they don't know what to do often laugh out of sheer adrenaline.) But I want to look at something else.

There's an old saying among cops that EVERY situation they're involved in there's a gun present -- because they bring it.

There IS a guy present who won't stop and will keep on beating someone long after things should have been settled. It's you.

You've mentioned two incidents that were broken up by others. That's actually a good sign. That means there's some kind of social order where you're fighting. Berserks and "I can't surrender because it isn't safe" is usually inappropriate for that kind of violence. You going berserk out of fear and fixating on getting hurt -- and in doing so not stopping after you defeated him.

The issue is you have to learn how to control that.

If you're fighting from fear, anger or pride (which you've referred to multiple times with humiliated, hate, terrified, etc.)then you're going to step on your dick sooner or later. If every time you fight you're convinced you're fighting for your life or that if you don't stop he'll hurt you, YOU are going to be the one who crosses the line and hurts someone. Like going to prison hurts someone.

It may come as a surprise, but most people don't want to fight. Fighting is dangerous. Fighting is painful. Fighting causes problems. Having said that, there are times where those costs have to be paid because there's no compromise in some people until you smash them in the face, still other people can only be stopped by brute force. (The two are not the same. The first won't compromise until you can show you can back it up. The second you're going to have to hurt or kill.)

Right now your emotions and pride are driving the bus. You won't fight until those overwhelm you -- then those are driving your decisions in the violence. I say violence because if you aren't willing to ease off when someone tries to surrender (or you've obviously won)or you don't know how to end a violent confrontation* then the problem is you. That's not fighting. That's a different kind of violence -- and until you learn how to control it, it ain't good.

*yes, there's a process for winding down conflict. This isn't about fighting per se, but it gives you a rough outline
http://macyoungsmusings.blogspot.com/2015/09/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html

You obviously have some physical skills, now it's time to start working on learning how to control your emotions and fear so you don't get hurt or hurt someone else. There's a time and a place for violence. Learn to spot when it is and isn't time and react appropriately. But more importantly, learn how to unwind the situation after there's been conflict. If you can do that, you're way ahead of pretty much everyone else.
a - get into unnecessary violence
http://macyoungsmusings.blogspot.com/2015/09/v-behaviorurldefaultvmlo.html )

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION(Me): Well,like I said. I was scared and I made all kinds of assumptions about the guy I'm fighting. Realistically speaking though,a punch will not always take someone out but will a slam always work? or are there people out there who are so tough that they can take that same slam I used and still keep on fighting? I had thought my opponent would be such a person,hence my actions.

"The issue is you have to learn how to control that"
- Would Adrenal Stress Training help me with this and replicate the intense adrenal experience I had? (Well,either way it will help with my fighting skills as long as its quality training like Peyton Quinn's RMCAT or Bill Kipp's FAST...If I ever get the chance someday)

"there's no compromise in some people until you smash them in the face"
-EXACTLY! and even if you lose,if you manage to at least bang them up,they ain't gonna want to mess with you. Funnily enough,the guy who rocked me didn't even want to mess with me anymore after our fight and I didn't even hurt him,just clinched up with him. maybe its because he saw that I still managed to put up a resistance despite hitting me with his best shots,but I'm just speculating at this point.

and yes,there's a time and place for violence. I agree,although in this particular instance that I mentioned,I do strongly believe that I made the right choice by smashing john. I reaped far more benefits than any bad consequences from it.

Its been a few years since I've gotten in a violent situation. I've since then mellowed out and I can now avoid going unnecessarily violent,or at least I think I can. Still,I wanted to speak with about my experiences with someone experienced in the field of violence such as yourself

ANSWER(Marc): >Well,like I said. I was scared and I made all kinds of assumptions about the guy I'm fighting. >Realistically speaking though,a punch will not always take someone out but will a slam always >work? or are there people out there who are so tough that they can take that same slam I used >and still keep on fighting? I had thought my opponent would be such a person,hence my actions.

You fight the guy in front of you, not your imagination. Otherwise you're going to be more focused on what he might do instead of what he's actually doing. That's a good way to end up dead or in prison.

>The issue is you have to learn how to control that"
>- Would Adrenal Stress Training help me with this and replicate the intense adrenal experience >I had? (Well,either way it will help with my fighting skills as long as its quality training >like Peyton Quinn's RMCAT or Bill Kipp's FAST...If I ever get the chance someday)

It might. But practicing what the Buddhists call 'mindfulness' in your everyday life doesn't require travel and it's something you can start doing now. Pay attention to life around you. Look for patterns of behavior. (In fact you can play a game of 'what's going to happen next?) You'll find humans are very predictable. In general they react in certain ways. Learn these ways. Watch. Don't judge, just watch. Wait until the situation is done before you make a decision (you'll see a lot more if you don't make up your mind so quick.) After a while you'll begin to see bigger patterns. Patterns that you'll be able to tell if the person is following or not. If it's a benign pattern let it wind down (or you can land it quicker). If not, don't let it get that far. There's lots of ways to end it. It's just a matter of: What's the best one for that situation? But you won't be able to choose until you understand the patterns.

>"there's no compromise in some people until you smash them in the face"
>-EXACTLY! and even if you lose,if you manage to at least bang them up,they ain't gonna want >to mess with you. Funnily enough,the guy who rocked me didn't even want to mess with me >anymore after our fight and I didn't even hurt him,just clinched up with him. maybe its >because he saw that I still managed to put up a resistance despite hitting me with his best >shots,but I'm just speculating at this point.

Don't project that onto others if it's inside of you. I tell the cops I train that 90% of all situations can be de-escalated. There's 10% that can't. That means if you have a 75% of all the situations you find yourself in go physical, the problem is with you and what you're doing.

But you have to

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION(Me): I understand what you're trying to tell me. I can wholeheartedly say I hope this will be the last physically violent event of my life and that the peaceful path I walk on now will continue on for the rest of my life. I know I'm not invincible,I know that engaging in daily violence is a dead end life path and that I should leave the violence path while I still haven't experienced the nastier parts of it.

There's only a one more question I'd like to ask.

Notice the Adrenal Decay I talk about in my story? Will full-contact martial arts training fix this problem? or is this something that can only be handled by doing both full contact training and adrenal stress training?

Answer(Marc):
There is no single answer to your question. Each can -- and will -- contribute to helping you learn how to function under adrenal stress, but it's something that in the final analysis boils down to you being able to do it.

And you can be great at functioning under one set of circumstances, but fall apart in another. So like I said, no simple answer

THE END

EDIT: BTW,thanks for that movie recommendation. I'll check it out at another time. Right now,I'm busy playing visual novels. :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Mar 2018 01:09

I'll be honest. I didn't read all that. My attention span is worse than Donald Trump.
I read your story though, just not the reply and follow up.

I remember seeing a few fights, and there were some 'mock' fights where people are just beating their chests like gorillas essentially. I haven't been around it much with my upbringing. However, I have two older brothers and one younger, and we would play fight that can become more serious when the parents are away. It's just like animals in the wild, rough housing to practice the skills they need later, but after all that pugilism in the living room, I might bring a sofa cushion to a knife fight! :(
But it did give me practice that I guess bullies could detect. I'm also a classic mediator personality, (middle child), so I was constantly making piece between my older and younger brother.

Reading how you said it's every nerds wet dream reminded me of a legend I heard only from my uncles. Apparently my dad clocked the school bully once with a single punch. Of course that story may have been exaggerated, but he got praise and respect for that. My father never talked about it though.

Fighting to save face, or satisfy our ego can be considered unintellectual, but damn it, we are still monkeys. Ever see a tribe of monkeys fight and revolt their alpha male, or have a stand off with another troop? It is almost exactly like what we do when we riot in the streets and chimp out.

But it's how we are. I don't think it was mistake at all. You'll cherish it.
The pen is mightier than the sword, but a fist to the face can feel so damn good.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Mar 2018 01:11

Great move, Redkryptonite. 8-)

Violence can bring about many effects, and not all of them are negative. Sometimes there is a context in which all opposing parties are no longer interested in dialogue, and their minds are suffused with the concept of fighting dignity, a reactionary impulse stemming from adrenaline and strong emotions. Our minds happen to be multifaceted by a cornucopia of nuanced experiences and the reasoning behind its narratives. :geek:

Sometimes the lure of an egotistical narrative is enough to persuade a pensive individual to forego logic and reprobate ethical or altruistic responses. Many can be self-obsessed. :idea:

I get sick of regressive Leftist do-gooders stigmitising war and promoting the kind of extreme pacifism that enables bullies to walk all over you. I believe in the following: Everybody is entitled to explain oneself and express what is really in one's heart---provided that everybody is prepared to face the possible consequences of their actions. :idea:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 11 Mar 2018 20:02

Well there was one time I really fought back (I almost forgot about that) and it was when I was barely learning karate. There was a family funeral on the same day I became slightly older. I needed to get to a restroom very fast after the service, and didn't notice the door handle wasn't snapping very well. A bunch of older women went into the restroom and a couple opened my stall door. I yelled at them and shut my stall with my legs. Stupid perverts really didn't get it, as they opened my stall a couple more times and were watching me, a couple with cell phones. Finally, I got up off the seat, made a slight mess on the floor (it was their fault as they wouldn't give me personal space), and punched the woman who kept opening my stall. The others backed way off when they saw me punch her. I cleaned up the mess once they left. I told a couple of family members there I punched a pervert, and they told me she deserved it.
When I told someone about this, they recommended I sing "The Great Mighty Poo" song to scare bullies off the next time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdd4rBlsj2o&t=12s

One of the worst places you can get tormented by bullies is in a restroom, as you are cornered and have no place to run away to. This doesn't mean, however, you cannot fight back. The consequences for fighting back in a restroom might end up being a bit...messy, but rest assured you can fight back, and should be able to clean up the mess once you are through fighting off your bully.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 12 Mar 2018 11:28

lucidé wrote:Well there was one time I really fought back (I almost forgot about that) and it was when I was barely learning karate. There was a family funeral on the same day I became slightly older. I needed to get to a restroom very fast after the service, and didn't notice the door handle wasn't snapping very well. A bunch of older women went into the restroom and a couple opened my stall door. I yelled at them and shut my stall with my legs. Stupid perverts really didn't get it, as they opened my stall a couple more times and were watching me, a couple with cell phones. Finally, I got up off the seat, made a slight mess on the floor (it was their fault as they wouldn't give me personal space), and punched the woman who kept opening my stall. The others backed way off when they saw me punch her. I cleaned up the mess once they left. I told a couple of family members there I punched a pervert, and they told me she deserved it.
When I told someone about this, they recommended I sing "The Great Mighty Poo" song to scare bullies off the next time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdd4rBlsj2o&t=12s

One of the worst places you can get tormented by bullies is in a restroom, as you are cornered and have no place to run away to. This doesn't mean, however, you cannot fight back. The consequences for fighting back in a restroom might end up being a bit...messy, but rest assured you can fight back, and should be able to clean up the mess once you are through fighting off your bully.

Haha,great job there! :D :lol:

This actually reminds me of an anecdotal story I once read. It was about a man being attacked while he was taking a leak/piss. As the men were about to attack him,he sprayed his urine all over them and they retreated. :lol:
I believe I found it as an example in TV tropes (I believe it was about combat pragmatists or so,can't recall exactly)

I suppose you could also have picked up and thrown your shit at the perv,wonder how that would have turned out. XD

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 12 Mar 2018 18:16

RedKryptonite wrote:Haha,great job there! :D :lol:

This actually reminds me of an anecdotal story I once read. It was about a man being attacked while he was taking a leak/piss. As the men were about to attack him,he sprayed his urine all over them and they retreated. :lol:
I believe I found it as an example in TV tropes (I believe it was about combat pragmatists or so,can't recall exactly)

I suppose you could also have picked up and thrown your shit at the perv,wonder how that would have turned out. XD

I wasn't actually taking a dump in that way (well not that time, but often times that does happen) being female. I could still have easily still thrown what was coming out at them, but it would have caused a lot of screaming if I did like in a horror scene.
Typically otherwise I often have to run to a bathroom because I have IBS. If a bully messed with me then, whatever I threw at them would have quite the number of diseases in it. Bullies really don't want to mess with people who have that.

If there is one thing I wish I could fight back against, it is loud and high pitched sounds. I have super hearing, and I end up taking indirect damage from loud/high pitched sounds. There are too many parents who are bullies in my town, who allow their toddlers to chase me and scream in my ears thinking it's funny, when I intentionally attempt to run away from them because my ears are sensitive.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Off-Topic”