Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Organic Food

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 06:08

My mother quit cold turkey when she got pregnant with me in her womb,
She said she suffered withdrawal, was sick for a few months, and has since been a food addict needing to munch on potato chips and pop corn sometimes.
We all need some sort of dopamine, and we find what's easiest.

Quitting smoking is like holding your breath, and when you feel the need to breath again, just drown. I'm not dying. I also feel good when I push beyond it, and get a sense of satisfaction, and then curse myself when I break and smoke again. Quitting addictions stirs up many mixed emotions.

Oh well, like I said, February 1st is my quit date. I'll probably stop before that. But even if one goes 3 days or so without, you are not out of the woods. It takes months. In fact, my mother and others have told me, that once you quit, you will continue dreaming about smoking for the rest of your life, in fact, even moreso, after you deny your conscious mind to think about it anymore, it will show up in dreams when we let go and witness our suppressed desires again.

You replied as I wrote this. I must say, that yes, weening off is the way to go. It starts from your mind first. I have to just keep remembering how life was like without it, and convince myself that I'm not a smoker anymore. I never liked it to begin with. And there is no golden cigarette where you say, "this is the last one". Doing that, makes you crave it more. The habit has to die off without me noticing.

Like Force vs Work. It's not an elevator ride up to change, it's a long inclined plane. When it's so shallow of an angle, we never notice.
(Keep in mind, I don't practice everything I preach)

RK wrote:Another suggestion: You're into Cannabis,right? perhaps you could also use this to distract you away from cigarettes. smoking a joint is undeniably far less harmful than smoking tobacco.

Yea, I do that too and mix some tobacco in the mix. It does help kind of, but it's not the same. In fact, I am cutting back on the cannabis too. I've gotten too use to it now, so it's not fun anymore, and it ruins REM sleep where the magic of lucid dreams tend to happen. I need a good lucid dream again. Those set your mind straight better than any drug I have ever had. Funny how the most tripped out experience keeps me sane.
Last edited by HAGART on 21 Jan 2018 06:18, edited 1 time in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 06:15

Hey...you know,this reminds me of a thread discussion between me and Summerlander,here it is:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=20097

Do you still lucid dream nowadays? if so,perhaps you could transfer your smoking habit to the dream world instead of the real world. Summer and I discussed whether lucid dreaming can be used by drug addicts to safely enjoy their harmful substances in the dream world rather than the waking world. So far,I find that you can replicate the effects of Cannabis and even the rush of meth(I only pulled it off once so far though). perhaps this suggestion will also help you,or have you tried this already?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 06:25

Yea, I do still lucid dream. I had a few earlier this month. I should write about them more. They truly are the most remarkable experiences of my entire life.
In a dream, I have no need for any vice, other than being horny, and a god complex.

(actually no, I often fail in lucid dreams. I need more God Complex actually. All lucid dreaming failures are due to a lack of confidence. If you second guess it, you ruin it. )

I see the thread you made, and just gave it a glance. I must say, the underlying need to take a drug is moot when in a lucid dream anyway. I have an example from my own experience.

I was in a lucid dream, and in a city, and was just using my finger to topple down buildings. It was amazing. With a wave of a finger, I saw buildings collapse like a controlled demolition. But then I wanted to try smoking a joint in a dream since I hadn't had any for a long time. The dream person I asked simply said, "If you can do that [topple down buildings], then why do you need to 'get high'?"

I was already higher than I ever am when awake.
But yes, dreaming helps mitigate addictions and trauma. The most cathartic experience I know of.
Last edited by HAGART on 21 Jan 2018 06:39, edited 1 time in total.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 06:28

And now allow me to talk about myself this time.

Honestly,I already know the key to beating my obesity. The author of the website "aworkoutroutine" has written a book called "Superior Fat Loss" and I managed to learn the truth of what really causes fat loss,what doesn't cause fat loss. It specifies what you need to do and the bullshit you don't need to do.(that is often perpetuated by the corrupt fitness industry. either out of ignorance or a malicious attempt to make fitness more complicated and harder than it needs to be in order to make money)

Despite this knowledge though,I still can't work on it right now,not until much later in the future. why? because where I am right now,it is simply very impractical to try the fat/weight loss journey. I'm a college student who lives with my parents(this is acceptable in the society I live in btw),and thus I have no control over what meals we eat. also,trying to pass college is challenging enough as it is(I really,really want to quit,but I can't. where I live,not graduating college is almost a guarantee to a life of poverty,which I don't want. damn life.),focusing on developing fitness is simply out of the cards right now.

Edit: "Creating a need that doesn't have to exist." Hmm...wanna know what that reminds me of? This video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9SCE3BbCE

Summer enjoyed it. maybe you will too. ;)
Last edited by RedKryptonite on 21 Jan 2018 06:47, edited 1 time in total.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 06:37

HAGART wrote:Yea, I do still lucid dream. I had a few earlier this month. I should write about them more. They truly are the most remarkable experiences of my entire life.
In a dream, I have no need for any vice, other than being horny, and a god complex.

(actually no, I often fail in lucid dreams. I need more God Complex actually. All lucid dreaming failures are due to a lack of confidence. If you second guess it, you ruin it. )

Well,smoking,as far as I know,isn't really an enjoyable activity anyway. I'm not a cigarette smoker(tried it a few times and didn't like it,so I discontinued with it)so correct if I'm wrong,but all tobacco/nicotine really does is take away the "craving" and not really give you any extraordinary pleasure. (Kind of like a ruined orgasm silencing your horniness or taking a piss after holding in it for so long. you feel "relief" but not pleasure)

Compare this to hard drugs like meth,cocaine,heroin,etc. Its not uncommon for a first time user to feel an enormous amount of pleasure from their first taste. This is what we hope to recreate with lucid dreaming,so that when a person gets this "first taste",he can recreate this in the dream world rather than developing a dangerous habit.

So I guess if you don't feel a need to smoke in the dream world(like in the waking world),there really isn't much to gain by trying to switch the habit there.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 06:43

I got a lot off my chest, just coming here to blab like a blog.
It's time I started listening more to your story. I'll be back in a bit. (BRB if you will. We are pretty much talking live now)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 06:59

I see your problem and dilemma with food which is beyond your control, and feeling a need to lose weight.

But the question is, how much weight does it have on our minds? An anorexic girl carries more weight in her mind about a pound of flesh than Santa Clause who is happy as can be with who he is.

The root of all dilemma is a dichotomy, binary, tug of war, between optimism and pessimism. That is the basis of all our thoughts... I think.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Jan 2018 07:05

"Its not uncommon for a first time user to feel an enormous amount of pleasure from their first taste."
Why do people even do drugs? Because they are bored with thinking the way they normally think.
Dreams are far superior, and I felt more euphoria in a healthy way in lucid dreams, but being a lazy, hairless ape, I grab the quick fixes instead.

I guess the same is said for the rest of us Eartharians.

Oh, and what you said about drugs just simply satisfying cravings and nothing more, you are spot on. That's what happens. You do them just to stay normal. Whatever normal is. Not much pleasure anymore, just pain and relief. That's the cycle I need to break free of.

Keep it organic, my friends!

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 07:12

HAGART wrote:I see your problem and dilemma with food which is beyond your control, and feeling a need to lose weight.

But the question is, how much weight does it have on our minds? An anorexic girl carries more weight in her mind about a pound of flesh than Santa Clause who is happy as can be with who he is.

The root of all dilemma is a dichotomy, binary, tug of war, between optimism and pessimism. That is the basis of all our thoughts... I think.

You're correct. I dare say that anorexic girl who is resorting to extreme measures in an effort to lower her weight(i.e starving herself,going on unhealthy fad diets,yo-yo dieting due to inconsistent success,etc.)and is burdened by insecurity and stress is far less healthy than a guy whose fat and doesn't give a shit.

I used to have a toxic uncle who always complained about my weight,when he is an unsuccessful bum who smokes cigarettes. What a hypocrite. Seriously,if you have an addiction of your own,you have no right to criticize others for their addiction. :roll:
Thankfully he's out of my life. While I will politely respond to him if he messages me,I never go out of my way to message him(not even to greet him on his B-day). That was how toxic he was.

My parents also used to try nagging me about weight loss,but thankfully they've given up trying. they'll make a comment here and there,but its easy enough to ignore.

While I do want to get thin someday,I will do it when it is most convenient for me,following the method outlined by Superior Fat Loss. Not because a bunch of ignorant people with addictions of their own want me to.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 21 Jan 2018 07:16

HAGART wrote:"Its not uncommon for a first time user to feel an enormous amount of pleasure from their first taste."
Why do people even do drugs? Because they are bored with thinking the way they normally think.
Dreams are far superior, and I felt more euphoria in a healthy way in lucid dreams, but being a lazy, hairless ape, I grab the quick fixes instead.

I guess the same is said for the rest of us Eartharians.

Oh, and what you said about drugs just simply satisfying cravings and nothing more, you are spot on. That's what happens. You do them just to stay normal. Whatever normal is. Not much pleasure anymore, just pain and relief. That's the cycle I need to break free of.

Keep it organic, my friends!

I was primarily talking about smoking,but yes,drugs can become that way if you're an addicted user whose tolerance got so high(no pun intended)that they ain't doing the drug for pleasure anymore,but for maintenance. If you're a recreational drug user,you don't ever want to get to that point.

But you're right. The "normal" way of living can get so boring,drugs and other unique pursuits(such as meditation and lucid dreaming)is definitely a way to spice up your life.

How often do you lucid dream nowadays? every other week?

Return to “Off-Topic”