Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Organic Food

Postby HAGART » 05 Feb 2018 23:00

You summed up our programming well.

It reminds me of something I pondered years ago. I saw a small whirlwind of leaves in a corner of the house where it channels the wind. I could only see it because of the leaves, and the leaves themselves would sometimes fly off and new ones were picked up and incorporated. When does that whirl wind die and a new one created? It takes wind, but that corner made order out of the chaotic wind and formed something that we can label. But it's not visible, it's only the leaves I could see. It's an invisible force, like a 'lifeforce', and we are all like those whirlwinds.

One definition of life is when molecules are behaving in an organized manner, apart from the rest of the chaotic universe. For us, it's our skin, and for cells they have cell walls. But if you think about it this way, then an ecosystem is a larger life form in a way, and so is the entire Earth, a large breathing organism. Organic organisms are organized. I wonder though. If we are constantly replacing our bodies with fresh, ageless atoms, why do we wither and deteriorate? It can't be entropy since the atoms are constantly replacing, it must be the program in the DNA for some reason.

Our consciousness as we know it certainly needs time to exist. We constantly need references for comparison, and notice changes in patterns. You can't perceive anything if there is no change, or oscillating waves. It's possible that the true universe has no time. Everything than can happen has happened all at once. We are the ones making up time in our mind to perceive the universe from this 3D perspective, when the total universe has many more D's.

I get my info from You Tube videos that explain it better. If I find them I'll send them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Gotl9vRGs
(Ten Dimensions Explained)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Feb 2018 04:02

I love the whirlwind analogy, well put. The Earth is a chaotic ball of mess spinning and hurtling through space ... and also a 'whirlwind' with a lot of meaning and value to our bemused species ... :|

... and a particular property of the universe remains mysterious---or at least our theories and attempts to explain it away haven't shed its puzzling mystique, yet. :geek:

Amidst the chaos, complex molecules allow for interesting and ostensibly meaningful forms such as organisms. But our bodies are not as ordered to suit our needs as would be ideal. Organisms make mistakes. Innate errors---or the genetic kind, for instance---can jeopardise the whole biological system. (But perhaps we can rectify these anomalies with biology as we bid to create a nonpareil ideal for the future.) :idea:

And as if the precariousness of our condition wasn't enough, we have microbial foes to fight. We may survive all these dangers but we will always be affected by interaction with our surroundings; but most unavoidable is our lifespan written inside our cells. There is only so much work they'll do and telomeres are only as long as they make them.

Nature programmed us to die. But you can't blame it---it is blind. :mrgreen:

I'm somewhat familiar with string theory but I will give that video a look-see in my own time. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Feb 2018 20:13

The video is rather long and boring actually.
Here it is cued to the interesting part where you consider how you are in a 4th dimension.
https://youtu.be/p4Gotl9vRGs?t=159

To paraphrase: In the 4th dimension, all of our life is seen from embryo to death, but we are 3 dimensional beings, only seeing cross-sections of the 4th dimension, seeing ourselves changing, and aging as time passes.

Not sure if that's true or not, but can imagine it. (as best I can with a 3D brain)

Here's Terence Mckenna - "Why our perception of time is speeding up"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L6OjWJSSeE
This is an interesting point of view on time and what is happening in the universe. He's done a lot of DMT to come to his conclusions, but that's another topic. Then again, it's organic!
I knew I could find a way to keep this about organic things we can eat.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Feb 2018 03:14

Give me some of that DMT juice, I say! 8-)

It sounds strangely feasible but I suspect deep down my mind is going 'This idea about reality is so cool!' and making me defend it all the way. I first encountered this proposal in an issue of NewScientist and remember being mesmerised by how weird it could all really be. We are talking theoretical physics here (organic :mrgreen: ) so if this hypothesis is correct, time is an illusion. To see time without passage we'd have to stand outside the structure that is our reality. Where might that place be? And is it fair to describe it as 'place' if it happens in another space? :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 12 Feb 2018 21:20

Is this really about organic foods now? Lol Well this is the off topic thread. :lol:

Also, i feed organic veggies and fruit to my birds. However, theres truth to this, whats better than buying organic food so you know its really organic and safe for enviornment is growing it yourself. When you have neither option you just do what has to be done. However, you can tell when something has pesticides when you have a pet. Your pet gets sick eventually or dies. Than again, I get USDA approved stuff and im still unsure at times.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Feb 2018 00:28

I don't give a fuck. Food is food. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Feb 2018 20:56

To get back on topic of the off topic,
Food is sometimes "food".
Just be informed and know what it actually is.
There are countless examples of deception, but just off the top of my head, most "honey" and "maple syrup" in the U.S. is actually corn syrup with flavourings.

I got that from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjpvpZyuow
What Are You Really Eating? (Thoughty2)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 25 Feb 2018 14:19

I know this is a sudden and random question,but @Summer and @HAGART
have you 2 ever been in a fight? (or maybe multiple cases)

if so,would mind describing the experience? just felt like asking,haha.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Feb 2018 00:49

I've probably been in half a dozen fights. Wins and draws---never lost! But I'm not proud of my physical confrontations---seen as they are often the product of a breakdown in communication---so much as I'm proud of my resistance to violence which only fails me when I'm physically threatened or provoked.

Extreme ire and self-defence---always ignited by an egotistically unreasonable individual---are the only contexts which antagonise my proclivity for composure and civility.

I've never been a troublemaker and every time I fought, I always believed I was doing so for a good and noble reason. My adversaries have always expressed an unscrupulous nature and threw the first punch ...

... so since I know myself to be reasonable and mostly scrupulous, I naturally consider myself to be the only person at the time to be deserving of help and worthy of victory! So I help myself. If I lose, it's an injustice. If I win, I hope my opponent has learned a lesson.

In a similar moralistic vein, if I ever wrong someone and the wronged punch me, I'll take it if I find I'm the despicable one.

But I'm almost always right. And I only fight when physically provoked. Never when verbally abused.

So if you ever see me under some colossus, be sure to help me because there's a high probability that I'm right! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 26 Feb 2018 10:41

Yeah. My fights have always been against bullies who tried to mess with me,I never went out of my way to be an asshole and start one. I lost only 1 fight,but that loss ended up being a giant "blessing in disguise" (for lack of a better term,we both despite religion. :lol: )because it ended up starting me on the path to heavily researching martial arts and violence(I was OBSESSED with fighting and violence back then,and that's putting it lightly. I've mostly gotten over it by now though),which is why I know the things I do now. I can say with confidence that I'm far more knowledgeable about violence than your average tough guy. (and especially the average civilian) and the knowledge prepared me for the very last fight I was going to get into in the future. To this day,I'm still very much proud of what I achieved there,not many can say they defeated the baddest/most feared bully in the high school they went to. :mrgreen: (You know what? Perhaps I'll send you the saved conversation I had about that fight later,just because I want to hear your thoughts.)

Anyway,what I'll talk about here now is just about that one fight I lost,I'll focus only on the physical altercation itself and cite the things I learned from it. I don't really remember the cause all that well anymore,and its not really all that interesting anyway. (Its a typical bully scenario). here goes:

R(the bully)and I are in each other's face,R's been verbally abusing me and I had enough of it. I was punching R in the chest,hoping that I could intimidate him to back off. (This was my Big mistake in this fight,let me cite an important quote by Theodore Roosevelt: Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft. This is especially true in a fight,if a situation is bad enough that you have to go physical or hit someone,you hit them with everything you have and the full intention to deck them. Had I done this,I almost certainly would have won)

Unfortunately,R capitalized on this mistake and hit me with everything he had right on my nose. Damn,it was the hardest punch I ever took in my life. My head was spinning,and my eyes were watering. (I wasn't crying,its a natural reaction to getting hit in the nose. but fuck,was it embarrassing :oops: ). R started raining lots of punches into my face and I couldn't defend myself because the tears in my eyes blinded me. (or was it my rocked brain? I can't tell). In addition,I might have actually froze because I didn't expect such a fierce counter-attack.
http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/freeze-response.htm

I don't know how many punches R landed,but I was about to fall on the ground. However,in the midst of the beating,the thought came to me that "If I fall down,there's a good chance he's going to start stomping and kicking me on the ground. I can't let that happen!" and so I got angry and forced myself to charge right in to clinch and lean unto him. I was bigger and taller than he was,and so I was able to place my body weight on him and use him as a support. Here's a fighting scene that I can say most accurately depicts what I was doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqSDtMNPeU (Go to 42:40 to see the clinch)

and...it WORKED! The guy couldn't hit me anymore(I got lucky that when I clinched,I was able to tie down both of R's arms) and I was able to rest on him until the fight was broken up by the surrounding people. Once they peeled me off of him,I glared at him eye to eye(I don't know how I look like when I'm angry or in combat mode,but they say I look very scary,especially because my eyes tend to turn red.) then proceeded to just walk away. I hate to admit it,but I wasn't in any shape to fight anymore at that moment. I lost. My nose was bleeding profusely,but thankfully it wasn't broken and that was the only injury I sustained. You could also say that I may have lost the battle,but still won the war anyway because R came apologizing to me later on and didn't want to mess with me anymore. What do you know,even when you lose,fighting can still successfully resolve a situation with a bully. :lol:

Oh...and here comes lesson #2. Clinching is a great way to recover when you've been rocked(though be sure to do your best to tie both of your opponent's arms with the clinch,although this may not always be possible). I should have done that IMMEDIATELY as soon as that first hard punch landed and rocked/blinded me. Had I done that,I would not have taken so much punishment and I might even have been able to recover enough to get back into the fight. Another option is to try and wrestle your opponent to the ground and rest on top of him until you recover. The 3rd option that I learned from Marc Macyoung is you can lay on the ground and use up-kicks to keep the opponent away until you're able to recover. Of course,being rocked is not a position you want to be in(Trust me,I know. :lol: ). These 3 tactics are simply meant to keep you from getting annihilated until you can recover.

I dunno if you guys find this interesting to talk about,but I felt like bringing it up. haha. I'm not as obsessed about this as I used to be,but I'm still a fighting nut. haha :D

Return to “Off-Topic”