Organic Food

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
RedKryptonite

Re: Organic Food

Postby RedKryptonite » 23 Dec 2017 17:55

Summerlander wrote:The question is: Could you spare your unborn children the pain and suffering this world brings? The answer should be 'yes'. The only way you can fully protect your children is by not having them. Of course this also means the end of mankind. Notice that anti-natalism doesn't prescribe suicide as it can be consistent with morality by arguing that taking one's life causes others to suffer. And it never goes against the living when they say they'd rather hold on to their lives. Anti-natalism merely advises against having children. 8-)

Anti-natalism reminds us: Even the most successful lives come to an end. You live long enough and you'll notice that the phone starts ringing more often with bad news. You start losing people. And you still have to contemplate death ... :shock:

I suppose the closest way you can replicate such a feat is if you were a wealthy person raising a pet. After all,in this case,you have almost full control over the pet's environment and as long as you always provide its necessities(and emotionally bond with it of course),then it may very well never have to learn how to handle struggle. You can allow a pet to live a completely spoiled and sheltered life but you can't raise a human being like that. At least,not without crippling their ability to handle life on their own.

True that. In fact,I imagine(though I could be wrong)it is the most successful and happy individuals who will have the most trouble accepting and contemplating the reality of death. For instance,look at the rich people making large financial investments in hopes of achieving immortality or very long life. (not that there's anything wrong with making efforts to lengthen our lifespan and decrease the downsides of aging. if I were rich and happy,I too would be doing my best to prolong the gravy train as much as I could,hehe. :mrgreen: )

People who are genuinely miserable with their lives often won't really care about the eventuality of their death. some will even look forward to it. (Suicidal people)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2017 00:39

Don't forget: No matter how pampered we are, there is no escaping anxiety and struggle. We all grow old and die. Life is tarnished by pain and suffering ... and everything comes to an end.

I don't rule out the possibility of becoming suicidal. I don't know what's going to happen to my brain and mind in the next forty or fifty years. I'd like to think I can hack it through the hardships, but I just don't know. I can imagine a scenario where my family is killed and the acute melancholia that momentarily develops as a corollory is enough to derive or predict the manifestation of suicidal tendencies.

Ideally, I will live long enough to see far into the future. Ideally, I will live long enough to learn new and interesting things. Ideally, I will remember everything until I die. But if I ever came to know that I shall endure many years of what constitutes unbearable pain, my brain would be yelling an old nihilistic thought: Put me out of my misery!

I'm an existential nihilist at heart ... :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 25 Dec 2017 04:23

Summerlander wrote:Don't forget: No matter how pampered we are, there is no escaping anxiety and struggle. We all grow old and die. Life is tarnished by pain and suffering ... and everything comes to an end.

I don't rule out the possibility of becoming suicidal. I don't know what's going to happen to my brain and mind in the next forty or fifty years. I'd like to think I can hack it through the hardships, but I just don't know. I can imagine a scenario where my family is killed and the acute melancholia that momentarily develops as a corollory is enough to derive or predict the manifestation of suicidal tendencies.

Ideally, I will live long enough to see far into the future. Ideally, I will live long enough to learn new and interesting things. Ideally, I will remember everything until I die. But if I ever came to know that I shall endure many years of what constitutes unbearable pain, my brain would be yelling an old nihilistic thought: Put me out of my misery!

I'm an existential nihilist at heart ... :mrgreen:

I can definitely understand what you mean. I have no idea what the future holds for me. I can only hope I'm headed for a bright future.

You should take a look at these 2 short videos,they will definitely resonate with you ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo9SCE3BbCE&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnArqpE9N0

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2017 16:35

Yep. Life sucks and then you die. I certainly resonate with that. Agent Smith's sentiment about reality is sincere and factual---even though most of us don't share his anti-anthropic sadism whereby human beings are enslaved and made to suffer in order to power machines. :geek:

In the movie, the Artificial Intelligence that runs the virtual reality of the matrix is actually pronatalist. The more humans beings that are born, the better ... for the machines, of course. To them, our noodles are only valuable in one sense: they are natural 'electric batteries'. :idea:

Me and the wifey finally watched the movie rendition of The Great Gatsby on Christmas Eve, a novel whose characters draw parallels to F. Scott Fitzgerald's life during the Jazz Age and portrays America's 'lost generation'. :shock:

The film depicts the prohibition era, the emotional effects of the Great War, and the 'loss of innocence' before youth. Fitzgerald's magnum opus also alludes to the insidious ideas in the realm of anti-Semitism, racism and pseudoscience---all in the persona of Tom Buchanan---which eventually gave rise to the fascism that plagued much of the 20th century. :|

This work of fiction captivates its audience with its display of excessive drinking, debauchery, corruption, infidelity, decadence and resistance to change. Finally, there is the shattered dream, the melancholia, contemplation of the loss of youth ... and the inevitable boredom and death that follow. Something that we can all relate to ... :(
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2017 05:15

High, well I am high, but just want to say Hi.

I don't have anything to say about organic food, and the shocking truth wasn's so shocking.

With this said, me and summerlander have dabbled in thought beyond question where we even question why is there anything or nothing. That is the bottom line of everything.

We gotta start a thread about this. I don't know if I can ever finish it, nobody can because we are in a rat race of life, only posing new questions to answer all the time.

That is and was the problem the whole time, I think. (The caveat is, I think, and thinking too much creates a self made labyrith)

I'm lost lost in the maze.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 28 Dec 2017 05:18

I rambled a bit, but we got to kill the Megaman Thread.
(or is that joke too old now?)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 28 Dec 2017 06:14

HAGART wrote:High, well I am high, but just want to say Hi.

I'm jealous. :(
Unfortunately,my life circumstances at the moment doesn't allow me to freely "toke up" (Cannabis lover here :mrgreen: ) like I was able to in the past. The best I could hope for at the moment is recreate my past glorious experiences through lucid dreaming. I'd so love to move to and live in a "drug-tolerant/decriminalized" country someday. Its a far away dream at the moment though,right now I'd have to focus on at least achieving a good livelihood where I live. If/Once I'm able to achieve that,I can then focus on accomplishing this next goal.

With this said, me and summerlander have dabbled in thought beyond question where we even question why is there anything or nothing. That is the bottom line of everything.

As a Hedonist at my core,this is my philosophy regarding that question:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheAntiNihilist :mrgreen:

We gotta start a thread about this. I don't know if I can ever finish it, nobody can because we are in a rat race of life, only posing new questions to answer all the time.

That is and was the problem the whole time, I think. (The caveat is, I think, and thinking too much creates a self made labyrith)

I'm lost lost in the maze.

Unfortunately most of the regulars have already left and thus we simply aren't going to get much discussion on opening new topics. Perhaps we should wait for this forum to sprout up again or do this somewhere else. (I'm thinking Summerlander's OBE4U is a good candidate,but it doesn't seem like there's much activity there either.)

You're right though. I may be an Optimistic Nihilist(at least when life is not throwing me too many problems)but like Summer and David Benatar,I've recently become Anti-Natalist myself. The world as we know it is too flawed,and since none of us have the power to change this reality,the most ethical thing we could do is choose not to bring new life into this planet. Either Adopt or go Childfree. (I chose the latter,being a hedonist and all :P)

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 28 Dec 2017 21:41

one mans organic steak is another mans organic baloney

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2017 03:54

I forgot I wrote here a few days ago. :oops:
That's the problem with forums. I don't feel like I can be myself because everything you write is for the world to see and you are on stage here. I feel self conscious.

Self conscious is also metacognition however. Not a bad thing.

It's funny to troll this thread into something deeper. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=307&v=Kbbxwer_Pc8
(Bill Hicks ranting the stuff I want to say to the world)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 29 Dec 2017 04:04

24/7/365 wrote:one mans organic steak is another mans organic baloney

Head explodes.

/music plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
(MACINTOSH PLUS)

Return to “Off-Topic”