Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Dream_Hacker

Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby Dream_Hacker » 12 Mar 2018 13:42

Looking for other people who are aware that there dreams aren't just the brains reflection of itself and honestly believe that we travel to other realms and can communicate with other entities or each other within our dreams.
I believe people are so ready to believe that the dream realm is just a product of out physical brain because they believe that all of their thoughts and their "self" is located in their brain and when you're in the dream realm you aren't seeing with your physical eyes despite it appearing as that was but instead are viewing with your mind. And what your viewing has more of a mirror effect than in the physical and so you will see your thoughts reflected back towards you which is where the confusion comes in and what makes it so easy to believe you are just in your own brain...
Anyways, just simply looking for others who believe they travel other realms in their Lucid dreams because there are lots of things I want to talk about but it gets really difficult to talk to people who can only believe dreams are in their brains and want you to provide physical proof of nonphysical experiences in order to believe otherwise.

Summerlander

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby Summerlander » 12 Mar 2018 14:33

Stuff and nonsense. Hooey. Poppycock. Bollocks. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 12 Mar 2018 16:04

Dream_Hacker wrote:Looking for other people who are aware that there dreams aren't just the brains reflection of itself and honestly believe that we travel to other realms and can communicate with other entities or each other within our dreams.
I believe people are so ready to believe that the dream realm is just a product of out physical brain because they believe that all of their thoughts and their "self" is located in their brain and when you're in the dream realm you aren't seeing with your physical eyes despite it appearing as that was but instead are viewing with your mind. And what your viewing has more of a mirror effect than in the physical and so you will see your thoughts reflected back towards you which is where the confusion comes in and what makes it so easy to believe you are just in your own brain...
Anyways, just simply looking for others who believe they travel other realms in their Lucid dreams because there are lots of things I want to talk about but it gets really difficult to talk to people who can only believe dreams are in their brains and want you to provide physical proof of nonphysical experiences in order to believe otherwise.

Hello DreamHacker, :)
I know your looking for people who write their experiences down with an open mind, despite not having proof but i just wanted to say at times people begin to wonder how it happens. However, it is nice to just focus on your experiences and not have to worry about how it occurs. I get that,i do it too at times, which is why i think it was a good idea to make this thread and thus being the purpose. I see Summerlander is pushing his views on this thread unaware of that fine line of respect despite his freedom to post though. So as helpful advice i think it best for you to ignore any comments like that and just continue on with the thread.

I just found out there is a friend or foes list. So if you dont want to see a post from a member, you just add them to your foe list. I'm not one to block people posts since i like to see the whole picture of what is occuring but I'm only mentioning it if you find it necessary.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

Dream_Hacker

Postby Dream_Hacker » 12 Mar 2018 16:49

DawnXEye11 wrote:I just found out there is a friend or foes list. So if you dont want to see a post from a member, you just add them to your foe list. I'm not one to block people posts since i like to see the whole picture of what is occuring but I'm only mentioning it if you find it necessary.

I have no problem with naysayers naysaying as I also do prefer to see the whole picture. Also I'm very comfortable with my ideas being met with opposition as a lot of my views and ideas oppose the mainstream scientific communities observations and declarations of existence. It's easy to believe what you've been taught and what everyone else believes. It's difficult to oppose that to find your own belief while still maintaining the possibility that your observations could be wrong. Its not something everyone is willing and capable of doing.
I'm just looking for those who do have a more open mind regarding dreams so I may have more productive conversations about them and develop deeper ideas and concepts without all the naysaying.
Also I do require proof for my beliefs, however my proof is in my experience and that's not a tangible thing I can share with any other. You can have a dream of a red car last night but there will never be any way to conclusively prove that to any other person you interact with in an awakened state so the whole concept of dreaming is a proofless endeavor.

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 12 Mar 2018 17:36

Dp
Last edited by DawnXEye11 on 12 Mar 2018 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 12 Mar 2018 17:36

Dream_Hacker wrote:
DawnXEye11 wrote:I just found out there is a friend or foes list. So if you dont want to see a post from a member, you just add them to your foe list. I'm not one to block people posts since i like to see the whole picture of what is occuring but I'm only mentioning it if you find it necessary.

I have no problem with naysayers naysaying as I also do prefer to see the whole picture. Also I'm very comfortable with my ideas being met with opposition as a lot of my views and ideas oppose the mainstream scientific communities observations and declarations of existence. It's easy to believe what you've been taught and what everyone else believes. It's difficult to oppose that to find your own belief while still maintaining the possibility that your observations could be wrong. Its not something everyone is willing and capable of doing.
I'm just looking for those who do have a more open mind regarding dreams so I may have more productive conversations about them and develop deeper ideas and concepts without all the naysaying.
Also I do require proof for my beliefs, however my proof is in my experience and that's not a tangible thing I can share with any other. You can have a dream of a red car last night but there will never be any way to conclusively prove that to any other person you interact with in an awakened state so the whole concept of dreaming is a proofless endeavor.

True. It seems we have a similar view about it than. Its good that your okay with opposing views too.Your last statement reminds me of a technology that japan is making to determine what people are dreaming about. I don't know how much they've advanced so far or how it works but it would be cool if they actually succeeded.

However, you can have some proof of the red car being in your dream. We have red cars in waking life so its possible to dream about them. But even if red cars didnt exist and you dreamt about it, it wouldn't be impossible. Itd be beyond the understanding of most current human knowledge but it'd be a start.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 12 Mar 2018 22:13

Dream_Hacker wrote:Looking for other people who are aware that there dreams aren't just the brains reflection of itself and honestly believe that we travel to other realms and can communicate with other entities or each other within our dreams.

I know about the eyes and ears thing, I don't use my real eyes or ears in a lucid dream. If you didn't know, I use breathing as a reality check to know I successfully entered a WILD, since I don't breathe in my dream body.
As far as "dream meshing" is concerned, I've had experiences with that in the past, although it gets very crazy the ways I ended up having experiences with that. One time my friend and I got in trouble with our parents just for attempting dream meshing in a lucid dream, and seeing a midnight showing of a movie at cinemark in our lucid dreams.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Mar 2018 23:17

The title of this thread seems to me to be an affirmation---or better yet, a claim---and not a belief; and let's remind ourselves that there is no room for 'opinion' where facts are concerned. One can have, however, an informed opinion.

Since the original poster is making a claim, I'd like to see what evidence he thinks he has that might sway me. Until then, I see no reason to believe that dreams are not the product of brains.

It is true that we have an epistemological mind-matter problem, but this is one puzzle amongst the many questions we have as we are yet to learn a lot about reality. So we must be careful about making claims on a whim without empirical verification to support them.

From my experience, it seems to me that severe brain alteration or damage can extinguish consciousness or warp/disable specific mental faculties. So the claim that dreaming happens elsewhere sounds absurd to me. I'm sorry.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 13 Mar 2018 02:03

The title is "Dreams Aren't Just Happening In Your Brain". After seeing how the OP views things I don't think they meant it isn't happening because of our minds but that our minds are capable of doing more than just dreaming.^^ At least that's what I think. But thanks for explaining why you said what you did before. If I misunderstood the OP somehow, sorry about that.

I agree that we do have to be careful about making claims at a whim though. Also, the part of how physical changes can impair a person.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 13 Mar 2018 02:51

Would you really want to use bilocation anyway? I could think of a huge number of consequences this could lead to, the biggest one is your body would most likely develop cancer. The reason why we cannot regrow limbs is the high risk of developing cancer, so duplicating yourself would greatly increase that risk to you and the clone even higher than that.
I can think of many consequences of using specific superpowers in real life, because I ended up with a super ability in real life, it being super hearing. My super ability ended up being a super handicap, as I take damage from loud sounds, and the unfortunate thing for me is because loud high pitched sounds are almost everywhere in Utah (there are parents almost everywhere you go in Utah, including in places you wouldn't expect them to be, such as R rated movies, universities/colleges, and professional jobs. 90% of the time, their toddler/baby will be screaming), it makes life extremely hard.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Off-Topic”