Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Dreamwalker.ir

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby Dreamwalker.ir » 13 Jul 2018 19:27

yeah i believe you.
i feel that its not just about brain and im pretty sure about that.
if we disagree with this then it mean astral projects are hallucination and its impossibble cause in astral projects you see things that you have not seen already and they are completely real and right when you check them

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 Jul 2018 04:00

If you are 100% it isn’t happening in your brain, why not buy a camera and film yourself in the area you claim to be in? If what you say you experience is real, we should be able to see evidence of bilocation of some kind on that camera.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

iby1337

Postby iby1337 » 25 Jul 2018 23:46

lucidé wrote:If you are 100% it isn’t happening in your brain, why not buy a camera and film yourself in the area you claim to be in? If what you say you experience is real, we should be able to see evidence of bilocation of some kind on that camera.

What about your emotions there real you feel them but can they be recorded?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 26 Jul 2018 23:08

If wires are hooked to your brain in a science lab, quite often through studying your nervous system, science can predict what feelings you have and what emotions you will end up having pretty fast.
If it weren’t for them being able to study emotions and the brain, they wouldn’t have the correct medications for bipolar and schizophrenic patients today. People would still believe these disabled people were possessed by demons and they would still be wrongly executed for actions they themselves weren’t able to help.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

iby1337

Postby iby1337 » 27 Jul 2018 19:52

Yes you have a point but im just trying to say there are things we cant see physically that exist.I personally doubt that science is advance enough to study things like whether the soul exists or not. Because I personally believe it does.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 Jul 2018 04:59

Have you ever heard of or studied the effects of the drug DMT? When some people are close to death or have overdosed on sleep pills, the effects can be similar as that drug.

Even if I do have my doubts, I can always wish for things that can never be. Such as living in a lucid dream or having the immortality as a superhuman not a ghost that would enable me to travel to other universes, have infinite knowledge, and through time at will.

iby1337

Postby iby1337 » 28 Jul 2018 13:49

My uncle died overdosing sleeping pills so I would highly suggest you don't over dose sleeping pills and yeah ive heard of it though cant get it here in uk apparently ayahuasca does the same thing.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Jul 2018 23:50

iby1337 wrote:
lucidé wrote:If you are 100% it isn’t happening in your brain, why not buy a camera and film yourself in the area you claim to be in? If what you say you experience is real, we should be able to see evidence of bilocation of some kind on that camera.

What about your emotions there real you feel them but can they be recorded?

Emotions are recorded in neuroscientific labs. They can also be experienced firsthand subjectively. What's the problem here? :mrgreen:

Moreover, certain emotions can be wiped out via brain damage or malfunction along with every other mental faculty such as memory, the ability to discern objects and people, and even consciousness. Just that alone reinforces the materialistic argument that there is no afterlife.

No 'ectoplasm' has ever been discovered. In fact, nothing that can be measured in the world constitutes a soul. The LHC finds evidence for a Higgs Field that gives particles their mass and yet, no traces of a hypothetical soul that supposedly controls a human body on a gross level. This should be the nail in the coffin for everyone regarding the existence of souls.

If you say that souls can't be detected by science because they are immaterial or non-physical, then tell me: How do they interact with the physical when they purportedly control human bodies?

Dark matter cannot be seen but we know it's there by the way it affects baryonic matter and serves as the 'glue' that keeps galaxies intact. Something is there and the scientific community refers to it as 'dark matter'. Nobody denies its existence.

Souls, however, are not required. Our bodies are living organisms that receive sensory information about the world, which inevitably includes their own existence. Something leaves the body alright: sweat and urine evaporates from its orifices. Nothing else if we are to be epistemically honest. 8-)

You are suffering with what afflicts most of us: the user-illusion delusion. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 29 Jul 2018 21:11

iby1337 wrote:My uncle died overdosing sleeping pills so I would highly suggest you don't over dose sleeping pills and yeah ive heard of it though cant get it here in uk apparently ayahuasca does the same thing.

That’s where you are wrong

My psychiatrist back when I was a teenager didn’t know what the correct dosage to give me was on them, so she ended up giving me triple the normal amount on them. It didn’t kill me. I did have very similar drug trips to DMT users while lucid dreaming, and it ended up affecting my dream control greatly during those drug trips. However I am well aware since my immune system was damaged because of what happened with this, I do have a shortened lifespan. I am not disappointed in the least with this. Those drug trip lucid dreams helped so much with a good amount of the PTSD I suffered as a teenager, and if it were legal, I would almost recommend using it for therapy on depressed teenagers (not a pill overdose. But like if someone takes DMT or is about to have a NDE, zapping the part of the brain that lets them know they are in a dream. If it ends up being a lucid dream, it changes the experience completely.)

iby1337

Postby iby1337 » 01 Aug 2018 19:14

lucidé wrote:
iby1337 wrote:My uncle died overdosing sleeping pills so I would highly suggest you don't over dose sleeping pills and yeah ive heard of it though cant get it here in uk apparently ayahuasca does the same thing.

That’s where you are wrong

My psychiatrist back when I was a teenager didn’t know what the correct dosage to give me was on them, so she ended up giving me triple the normal amount on them. It didn’t kill me. I did have very similar drug trips to DMT users while lucid dreaming, and it ended up affecting my dream control greatly during those drug trips. However I am well aware since my immune system was damaged because of what happened with this, I do have a shortened lifespan. I am not disappointed in the least with this. Those drug trip lucid dreams helped so much with a good amount of the PTSD I suffered as a teenager, and if it were legal, I would almost recommend using it for therapy on depressed teenagers (not a pill overdose. But like if someone takes DMT or is about to have a NDE, zapping the part of the brain that lets them know they are in a dream. If it ends up being a lucid dream, it changes the experience completely.)

Yes maybe he was on different sleeping pills to you and I don't know all of the details about his overdose but it was due to overdosing sleeping pills and damage to immune system is not something people should risk to get a dmt like trip IMO why not try ayahuasca or mescaline or even dxm for similar effects without the risks of permanent bodily damage or death .

Return to “Off-Topic”