Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
iby1337
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 20:36

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby iby1337 » 01 Aug 2018 19:17

Summerlander wrote:
iby1337 wrote:
lucidé wrote:If you are 100% it isn’t happening in your brain, why not buy a camera and film yourself in the area you claim to be in? If what you say you experience is real, we should be able to see evidence of bilocation of some kind on that camera.

What about your emotions there real you feel them but can they be recorded?


Emotions are recorded in neuroscientific labs. They can also be experienced firsthand subjectively. What's the problem here? :mrgreen:

Moreover, certain emotions can be wiped out via brain damage or malfunction along with every other mental faculty such as memory, the ability to discern objects and people, and even consciousness. Just that alone reinforces the materialistic argument that there is no afterlife.

No 'ectoplasm' has ever been discovered. In fact, nothing that can be measured in the world constitutes a soul. The LHC finds evidence for a Higgs Field that gives particles their mass and yet, no traces of a hypothetical soul that supposedly controls a human body on a gross level. This should be the nail in the coffin for everyone regarding the existence of souls.

If you say that souls can't be detected by science because they are immaterial or non-physical, then tell me: How do they interact with the physical when they purportedly control human bodies?

Dark matter cannot be seen but we know it's there by the way it affects baryonic matter and serves as the 'glue' that keeps galaxies intact. Something is there and the scientific community refers to it as 'dark matter'. Nobody denies its existence.

Souls, however, are not required. Our bodies are living organisms that receive sensory information about the world, which inevitably includes their own existence. Something leaves the body alright: sweat and urine evaporates from its orifices. Nothing else if we are to be epistemically honest. 8-)

You are suffering with what afflicts most of us: the user-illusion delusion. :)

Science is still discovering new things day by day why does a natural death occur when the body is still capable of life?

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4198
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby Summerlander » 02 Aug 2018 04:47

I agree with you there---science continues to make discoveries and that's fascinating. But my point is that, so far, it has not found one shred of evidence for consciousness surviving physical death. So why jump the gun, pal? :mrgreen:

And to answer your question, living bodies decay and are capable of sustaining life-threatening injuries. If something disrupts the human body's function in a destructive manner, life ceases to be---the carcass is nothing but an inanimate object, in the world, where consciousness no longer resides.

Death is the opposite of life. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé
Posts: 578
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby lucidé » 03 Aug 2018 03:39

iby1337 wrote:
Yes maybe he was on different sleeping pills to you and I don't know all of the details about his overdose but it was due to overdosing sleeping pills and damage to immune system is not something people should risk to get a dmt like trip IMO why not try ayahuasca or mescaline or even dxm for similar effects without the risks of permanent bodily damage or death .

That wasn’t really my fault. I ended up with PTSD after what happened in middle school, so I ended up really needing sleep pills to even sleep at night (because I use WILDs to sleep at night. Sometimes when I would start having the vibrations, an image of a bully would appear to punch me in the face, and I jerked awake). At first, these sleep pills really helped, as I could induce a WILD in just 5-10 minutes. Then I started having those DMT trips from the high doses. It was the psychiatrist who didn’t know the dose she was ordering me to take was too much.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

iby1337
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 20:36

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby iby1337 » 03 Aug 2018 11:09

lucidé wrote:
iby1337 wrote:
Yes maybe he was on different sleeping pills to you and I don't know all of the details about his overdose but it was due to overdosing sleeping pills and damage to immune system is not something people should risk to get a dmt like trip IMO why not try ayahuasca or mescaline or even dxm for similar effects without the risks of permanent bodily damage or death .

That wasn’t really my fault. I ended up with PTSD after what happened in middle school, so I ended up really needing sleep pills to even sleep at night (because I use WILDs to sleep at night. Sometimes when I would start having the vibrations, an image of a bully would appear to punch me in the face, and I jerked awake). At first, these sleep pills really helped, as I could induce a WILD in just 5-10 minutes. Then I started having those DMT trips from the high doses. It was the psychiatrist who didn’t know the dose she was ordering me to take was too much.

Sucks that you had a bully, and yeah I can see what your saying looks like you made good of a bad situation and learnt in the process.

lucidé
Posts: 578
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby lucidé » 03 Aug 2018 23:28

I always have bullies and that will never change. Even just got asked to leave a Pokémon group because they hated my information. That makes 14 websites now I got kicked from.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

iby1337
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 20:36

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby iby1337 » 03 Aug 2018 23:40

lucidé wrote:I always have bullies and that will never change. Even just got asked to leave a Pokémon group because they hated my information. That makes 14 websites now I got kicked from.

You won't always have bullies some times life's problems seem like they will last forever but they go away and life caries on.

lucidé
Posts: 578
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby lucidé » 04 Aug 2018 03:07

I always seem to find someone who hates me and is out to get me. One psychiatrist tried to kill me.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

iby1337
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 20:36

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby iby1337 » 04 Aug 2018 11:59

lucidé wrote:I always seem to find someone who hates me and is out to get me. One psychiatrist tried to kill me.

Well that must mean your unique and so what if someones hates on you now and again just keep going and just because one tried to kill you dose not mean that its your fault.

lucidé
Posts: 578
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby lucidé » 04 Aug 2018 22:07

Okay maybe I did step a bit out of line a week or 2 ago with a comment that I made. I caught a homosexual couple having sex in public, and called it out as unnecessary for them to do that. I said they should just get a room and do their act in there. Wow did I get a mouthful from a bunch of LGBT supporters for saying what they did was unnecessary. Since one of the supporters was a mod of Pokémon website, bye bye being a user on that website.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4198
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Dreams aren't just happening in your brain

Postby Summerlander » 15 Aug 2018 18:11

I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me how dreams are not generated by the brain. Where does one base their argument here other than the fact that they would prefer it to be so? From where I'm standing, reality isn't there to please us or torment us. It just is, willy-nilly.

Considering that one can extirpate consciousness through brain manipulation---apart from cerebral damage or malfunction---I'm bound to strongly suspect that all experience (dreams and hallucinations included) starts with a functional noodle inside our skulls. All that remains is to understand the physical mechanism behind the phenomenon of awareness in the universe.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests