LIF IS REAL ONLY WHEN I AM

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
erichsa

LIF IS REAL ONLY WHEN I AM

Postby erichsa » 04 Aug 2018 16:19

To start I will keep it short.
!958 I got a book from the library. The Fourth Way by P.D. Ouspensky. A pupil of G.I.Gurdjieff. It showed me that I am sleepwalking in my physical life, and how difficult it is to wake up. ( To remember one self or to be aware ) Over the years through seminars I got my present understanding which brings me to the Topic.
Life is Real only Then When I am. In my so called waking state I am limited what I can do, but once my body is asleep and not moving I am free to do what my imagination can think off. I found in some of my dreams that I am wide awake, A feeling of "I AM"
I would not like to miss my dreaming as i can and do have a fun life. Is dreaming our real life? :)

Summerlander

Re: LIF IS REAL ONLY WHEN I AM

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2018 17:37

A dream is a solipsist's dream come true. :idea:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 04 Aug 2018 22:21

That is true.
Why being a multimedia designer for a career is more satisfying than sitting at a desk all day. While it doesn’t pay as much, you can escape anytime you want.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 05 Aug 2018 14:59

Postby Summerlander » 04 Aug 2018 17:37

A dream is a solipsist's dream come true. :idea:

As I see myself as a part of the whole, I do not understand your reply. Please explain. :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Aug 2018 22:34

You are part of the whole. You are not the whole. The whole clearly includes me too apart from everybody else and the rest of the universe. Therefore, you, like me and everything else with a self-identity, can stand apart from other things.

Despite the fact that we are all made of the same energy, distinctions still apply because things can inhabit different regions of space-time.

I occupy a different locus in space. You also cannot control me in the way that you control your body. I look different due to the way my molecules are arranged into intricate DNA strands. My mind and perspective differ from yours. I am still my own organism with my own survival instinct. You won't always assent to my choices and opinions. The things that we both know and don't know can also differ.

Although everything is relative, there is still a sense in which we are apart. If you die and cease to experience anything, I can still witness the continuous existence of the cosmos at your funeral. So right there, the assertion 'Life is real only when I am' is false. We could be part of the same house, but if I'm the front door and you're the top window, we are not the same.

Having said this, what do I mean when I state, 'A dream is a solipsist's dream come true'? :mrgreen:

Why is a dream a 'dream come true' for the solipsist? Because it is the only time when the solipsist's world view becomes a reality---and it is the only time when he can be sure that his immediate environment is completely in his mind especially when he's lucid.

Pay particular attention to my italicised words and you will see where my argument comes from. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 13 Aug 2018 15:06

Life Is Real Only Then When I Am

Thanks Summerlander

yes I am only part of the whole and not the whole. G. I. Gurdjieff made me realize how much I sleepwalking through my life, and that it is hard work to remember your self. I enjoy my dream life, mainly because the fantastic freedom of action I am having in my dreams. :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Aug 2018 18:19

What I would like to emphasise in particular is the fact that the universe was around for aeons before the formation of our planet. The universe was around even before life was possible. The universe was here before the first hydrogen atoms and the other lighter elements formed. Before the existence of galaxies the cosmos was a hot, radioactive plasma brewing a future state conducive to life. In other words, something existed before it could be observed by sentient beings.

- Padmasambhava

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 16 Aug 2018 13:54

Summerlander » 15 Aug 2018 18:19
What I would like to emphasise in particular is the fact that the universe was around for aeons before the formation of our planet. The universe was around even before life was possible. The universe was here before the first hydrogen atoms and the other lighter elements formed. Before the existence of galaxies the cosmos was a hot, radioactive plasma brewing a future state conducive to life. In other words, something existed before it could be observed by sentient beings.

Yes I agree I was just stating how much I enjoy my dream life, especially at my age. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”