Machine Learning Language

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
dannygreen

Machine Learning Language

Postby dannygreen » 24 Sep 2018 00:19

Can someone explain about the Artificial Intelligent & Machine Learning Language for general people?

torakrubik

Re: Machine Learning Language

Postby torakrubik » 24 Sep 2018 23:02

Hi,

I believe artificial intelligence is an umbrella term encompassing a number of innovative concepts including machine learning. I use machine learning techniques as part of my job, and hopefully can explain this a little more. Effectively, machine learning is where a machine (i.e. computer) uses a particular algorithm on some data to produce a desired model. The "learning" part just means that given new data, the model re-trains itself to better predict or classify a particular outcome. For example, I am looking at these applications within credit risk, so I am using techniques to better predict whether an account will default on a product over time and therefore lose the company money. The idea is that machine learning algorithms will better analyse the data to predict risk more accurately. This is an example of supervised learning...

...there are two main types of machine learning: supervised and unsupervised. Supervised learning is where the machine attempts to predict a particular outcome when you feed it brand new data that it has never seen before, just like in my previous example. Another example would be showing a machine a picture of an animal and it has to guess what animal it is from a list.

Unsupervised learning is where known data is fed into the machine, and it tries to identify new structure within the data to provide insights that were previously hidden. A common example of this is clustering analysis, which can be used on sales data in order to identify suitable products to recommend to consumers based on their spending habits.

Depending on the technique, often machines are 'trained' which is where the 'learning' aspect comes in. The machine is not 'learning' in the sense that it is intelligently considering input. Rather, it is simply responding to new data in a clever way by refreshing its parameters throughout the algorithm and adapting its predictions and outcomes. The 'learning' is more of a buzzword than anything - we aren't about to be taken over by robots just yet!

In terms of exact techniques, I am personally working with Random Forests, Neural Networks and Stochastic Gradient Boosting. I am happy to explain these further if you are interested, and there are some great videos on youtube explaining the maths and exact details behind these. I hope this was helpful and please let me know if you have any questions!

torakrubik
Dreaming is my drug

dannygreen

Re: Machine Learning Language

Postby dannygreen » 25 Sep 2018 00:04

Thank you so much for your valuable information. I think it gives me a basic idea about this.

Return to “Off-Topic”