Have trouble connecting to waking life

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
bob_syr

Have trouble connecting to waking life

Postby bob_syr » 07 Mar 2018 21:35

Many times I know I'm dreaming, but still don't connect with memories of waking life. For example, I often remind myself: don't forget to remember this when I wake up and post it in the journal.

Geography in dreams. Most of my dreams happen in a specific place on the map, whether it's places I've lived, or even places I've never been to. I'm worried that this inhibits my dreams in some way. In dreams I'm usually in motion, riding, flying, on a boat etc. In waking life I also like to keep moving.

Anyway, even though I don't connect very often, I'd really like it if I did.

Bob Syr

LDer Charles

Re: Have trouble connecting to waking life

Postby LDer Charles » 11 Apr 2018 17:32

Thanks Bob Syr! When I get lucid within a dream I usually don't even think of anything from waking life. Except now I think of stability techniques more often. But its not every dream that I think of a dream goal or dream task. I am usually very immersed in the dream environment. But then I wake up and realize I could have done something different. The dream state and the waking state are way different states of consciousness though so I guess thoughts don't always transfer from one to the other.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”