Dream that keeps Restarting

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
goldenrose

Dream that keeps Restarting

Postby goldenrose » 27 Apr 2018 17:20

My dream last night:
///
I am driving home, my mother is in the passenger seat. I am lost because the town does not look like my town, but my mom knows the way, so she gives me directions. This leads me into a very rural, backwoods area with broken-down roads and run-down homes dotted along it. It was like any country area; as I drive, I see doors open and people peek out at me.

I make it to my apartment complex which looks completely different and have to go up a ton of stairs that deteriorate as they ascend. I do make it to the apartment (I don't even live in an apartment, but a townhouse), but then...suddenly the dream starts back to the beginning, and I have to do it all over again.

It restart numerous times until I eventually restart alone (my mother disappeared). I know the way by now, so I go to the complex. I try to get to my apartment but end up in someone's house. I hide there for a while and wake up.
///

I'm unsure why the dream kept restarting, but this isn't completely abnormal, as it has happened before.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

LosFreakos

Re: Dream that keeps Restarting

Postby LosFreakos » 28 Apr 2018 12:44

Thank you for sharing your dream.

This seems like some sort of multiple false awakening, but instead of waking up you start inside the car. Maybe the restarting is not really a restart, it could potentially be some sort of routine, doing the same thing day after day. That would mean you don't move back in time, you just skip the rest of the day and start over with alternated events.

Do you remember exactly how many times it restarted? And also, are you sure all of this happened in one single dream? It might in fact be that you had several dreams in one night that were trying to be the same. That would explain the changes that happened throughout the time. Your brain maybe tried the recreate everything but got some things wrong, so it just improvised, I guess.
Are you sure you're not dreaming right now? :P

goldenrose

Re: Dream that keeps Restarting

Postby goldenrose » 29 Apr 2018 04:54

LosFreakos wrote:. Maybe the restarting is not really a restart, it could potentially be some sort of routine, doing the same thing day after day.

Yes, I was thinking along these lines. I often become frustrated doing the same thing all the time so it makes perfect sense. :P
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”