Dream Characters Philosophy

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
jimmyjames

Dream Characters Philosophy

Postby jimmyjames » 15 May 2015 05:02

I really like the idea of talking to your own subconscious through characters or through just a "booming voice coming from the sky", but I just have a nagging feeling that it isn't the subconscious voice, just what you expect to be said. Just like how you can expect a door to be behind you, and then when you turn around, it's there.
But then there's the fact that they don't always say what you expect. I tried to speak to my subconscious through a weird soft toy thing, and it didn't work, then I shouted, and it spoke back, and it was angry at me. I even tried to make it say something when I asked a question (I can't remember the specifics) but it said something different.
I'm just battling with whether it's just like "dreaming" that you're talking to your subconscious, or if you actually are. Can anyone relate?

taniaaust1

Re: Dream Characters Philosophy

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 May 2015 10:58

Anything you experience in a LD is a combination of your waking thoughts and your subconsciousness that includes when you ask to speak to your subconsciousness. What's in your waking thoughts may impact how it acts and responds.

EVERYTHING in a dream which isn't being caused your waking thoughts, is coming from your subconsciousness so one could say anything not caused by your normal waking consciousness thoughts, is your subconciousness expressing itself or speaking.

For this reason I myself like to analyses the whole dream... not just what a representation of the subconciousness has said...which in itself often can be expressing symbolism so not to be taken literally.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”