Creating a DC Lover

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
RealityCheck

Creating a DC Lover

Postby RealityCheck » 14 Sep 2015 14:36

So I haven't even been trying to LD for a few months now although I still have them at random times. Since a while ago I wondered if I could create a 'dream lover' that could follow a story I had in mind. I did manage to 'recognize' my DC in only a few dreams and could never see his face, but last night, although it wasn't a LD I had a full dream with him.

I managed to morph the blurred character into my imaginary figure (tall, dark hair, etc.) and for the first time heard his voice, felt his hands, and had a very short conversation. I asked him, "how do you know me?" and I remember being surprised when he replied "cause we've met before" in this somewhat playful, arrogant manner. My dream went swirly and blurred so I can't remember what happened, but when I woke up, I was just so excited and tingling with butterflies.

The entire dream story line was also very similar to the one I had in mine for a long time. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share with you guys :)
How to wake yourself up

Goodwill

Re: Creating a DC Lover

Postby Goodwill » 20 Sep 2015 04:20

Cool.

I heard LD sex was cool and when I made the connection the other night I was like I'll go find a girl. I had a hot chick roll her eyes at me and I said "this is my dream seriously?" But I end up meeting an interested girl but not the one night stand type. I had never before tried to meet dream characters so this was all new to me. I remember thinking "this dream isn't going to last long enough to develope a relationship" I got her a beer and the bar tender had my bosses face but didn't recognize me. Then I reverted back to a confusing non lucid dream that stopped making sense. Now my next experiment is to see if I can have reoccurring dream characters.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Pareidolia

Postby Pareidolia » 20 Sep 2015 04:35

Lucid dreams are rather peculiar, no?

In all honesty and only all rudeness aside, I feel happy and sorry for you at the same time. Though, it's swell you find comfort in sleep and dreams I'd feel sorry for you if you didn't have this in real life. I don't know if you do or not. I mean no offense, but just because we sleep for over 60% of our lifetime, that doesn't mean the 40% time you spend awake has to be any less memorable. You can make it happen.

Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you.
Death to be a dignity, execution's lost philosophy. All my atrocities
come by way of reciprocity. And reason is treason.

Lonely Tear

here is an intresting thing

Postby Lonely Tear » 21 Sep 2015 00:54

sex is quite possible in dreams and can sometimes be made even better then one you can experience in real life. however its not just as simple as claping your hands and doing it.

there are 2 important things to consider.

one, is this is a dream world we are talking about and our Sub-C. rules it all.
and two, your goal cant, i repeat, CANT be doing it, just for sake of doing it.

to explain the second one- if you wanted to dream about having sex, just to have those few cheep moments of pleasure... its not going to be that easy, and to continue from the first one, your mind is in control in this world, for something like love (and eventualy sex) to happened, you really need to experience intense emotion and love in that dream.

ill give you an example of what i mean (from my experience), dont take it the wrong way, as im not really ashamed of any of this.
I have known 2 special characters in my dream for along time, i consider them good friends, even tho they are part of a dream. me and them have been trough a lot, i learned a lot about them,i have learned a lot from them, i have come to respect them over the time, just as you would get to know and love any other person, coz of this, my mind takes them as seriously, as if it was any other normal person and during a dream i can fall in love with them.

now if my goal was purely to have sex and nothing else, the Sub-C would reject the thought 99% of the time, i done some reserch and i found out that coz of Sub-c the character has to be someone special, something that you can link with or you can trust. creating character just for purpose of sex is something that your sub-c dosnt like and most of the time will result in that cheep minute of pleasure turning into something horrible. a nightmare perhaps.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Goodwill

Postby Goodwill » 21 Sep 2015 03:30

Interesting. I never have even true to have reoccurring dream characters. I just always went solo in ream land. But after my last LD I am interested in having an in depth discussion with one.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 24 Sep 2015 15:59

@Pareidolia

Ah I totally understand what you mean, but as a teenager, this 'DC Lover' thing is totally outside my real relationship life, and it was just an experiment I wanted to do. As a writer, my wish was to play out the book I had written in my dream where I can be the main character and actually experience what it's like :) I'm not that dumb to actually fall in love with an imaginary, which indeed like you said, would be depressing haha. I'd feel sorry for anyone who'd do that too ^^

@Lonely Tear

I'm not at all interested in having sex in a dream nor real life. I've heard lots of stories of LD sex, and while it sounds cool and shocking at the same time, I don't want to go down that road :) Lonely Tear, I found your research very interesting. Never knew that before.

@Goodwill

Also very interesting story :D Have fun with Dream Characters. They're not what you expect sometimes^^
How to wake yourself up

taniaaust1

Re: here is an intresting thing

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 12:07

Lonely Tear wrote: I have done some reserch and i found out that coz of Sub-c the character has to be someone special, something that you can link with or you can trust. creating character just for purpose of sex is something that your sub-c dosnt like and most of the time will result in that cheep minute of pleasure turning into something horrible. a nightmare perhaps.

It really depends on the individual. Some people have no issue with going out and having sex in real life with anyone and have no issue at all with one night stands, so their subconsciousness wouldn't react in negative ways to doing that and probably would be quite happy to go along with them doing it with every DC they come across (if they can handle the excitement so it don't wake them up).

In my case cause I don't do things like that in real life, my subconsciousness is always trying to twart me if I'm trying to just have sex with a stranger in a dream eg my DCs will often reject my sexual advances, I have to bring someone I know eg say an exboyfriend .. for easy LD sex.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

koloryczerni

Postby koloryczerni » 23 Oct 2015 17:59

Hi,
Sorry for refreshing a relatively old topic.
Just a couple of questions since essentially I've been trying to create a LD lover as well.
Following your advice I'm trying to be more emotionally engaged in this as in respect him as a person and give him personality characteristics as oppose to just creating a dream body to have sex with. I've already sort-of met him a few times in my lucid dreams but I never actually saw him and only had an idea of him being there. My questions are:
1) If I don't know anybody like this in the real life how can I help myself to see the guy's face etc.? Would it help if I drew him while awake or something?
2) If I ever succeed at seeing him is there a good way to make him a returning character in my lucid dreams? I've already had several of them but I rarely meet anyone. Usually I'm alone or wandering in the crowd of strangers who don't interact with me and only interact with animals e.g. horses

Thanks!

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 24 Oct 2015 12:34

Hey koloryczerni

If you have a general idea of what you wish your LD character to look like, for example the color of hair, hairstyle, clothes, skin color, then when you see him and you know it's him he should have those general characteristics like mine did even in non lucid dreams. You can choose to find out what he really looks like in detail in your dream or you can spend some time figuring out the details. Drawing may help, but I haven't tried it since I'm a loser when it comes to portrait drawings :)

Or you can search faces online of your choice and that could help.

If I ever succeed at seeing him is there a good way to make him a returning character in my lucid dreams?

If you're lucid dreaming you always have the control to 'summon' him, but sometimes you may end up with another person that you weren't expecting. You can do so in a LD by imagining him being behind you before you turn around, or walking around the corner and telling yourself he'll be there, and there are several other ways which is really up to you. I wasn't very successful with this yet in a LD. Kept ending up with a stranger instead of my DC, but I've met him several times in non lucid dreams and have had conversations with him as well as scenarios where he appeared out of no where and actually saved me from getting killed by a murderer who tried to bash my head with a brick. I wasn't even expecting him and he appeared so it was very interesting :)

Good luck, and tell me how your progress is going.
How to wake yourself up

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 25 Oct 2015 09:36

koloryczerni -

to answer your first question (from personal experience)
dream characters tend to shape themselfs over time, what i mean is you can sometimes start with blank figure that starts to get more detals over time, but keeps one main feature for you to know thats the DC of its own, and sometimes they are already full of detals.
This shouldnt be problem to you, Drawing or imagining it over the day may help your mind come up with idea DC but in all honesty, as your goal is creating a Lover, your mind will find a right way to do it, all you need to do is try, and wait.
to answer your second question.
yes you can get to the point where you will be connected to this DC so well, you will see him and as he only shows up in a dream, you will know you are dreaming and use it as reality chek. for example, few of my dream characters have left a big impact on me over the time, and im expecting to see them offen to continue our adventures, even so thise characters have left few "items" that i can come across in a dream as an alternative, to help me realise im dreaming and find my way back to them.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “Dream Characters”