Creating a DC Lover

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
koloryczerni

Re: Creating a DC Lover

Postby koloryczerni » 25 Oct 2015 14:18

Thank you both for replies!
I'm comforted now cause I was wondering if the character does get clearer or will I always see only the general idea/shadow, if I haven't seen his face in the real life.
I've only had around 5 lucid dreams so far and my dream recall also needs to be improved so I hope soon I will be able to post updates on more successful dreams :)

seanEE

Re: why is my sub C brain stupid.

Postby seanEE » 25 Oct 2015 18:43

Would a lucid dream not be the ideal place to reprogram your ''sub C'' brain, I'm an introvert so basically I'm uncomfortable in ''intense'' social situations :? ''not in a weird way'' so with any social interactions in the dream world those fears of god knows what amplify, and every thing starts spinning out of control, and I wake up, :evil: but why, half of my brain wants to do some thing, but an other part of my brain doesn't, how do I bring peace between the two, I'm not just referring to DC lovers, just in general, like a cereal box was trying to tell me some thing, but I freaked out, and started to wake up. don't get me wrong I'm not a wiredo, at least i don't think so.
''you must excuse my personality''

Fouad Faraj

Postby Fouad Faraj » 10 Nov 2015 20:47

So wait, is it possible to create yourself someone just to spend time with and have fun with in any given lucid dream. What I mean is if once I have created this character in my dream could I summon the same character back in another dream? Kind of like an imaginary friend only they would seem a lot more "real" than an imaginary friend.

RealityCheck

@seanEE

Postby RealityCheck » 11 Nov 2015 13:17

I'm sure it's possible for you to practice 'socializing' if you'd call it through your lucid dreams. Make sure you have full lucidity and control when you attempt to engage with a DC and always stay calm. Give yourself some time to think through the dream and practice engaging with a few people in your dream.

I think you just need to be more aware that it's a dream and stay relaxed through it :)
How to wake yourself up

RealityCheck

@Fouad Faraj

Postby RealityCheck » 11 Nov 2015 13:22

Pretty much anything is possible if you have the control and mind set :)

I haven't done much with my 'project' recently, but a few months ago, it was possible to continuously bring characters. Although my DC didn't look the same (he had a terrifying appearance once), I somehow know it's his presence and once I realize it, he morphs into the basic outline of how I imagined him.

Oddly, he often appeared in my Non-Lucid Dreams which is strange cause in my LD an actual person I knew in real life would appear instead (when I had some kind of attractions for that guy). I haven't been too successful with actually engaging with my DC, but I have had some surprising conversations with him before.

There was one non lucid nightmare I had and my DC came out of no where and actually rescued me from a terrifying murderer who tried to bash my skull with a brick. :) If you spend enough time imagining and planning how you want your DC to be, you'll get there soon enough.

But just a warning, don't be too absorbed into dream characters as they are only part of your imagination. :)
How to wake yourself up

seanEE

Postby seanEE » 11 Nov 2015 22:08

JUST GIVE UP :lol: ''sorry'' but naughty thoughts have bad consequences in dreams, unless you are good at controlling them. try playing out the start of your story, just meeting and talking stuff like that, and lead up to it over a few days/weeks.
''you must excuse my personality''

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 13 Nov 2015 14:19

Never give up :)
How to wake yourself up

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 14 Nov 2015 12:55

for those that have experienced lucid dreams...
giving up is not an option ^^
it wasnt an option for me 3 years ago and it sure as hell isnt an option for me now :D
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

koloryczerni

Postby koloryczerni » 24 Nov 2015 10:09

I'm still in the same spot which is really frustrating... I can interract with my DC for example I can feel if he holds my hand or pushes me or whatever but I still can't see him! I feel like I'm interracting with a ghost.
Could it be because I only had a lucid dream last night first time in a month? I'm not sure why it took me so long, what could influence the frequency of our lucid dreaming? (I do reality checks every day)

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 25 Nov 2015 00:10

hm... aside from lucid dreaming a lot, i dont think you can do much, you are trying to rush your creation for sake of inspiration. while this isnt a bad thought, DC characters are a bit more alive then you might expect.

allow me to explain.

so you have meet your dream character, you interacted with them and it feels like something is odd, you cant see his face.. from my experience this means that your character dosnt have a proper personality yet, he is there, in body, but he isnt made into a proper being just yet.
and sadly as much as i would like you to meet this dream lover of yours, im afraid that you will need to spend more time with him.. they age like a good wine, they need time to develop, and you need time to realize them. then again, dreams are like fingerprints, they are different for everyone and you need to figure out how your dreams work.

this helped me few times, as i like to work with my dream characters a lot. so it might be worth a shot.. Your approach means a lot, if you want them to be gentle, you need to take it easy, if you want them to be wacky, do something to inspire it, and sometimes they will try to get a reaction out of you. sometimes they will turn out to be what you least expected... i could be very right or very wrong about this... (as i said dreams are very different for everyone...) and if you ever get yourself in a situation, try to include them in other things you do during your dream. make them part of it, talk to them, show them things you find trough the dream, talk to them about the dream, try learn something about them, you might find out something about them, (and i mean anything can happened, once i threw a cake at one of my DC and he gave me this soul-piercing stare before bursting into laughter)

just dont forget, thise are things that cant be done over night (pun not intended), it takes some time, you just need to keep at it and stay determined... just like cooking a good meal or becoming a good artist.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “Dream Characters”