Creating a DC Lover

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
koloryczerni

Re: Creating a DC Lover

Postby koloryczerni » 28 Nov 2015 19:42

what do I do though, if I try to include him in activities, talk to him etc. but he doesn't really reply to me?

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 29 Nov 2015 00:51

hm... This is troublesome..
it never got to me up untill this point but when i look back, i was alweys working with my dream characters, and they where one of earliest things that happened to my lucid dreams.
but even after all this time they never stayed idle when i was around.

im not fully sure about what could help, but i have an idea in mind. things that got my characters to get Explosive responses....
(lets say you have a character look happy, and then you multiply that happyness by 10 - he gets an explosion of happyness and starts jumping around like he is on crack. in other words a very strong emotion)
...where moments of extreme danger.

before i give you an idea of what i mean, id like to mention a little theory. lots of people belive dreams date back in the days of old, when man where bold and they where using sticks 'n' spears to hunt. you heard of those old drawings found in caves... some belive those where dreams they had at a time, and back then, and today, most non-lucid dreamers, have nightmares and negative dreams that hint to some sort of problem, or danger. the idea is that our minds are trying to simulate the problem or danger, so we can experience it without being harmed. so that once we face it in real life we have some experience and are ready to deal with it. This momentary danger can sometimes change dreams, including DCs, so ill give you few examples of what i mean from my personal experience..
1- i was exploring with one of my DCs at one point, she was a bit further away from me looking at something... i tripped and started to fall in a pit but i held on to a stone. and when i looked up my character was there, she looked scared out of her mind, the expression is something hard to describe, she was crying and trying to reach me with her hand and grab me while screaming "hold on".
2- there was a ritual going on and it looked like one of my DCs where in danger, i rushed over to try and save them and i was being followed by a second DC. when i arrived i saw a black-looking-pile-of stuff and thought that was the source of the problem, so i tried to slice it in half. when i DID slice it, everything went to hell, half of it got stuck on me and before i lost the dream, i saw a horrified expression of DC in ritual and she said "Why did y.." while the DC that followed me started to shake me and yell out my nickname.

now, history lesson aside, i belive this is true to some extend (the sticks and spears part) and sense my characters act normal most of the time and have thise explosive reactions in extreme moments during the dream... MAYBE your DC is passive for the most part but will start giving proper reactions in extreme moments. please keep in mind that im not suggesting you create a hallway of horror in your dreams... i dont want to turn you away from lucid dreaming but this part is highly theoretical as i cant open your head and put my hands in there to find a solution.. BUT, do try to experiment and see if he reacts in thise moments to try and save you, maybe he becomes your knight in shiny armor. and as Lovecraft once said: “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear" and intense emotions like fear or others... can change the flow of the dreams in many many ways, and just maybe help you solve your problem.

im sorry i had to keep this so long, but i felt i had to explain the detals. im still adding that thise things take time to work, and that can mean days and weeks... just stay determined :D and keep trying. Patience is the mother of success!
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

koloryczerni

Postby koloryczerni » 29 Nov 2015 13:47

thanks a lot for this detailed response! I hope I will manage to improve soon.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2015 00:04

koloryczerni wrote:I'm still in the same spot which is really frustrating... I can interract with my DC for example I can feel if he holds my hand or pushes me or whatever but I still can't see him! I feel like I'm interracting with a ghost.
Could it be because I only had a lucid dream last night first time in a month? I'm not sure why it took me so long, what could influence the frequency of our lucid dreaming? (I do reality checks every day)

It's probably the mind set your a holding towards it, you may have some doubts consciously or subconsciously about doing this or think on some level it will be hard. Your subconsciousness though can very easily just create someone who can be seen and interacted with.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

koloryczerni

Postby koloryczerni » 04 Dec 2015 12:31

that might be right. perhaps it's because previously I heard you cannot create someone you haven't seen in a real life. only hear I learned that you can.

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 04 Dec 2015 14:19

previously I heard you cannot create someone you haven't seen in a real life

I think it's that the people you see in your non-lucid dreams (DCs you didn't create on your own) are people you've seen in real life :) There's no limit when it comes to creating things in LD
How to wake yourself up

Lonely Tear

Postby Lonely Tear » 04 Dec 2015 15:38

the reason i see people BELIVE that you cant make DC if you didnt meet them in real life is coz our brains work with information all the time. information is pretty much everything, and that includes our dreams and people. combining the 2, brain works out a dream character based on information it had before and then presents it to you in a dream, so the way you said it... when you know someone in real life it is a lot easyer for our brains to make DC based off them, it has information to start with and for those that dont have much experience in lucid dreaming this is most of the time the case. at least this is theory i belive in

however i disagree. now im not trying to make myself sound like im some sort of special snowflake, but my DC are not remotely connected to anyone i know in real life. all of them just happend to show up at one point or another and iv done some experiments to try to make a connection betwen them and people i know in real life. nothing...
EXEPTION is ONE (out of 20+) DC's and thats a character that i belived represented my girlfriend for one coincidence- my girlfriend passed away a while ago and left me a ring to remember her by, and the Dc in a dream died as well and left its powers to another DC, and left ME a ring with a flaming flower. i use as a reality check nowdays.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

Return to “Dream Characters”