Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Apr 2016 19:25

RobertForsythe wrote:
Summerlander wrote:
RobertForsythe wrote:Utterly thrashing and destroying a dream character is generally a very good symbol, indicating that some element of the psyche that has been an obstacle of sorts has been overcome and vanquished.
... and that's a good thing....


It's a good thing to destroy dream characters, he says, so sure that they are nothing but 'elements of the psyche'... :D

But then we take into account what he told someone else on a different topic:

RobertForsythe wrote:I am open to the possibility that the DC are actual real people with bodies operating somewhere else in the world. If people can psychically communicate with other people across the world while in the waking state it seems likely it could be done in the dream state, maybe even more easily. But finding these people in the waking state is a challenge. I have tried.


So, he is also open to the possibility that he could be giving real people nightmares by attempting to destroy his dream characters. :)

And he wonders why Skippy23000 asked him if he ever killed someone in real life ... :mrgreen:


You are lost in a shallow fog AGAIN, Enra/Summerlander.

I did not "wonder"? *why* Skippy asked me that... I merely asked for clarification if his question was directed at me?... or maybe it was for the OP ... or anyone else... it was a rather ambiguously posed question. (That is something you might want to learn how to do -- asking for clarification first....)

As far as the "giving other people nightmares" aspect goes... you are jumping to conclusions... again....

I have mentioned to you repeatedly that you might pause a moment now and then and ask for clarification before you go off half cocked as you so often do.

I presently believe that about 99% of humanity is residing in a near zombie state 99% of the time. In the Dream state they are almost exclusively dealing with figments of their imagination... much like their waking state....

The *VAST* majority of the time when a person dreams of obliterating an opponent in a dream it is merely a DC that is being obliterated.

On the other hand, for some people, I remain open to the possibility that some "dreamers" might be honestly perceiving another conscious entity. If one is defending themselves from a genuine psychic attack self defense is a wise move. In such a case it would be morally and ethically acceptable to obliterate the attacker with everything you've got. There are other options as well but that might get way out there and I am running long on this reply already.


You are definitely full of BS as Skippy put it before. You said, 'Who are you asking? (And why do you ask?)' If this isn't wondering about someone's reason for asking a question, I don't know what is. 8-)

And psychic attacks in dreams? What nonsense have you been reading? Robert Bruce treatise on astral projection. I can't even take you seriously? :lol:

RobertForsythe
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby RobertForsythe » 08 Apr 2016 20:20

You are definitely full of BS as Skippy put it before. You said, 'Who are you asking? (And why do you ask?)' If this isn't wondering about someone's reason for asking a question, I don't know what is. 8-)

And psychic attacks in dreams? What nonsense have you been reading? Robert Bruce treatise on astral projection. I can't even take you seriously? :lol:


It is about context, ok Enra/Summer? In the context of what was being asked and the way it was being discussed -- I was replying to the ambiguity of the question and the context -- your insertion of "wondering" struck me as obfuscation at best.

As far as psychic attacks in dreams go... I know from personal experience that there may very well be a degree of reality in all that. Long story short -- I told my wife about an ominous and threatening event that occurred one particular night and she informed me that her sister had hired a bruja to attack her that night.

You really could tone down the superior attitude a bit, Enra. I get the distinct impression that my knowledge and ability in this LD/OBE is at least as broad as yours... if not *much* more so.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Apr 2016 21:40

You can always review my replies to this topic and discuss with me what you don't agree with. We can start again and we'll both play fair. Remember, it's not about egos, it's about us sharing information and getting to the bottom of things. Now that's fun! ;-)

One question: Do you believe in witches? I'm Portuguese, my friend, and 'bruja' means 'witch' in my language. So far you've implied that your sister is a believer. But I'm curious ... are YOU? If so, give us your reasons ...

RobertForsythe
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby RobertForsythe » 08 Apr 2016 22:39

To ask someone in English if they "believe in witches" is a loaded question. Unless it is qualified thoroughly I won't waste my breath with an open ended reply.

My wife was raised by a curandera. Ask anyone in my wife's family and they will tell you there really are brujas in the world. In the objective sense it is a simple fact. In some communities you can practically look them up in the yellow pages and pay them for services rendered.

My grandmother on my mother's side definitely believed in ESP. She was practically famous for her ability. The stories my mom, aunts and uncles would tell... either they were all lying or my grandmother really did have a certain amount of ability in this arena.

I have not personally tried to develop ability in the realm of witchcraft so I have little knowledge of how real it all might be. For the first 55 years or so of my life the entire question was a complete non-issue for me. I do however, now have one definite experience that I chalk up as a piece of "evidence".
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

RobertForsythe
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby RobertForsythe » 09 Apr 2016 00:03

Enra Traz wrote:You are definitely full of BS as Skippy put it before.


Also Enra... Skippy did NOT say that.
[more dishonesty on your part]

He said, "I have no time for BS".
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz
Posts: 314
Joined: 28 Nov 2014 10:55

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby Enra Traz » 09 Apr 2016 00:44

I think one day you will discover that some of your family members are not as trustworthy as you'd like them to be, Robert. My own mother, who's from Angola and very much a firm believer in voodoo, was into all that. But I've come to learn that she likes to exaggerate and confabulate. I think your case is simple: you are so open that your brain is falling out! I think you are yet to have a familial lesson.

As for what Skippy did or did not say, I might as well have paraphrased him seen as you have a penchant for pedantry. The fact remains that he was referring to your posts when he said 'BS'.

By the way, everyone ... 'curandeira' is the Portuguese word for 'healer'. You can now have an idea of what Robert is hinting at with his vague and obscurantist reply to my simple and straightforward question. 8-)

Either you are lying about being 55, my dear friend Robert, or we should all be feeling sorry for you ... :mrgreen:

So, we can conclude that, according to Robert's rationality, there must be witches because members of his family said so. Your wife was raised by a 'healer'. Sure. :roll:

ThePurple
Posts: 152
Joined: 02 Nov 2015 01:30

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby ThePurple » 09 Apr 2016 02:39

I can't believe I'm about to defend one of Forsythe's statements...

In the sense that there are people who are called healers and witches and other such things in various languages, it can be said that they exist in an objective sense. I think this is what he meant. Whether they have any magical powers is another matter entirely, and worthy of investigating critically. (Remember Forsythe, you don't have to wait for someone else to ''qualify thoroughly" but can do so yourself within your answer!)

Also, this age thing keeps being brought up re:Forsythe, and I can't see why it should be regarded with any significance. Wisdom does not automatically come with age. I'm sure we all know an elder or two (or five) who are frustratingly stubborn, having apparently stopped allowing new ideas in decades ago. Similarly, one can find startlingly insightful teenagers. So, it doesn't much matter whether he's lying or not, because the number of years one has been alive is in most cases completely irrelevant to one's credibility.

RobertForsythe
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby RobertForsythe » 09 Apr 2016 03:46

Enra, I'll take that to mean your mom's family is nothing like mine.

When someone tells a blatant lie in order to impugn someone's character it is NOT pedantic to correct the record. Also, "I have no time for BS" and "you are... full of BS" are two totally different statements with a big difference in meaning and tone. (Just more blatant dishonesty on your part... you sure are one to point the accusing BS finger!)

I did not say I was 55 -- you misread, again!

There was nothing vague nor obscurantist about my reply. I went to further lengths than you deserve in order to clearly identify my position on your loaded question that was anything but "simple and straightforward ".

When you say, "So, we can conclude that, according to Robert's rationality, there must be witches because members of his family said so" we see not just further demonstration of your serious lack of logical discipline, Enra, but your chronic dishonesty. I did not say that.

And what gives with the arrogant, superior attitude that you keep showing? ... "Your wife was raised by a 'healer'. Sure. :roll" ... are you *trying* to be a huge jerk or do you just flow natural that way?


Enra Traz wrote:I think one day you will discover that some of your family members are not as trustworthy as you'd like them to be, Robert. My own mother, who's from Angola and very much a firm believer in voodoo, was into all that. But I've come to learn that she likes to exaggerate and confabulate. I think your case is simple: you are so open that your brain is falling out! I think you are yet to have a familial lesson.

As for what Skippy did or did not say, I might as well have paraphrased him seen as you have a penchant for pedantry. The fact remains that he was referring to your posts when he said 'BS'.

By the way, everyone ... 'curandeira' is the Portuguese word for 'healer'. You can now have an idea of what Robert is hinting at with his vague and obscurantist reply to my simple and straightforward question. 8-)

Either you are lying about being 55, my dear friend Robert, or we should all be feeling sorry for you ... :mrgreen:

So, we can conclude that, according to Robert's rationality, there must be witches because members of his family said so. Your wife was raised by a 'healer'. Sure. :roll:
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 920
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby deschainXIX » 09 Apr 2016 04:11

Such fascinating psychology being displayed here.

Tell me some of the chants or incantations known to your culture, Forsythe, and I'll read them aloud, doing all the right tasks in order to make some magic happen. In fact, give me a suicide charm, and if you never hear from me again, you'll know it worked.

That's what I do when I'm hanging out with people who believe in demons. I read satanic verses in the dark, asking Satan to send an avatar into our presence. Everyone freaks the hell out. And guess what? Nothing happens. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

RobertForsythe
Posts: 88
Joined: 17 Feb 2016 20:02

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby RobertForsythe » 09 Apr 2016 04:22

ThePurple wrote:I can't believe I'm about to defend one of Forsythe's statements...

Thank you. :)

(Remember Forsythe, you don't have to wait for someone else to ''qualify thoroughly" but can do so yourself within your answer!)

But isn't that exactly what I did? [ans: Yes]

Also, this age thing keeps being brought up re:Forsythe, and I can't see why it should be regarded with any significance.


I am pretty sure I am not the one bringing up the age thing in that sense... not once. I earlier replied to someone wo asked if there were any other senior type participants on this forum. So I replied. In this thread recently I only mentioned it in order to demarcate a timeline in order to say that the entire 'witch' topic was never an issue for me for most of my entire life. Nothing I said about age implied any sort of concomitant integrity wisdom-wise in what was being said.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe


Return to “Dream Characters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests