Do your DCs know you?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Summerlander

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby Summerlander » 10 Sep 2015 00:18

Lonely Tear wrote:as far as my DC's go, they are fully aware of me when im around and they call me by my nickname - Tear

What do you mean 'they are fully aware'? You mean you think they are aware, right? :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Lonely Tear

Re: Summerlander

Postby Lonely Tear » 10 Sep 2015 22:20

imagination, or not... i im 100% sure they are aware of me (as far as my dreams go).
everything started with one character finding me in a forest. ofcorse i get what you mean, they are product of my imagination and they are not living beings to be aware. but then again i have to wonder...
thise characters have done so much for me in the past, helped me fix problems, shape my life a bit, put a smile on my face, get over my fear of driving. they where proper friends.
i learned a lot from them, and im happier then ever.
Place that reminds me who i am, what i love...
place with all my hopes and all my fears...
place with all my friends, where i share my tears...
and all i need to do to reach it.. is.. Dream

ImmortalPhoenix

Postby ImmortalPhoenix » 24 Sep 2015 04:51

I actually had a lucid dream last night and I was trying to put this to the test.

I was walking down this dirt road with a dark hair fellow right next to me. I had a sense that we knew each other but I wasn't familiar with him. We were following this guy that had a large box in his hand. I was feeling he was up to no good and I think that was why the two of us were following him.

I looked around bored and said, "My dreams are usually more exciting than this." Then realizing what I just said I exclaimed, "I'm dreaming!". I immediately turned to the fellow and said, "Look at me." He didn't look at me. I said it a little louder. He still didn't look at me. With more aggression and a little annoyed I demanded he look at me. His head suddenly snapped in my direction and he looked slightly annoyed.

"What is my name?" I looked at him with excitement. He opened his mouth and......he started talking nonsense about hamburgers. Starting to get annoyed again, I cut him off and asked again, "No! What. Is. My. Name?" He just looked at me like I was an idiot. I just woke up. I'll have to try this a couple more times and see what happens.
“Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves.”

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 12:16

ImmortalPhoenix wrote:I looked around bored and said, "My dreams are usually more exciting than this." Then realizing what I just said I exclaimed, "I'm dreaming!". I immediately turned to the fellow and said, "Look at me." He didn't look at me. I said it a little louder. He still didn't look at me. With more aggression and a little annoyed I demanded he look at me. His head suddenly snapped in my direction and he looked slightly annoyed.

That's one thing I love about LD, the DCs seem to have their own reactions.

"What is my name?" I looked at him with excitement. He opened his mouth and......he started talking nonsense about hamburgers. Starting to get annoyed again, I cut him off and asked again, "No! What. Is. My. Name?" He just looked at me like I was an idiot.

I've heard many say about their DCs just giving weird replies to things. Mine usually tend to ignore me when I ask them stuff. Let us know how your next attempt goes.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Re: Summerlander

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Oct 2015 12:36

Lonely Tear wrote:imagination, or not... i im 100% sure they are aware of me (as far as my dreams go).
everything started with one character finding me in a forest. ofcorse i get what you mean, they are product of my imagination and they are not living beings to be aware. but then again i have to wonder...
thise characters have done so much for me in the past, helped me fix problems, shape my life a bit, put a smile on my face, get over my fear of driving. they where proper friends.
i learned a lot from them, and im happier then ever.

Thanks for sharing. I wish mine were like that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”