Names of Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Highlander

Re: Names of Dream Characters

Postby Highlander » 06 Apr 2015 10:41

Thanks, jasmine2.

Very good points. You helped a lot.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 08 Apr 2015 17:46

My DC names have changed since I've posted on this thread last back in 2013 and said they for me tend to have common names.

Now days my DCs tend to often have strange names but ones which I may find out they are real names if I looked them up eg Rotch or Roach (I have no idea if that is a real name or not)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

thealems

Postby thealems » 29 May 2015 22:56

I'm so glad I've found this thread! I've been getting into lucid dreaming only for a few months now and in the last few weeks my mission has been to talk to my dream characters.

Usually once I'm lucid I glide around and try to ask the first person I see what their name is. Sometimes they answer with common names that I recognise, even if they look nothing like the people that I know who share their name. Other times they are very strange names - eg. I once 'met' someone who said they were from Greece and although I tried to scribble their name on my phone the moment I woke up, I wasn't so sure I wrote it down correctly (I don't know much about the Greek language but I'm certain it sounded Greek). I am now wondering if these might possibly be other dreamers/lucid dreamers, although I know it might just be my mind making stuff up. I wrote a new thread in the 'INTRO' section of this forum if anyone's interested.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Jun 2015 16:26

I think this stuff is being generated by the subconscious mind, to be honest.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Kia23

Postby Kia23 » 22 Jan 2016 19:54

The other night, I saw a red head girl who was sitting near my house. She shook my hand and said that her name was Gabe, and that she knew my sister, Erin. Pretty weird...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 17 Sep 2016 10:08

Today it was given to me another weird name. In today's dream i was Nalee Zalanaa, a warrior from another dimension. In the dream i even saw that name written this way. I don't know if this name really exists as it's so weird to me.
Last edited by Highlander on 18 Sep 2016 10:27, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Sep 2016 02:13

You're a highlander warrior from a past life in an alternate dimension.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 18 Sep 2016 10:28

HAGART wrote:You're a highlander warrior from a past life in an alternate dimension.

Cool! :D

Slykly

Postby Slykly » 24 Sep 2016 03:27

I come across familiar people every night. I rarely get their names though. I did look at one of the characters name while they were playing video games a couple nights ago. Their gamer tag. When I woke up I realized I could produce names for these strangers that keep appearing in my dreams which was enlightening I guess. I never thought to get their names until that moment. I am new to this forum and probably will find new things to look for in my dreams that can help my suffering of dreaming every night. Techniques that can help me survive the misery of being prisoner to unstoppable dreaming. Thanks for this topic, I thought it was strange I had created a name for a stranger. But now I do not.

Return to “Dream Characters”