The effects of recreational drugs inside the dreamworld

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Summerlander

Re: The effects of recreational drugs inside the dreamworld

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2017 17:27

Absolutely. One compliments the other and vice versa. They are ultimately the same thing: mindfulness. One applicable in waking life. The other, during REM sleep.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 27 Dec 2017 08:28

24/7/365 wrote:ok

Hello again. I can now at least answer this question to some extent. I had this dream today. Not a lucid dream,but it does give a bit of an insight:

I had a really long joint in hand,and I was smoking it inside my sister's bathroom out of my father's sight. Making sure to open the window so that the weed odor flows out. I managed to almost finish the entire joint,but ended up just keeping the leftovers because I just couldn't smoke it anymore.

Once I was done,my next goal was then to take a bath and put on some new clothes so my dad wouldn't be able to smell anything on me. I believe at this point was when the joint started taking a bit of an effect,making me a bit slower with getting my clothes and towel. Unfortunately for me,this was when I ran into my dad,and he was indeed able to smell something on me. he then asked "Did you smoke?" (I don't smoke cigarettes,so I knew exactly what he meant.)
Knowing that there's no use hiding it,I admitted. The dream ends/fades here.
THE END

Notes: I was indeed able to feel some of the effects,but I didn't experience the full effect before I woke up. I think this has something to do with the fact that I was too focused on accomplishing my goal(bathe to get rid of smell)rather than letting myself feel the bud.

I'll be attempting a WBTB tonight,I'll do my best to remember this goal for when I successfully become lucid to get more insight.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 30 Dec 2017 08:09

Follow up:

I had another dream today,another non-LD (I was supposed to do WBTB,but silly me forgot to charge my smartphone. argh! :x )

I requested Jason(a friend of the family)to buy me some Meth. I got a rather large amount. Jason mixed the drug with a glass of milk(in order to hide it from my dad)and I drank it. (NOTE: in the 3 times I've tried this in real life,I never took it orally. though this method is definitely possible. some say that taking this drug orally is actually the least risky way)

Soon I began feeling the effects. I felt a rush and it hit me HARD. my entire body began shaking from the pleasure,and my movements all became clumsy/jerky.

Yeah,I think I can officially confirm that it is indeed possible to replicate the effects in a dream. :mrgreen:

Drug rehabs would definitely benefit to add teaching lucid dreaming into their arsenal.

For more info,you can search google about doing drugs in a lucid dream.

Will follow up on this as soon as I get another drug-related dream or achieve a lucid dream and do drugs in it.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Jan 2018 02:55

Bravo! :D

I believe your theory that your focus on getting rid of the weed smell in the first dream hampered a potentially wholesome effect is correct; perhaps a desire to be more focused around your oneiric father might've had something to do with it, too.

I wonder if it's possible carry over the doping effects of dream narcotisation into the waking state. I'm guessing doing it from a lucid dream might increase the chances of that happening seen as the lucid dream self---despite being, at times, vulnerable to bizarre thinking---is closer to the waking ego than the identities assumed in ordinary dream states.

If it's possible to experience salvia 'flashbacks' in a dream after having recently taken the drug in waking life, why not the other way around?

Thoughts? 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 04 Jan 2018 16:14

Summerlander wrote:Bravo! :D

I believe your theory that your focus on getting rid of the weed smell in the first dream hampered a potentially wholesome effect is correct; perhaps a desire to be more focused around your oneiric father might've had something to do with it, too.

The funny thing is that my dad isn't even against the use of weed. He is aware that it is actually quite harmless. I used to do it in the past with his consent(so long as I only do it in the privacy of our home). Its just that circumstances around us have changed that make acquiring it(or any kind of illegal drug) too risky and my dad doesn't want me to risking my neck trying to find a source. Well,hopefully those circumstances change soon.

I wonder if it's possible carry over the doping effects of dream narcotisation into the waking state. I'm guessing doing it from a lucid dream might increase the chances of that happening seen as the lucid dream self---despite being, at times, vulnerable to bizarre thinking---is closer to the waking ego than the identities assumed in ordinary dream states.

If it's possible to experience salvia 'flashbacks' in a dream after having recently taken the drug in waking life, why not the other way around?

Thoughts? 8-)

Hmm...It certainly seems plausible. After all,whenever I've had a successful and fun lucid dream,I'd be in a good mood for pretty much the entire day.(unless something really bad happens.)
Lucide has also told me that she's experimented with the placebo effect of dream healing with success. She's taken medical marijuana in her lucid dream before and it eased her real life physical pain for a good 8 hours! :o

Still,it remains to be seen. we'll have to experiment with this ourselves. I unfortunately can't focus 100% on my dreaming efforts for the moment,though I can still at least do the basic WBTB technique. I'd certainly like your help,if you aren't too busy that is. ;)

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 07 Jan 2018 14:55

Man, that's great news. But I haven't been practicing for quite some time. I think I should start practising.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 08 Jan 2018 17:17

LoneDreamer wrote:Man, that's great news. But I haven't been practicing for quite some time. I think I should start practising.

:lol: Yeah,I haven't been either. Life's just been throwing a lot of shit at me lately(college related matters). I definitely plan to get back on seriously practicing,but until I solve the current predicament I'm in,I won't have the peace of mind to really focus.

Still,this has been a great discovery for me. I definitely plan to continue this little experiment,but I'll have to put it off for now.

Hopefully you're in a position to freely pursue this,I'd certainly be interested in seeing more LD entries from you. :)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 22 Jan 2018 04:33

Well,well,well. Looks like I achieved an LD today. (via an unplanned WBTB. I was using melatonin to re-arrange my sleeping schedule for college. unless it is the time-release version,melatonin has that side effect where it wakes you up in the middle of the night. Usually annoying,but it helped me this time. :mrgreen: )and I managed to remember to execute this specific goal,here goes:

Time slept: 11:30 - 3:30 am,went back to bed at 4:50 am.
Type of Lucid Dream: DILD
Method: WBTB + MILD (Fortunately I was able to recall and write down an earlier non-LD so I was able to use the complete MILD technique)
Supplements taken: 3 Schiff Melatonin

After having had some trouble falling back to sleep,I found myself wandering an animated enchanted forest. It had a "Minecraft" feel to it(I think a subtle minecraft music was playing but can't say for sure). I saw a cartoonish saber tooth tiger and stared at it for a bit. The Sabertooth then looked in my direction and we looked eye to eye,but for some reason,I wasn't afraid. in fact,it was at that moment that I spontaneously became lucid.

I repeatedly told the tiger "This is my dream,you can't hurt me",the tiger tried to rush and attack me but I warped the scenery with a body/hand gesture.(like what a Telepath or Magneto does when using their powers)

I ended up in my college school corridor. I was wandering around,admiring the scenery when I remembered this recreational drug experiment. I decided to go into the school bathroom/restroom and pulled a joint out of my pocket. I went in front of the sink mirror and smoked.

I got a bit high,but for some reason,I wanted another joint,I wanted to get even more intoxicated so I pulled another one out of my pocket and smoked another! :lol:

Once done,I felt the full effect. I was giddy and laughing uncontrollably. I was bouncing around out of sheer joy in some kind of dorm room(I don't remember when the scenery changed or if I left the bathroom,I was just in a bedroom all of a sudden) until Ms. A(a woman I know in real life)came into the room and seductively called for my attention. :twisted:

I won't go into detail about what comes next. Unless you have the same fetish/sexual orientation as I do,you don't want to hear about it. ;)
(well,even if you do,this is way too personal/private for me to share anyway :P )

I almost achieved an orgasm in this lucid dream,but it ended before I could complete it! :cry:

This was definitely one of my longer dreams (I think it lasted almost 2 hours :o )
The ending to it was premature,but it was still satisfying and I'm in a good mood today because of it. 8-)

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 08 Feb 2018 14:49

RedKryptonite wrote:Well,well,well. Looks like I achieved an LD today. (via an unplanned WBTB. I was using melatonin to re-arrange my sleeping schedule for college. unless it is the time-release version,melatonin has that side effect where it wakes you up in the middle of the night. Usually annoying,but it helped me this time. :mrgreen: )and I managed to remember to execute this specific goal,here goes:

Time slept: 11:30 - 3:30 am,went back to bed at 4:50 am.
Type of Lucid Dream: DILD
Method: WBTB + MILD (Fortunately I was able to recall and write down an earlier non-LD so I was able to use the complete MILD technique)
Supplements taken: 3 Schiff Melatonin

After having had some trouble falling back to sleep,I found myself wandering an animated enchanted forest. It had a "Minecraft" feel to it(I think a subtle minecraft music was playing but can't say for sure). I saw a cartoonish saber tooth tiger and stared at it for a bit. The Sabertooth then looked in my direction and we looked eye to eye,but for some reason,I wasn't afraid. in fact,it was at that moment that I spontaneously became lucid.

I repeatedly told the tiger "This is my dream,you can't hurt me",the tiger tried to rush and attack me but I warped the scenery with a body/hand gesture.(like what a Telepath or Magneto does when using their powers)

I ended up in my college school corridor. I was wandering around,admiring the scenery when I remembered this recreational drug experiment. I decided to go into the school bathroom/restroom and pulled a joint out of my pocket. I went in front of the sink mirror and smoked.

I got a bit high,but for some reason,I wanted another joint,I wanted to get even more intoxicated so I pulled another one out of my pocket and smoked another! :lol:

Once done,I felt the full effect. I was giddy and laughing uncontrollably. I was bouncing around out of sheer joy in some kind of dorm room(I don't remember when the scenery changed or if I left the bathroom,I was just in a bedroom all of a sudden) until Ms. A(a woman I know in real life)came into the room and seductively called for my attention. :twisted:

I won't go into detail about what comes next. Unless you have the same fetish/sexual orientation as I do,you don't want to hear about it. ;)
(well,even if you do,this is way too personal/private for me to share anyway :P )

I almost achieved an orgasm in this lucid dream,but it ended before I could complete it! :cry:

This was definitely one of my longer dreams (I think it lasted almost 2 hours :o )
The ending to it was premature,but it was still satisfying and I'm in a good mood today because of it. 8-)

Damn, this shit really works. :o I want to try it, but sadly I have stopped practicing altogether and can't do until march is over.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 09 Feb 2018 08:40

LoneDreamer wrote:Damn, this shit really works. :o I want to try it, but sadly I have stopped practicing altogether and can't do until march is over.

I'm lucky that my current schedule allows me time to perform my inductions. The only real opponent is my own laziness when doing my WBTB routine. (the sleepiness when you awaken is challenging to overcome,I'm sure you know what I mean)

I gotta ask,but do you still meditate nowadays? (I actually only saw your reply to my comment about meditation recently,WOLD didn't inform me. haha)

Return to “Dream Science”