Déjà Rêvé

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
Summerlander

Déjà Rêvé

Postby Summerlander » 12 Mar 2018 18:14

It's the French for 'already dreamed'.

It labels those rare moments when you suddenly recall a dream. It can also be brought about by zapping your brain.

I wonder how often those using a dream inventory and employing MILD experience this. Are déjà rêvés more common in lucid dreamers?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Stubbssamuel

Re: Déjà Rêvé

Postby Stubbssamuel » 13 Mar 2018 15:55

Is this just the same as Deja Vu ? or is there a difference ? Im curious lol

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Mar 2018 12:26

No, not the same. Déjà vu means 'already seen'. Déjà rêvé means 'already dreamed'. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dreamoverflow

Postby dreamoverflow » 21 May 2018 23:51

I've often this feeling of déjà rêvé. But it seem mostly the days when I'm more tired than habitually. But not very sure. And its very troubling, like if I already lived that, but its not a déjà vu. Its more deep, more detailed, more like intuition and true memory, and having intuition of what will become. But its not always totally clear.

Otherwise sometime I've the feeling that my life is in a loop, and knowing that I've done a cycle, restarting with some concretes changes but spiritually seems like a loop. And I've having the feeling of the life as an illusion or maybe like a matrix simulation or virtual reality, or called by some entities or person I've known in the past.

But I'm feeling often tired because of a chemical hyper-sensibility of a product found every where. That cause me a particular vision of the life, as a sort of hypnotic state most of the time, half dreaming maybe.

So I don't know, maybe déjà rêvé are moment when our brain make quickly a sleep, having a dream, and coming back to reality, have the feeling of déjà rêvé or already lived.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 May 2018 23:33

It's interesting that you describe it in terms of a fuzzy intuition---dare I say, epiphany?---or of similar quality, dreamoverflow.

And the 'spiritual loop' ostensibly reinforces the theory that déjà vus are the subjective outcome of an ephemeral brain glitch that 'loops' sensory information and memory into consciousness when the default mode is simply introducing it to awareness once.

So, according to this plausible theory, the sense of familiarity during a déjà vu is an illusion produced by an erroneous reuptake of information into consciousness which interrelates with memory. I imagine something of a similar nature takes place in déjà rêvé moments.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Science”