Lucid Dream study (2min)

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
SleepandMemory

Lucid Dream study (2min)

Postby SleepandMemory » 18 Jul 2018 13:31

Hi all,

We are from the Donders Research Centre in the Netherlands and we are conducting a study on lucid dreaming. If you complete this questionnaire you will help us to gain more insight into the phenomenon of lucid dreaming. This is a very short and simple questionnaire it should take around 2 minutes to complete, we only require you to click the link to survey monkey (a popular survey website, you can google reviews if you like).

To take part you should not have/had any previous sleep disorders or psychiatric disorders.

During lucid dreaming, one is aware of the fact that one is dreaming, while the dream is still ongoing. With this awareness it is possible to control one's dream actions or to observe passively the course of the dream.

We would be really grateful if you would participate in this study.

Here is the link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XX8ZS8W

Best regards,

Donders sleep and memory team.

https://www.ru.nl/donders/research/theme-3-plasticity-memory/research-groups-theme-3/sleep-memory/

LucidCat

Re: Lucid Dream study (2min)

Postby LucidCat » 18 Jul 2018 21:47

I've done the survey - I'm really curious for the results!
Although, I'd like to mention that WILD is not a technique, it's method that can achieved by technqiues like WBTB, MILD, FILD etc.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

BrettNortje

Re: Lucid Dream study (2min)

Postby BrettNortje » 24 Jul 2018 10:04

Well, as you seem to be a researcher, and I a 'veteran layman,' I will try to help out! If you don't mind?

If you want to observe the state of higher consciousness, it is actually a state of lesser consciousness. Do you know that this is similar to the side effects of being drunk? If you were to observe that when your senses are distorted, they will defer to manifest as new types of sensations relying things to your mind you are not in control of, yes? This would infer that the mind is lost because of the fuels entering it from the body, and, when the body has too much testosterone, the images will be of aggression, or, 'big,' yes?

So, we could try something simple - how about observing the dream shapes and colours seen by people in their dreams in the day time? Wouldn't it be nice if you net someone new and you had a glimmer of what they are really like, maybe like 'aura seeing?' This would mean that we could guess or have a hunch, a new type of intuition into the scene we are in, either consciously conjuring or being interrupted by a vision, of sorts.

If we want to see these things we will see what we want to see if we try to conjure them, of course. The trick here is to use the one world consciousness, where we 'feel energies.' You see, this lucid dreaming is not all hocus pocus, it is based on sciences, as all the veterans know too.

Maybe we could bring these energies to bear if we were to see the person, for a visual impression, and 'try to compress them into a dot.' This would be where we would see something other than what we want to see, as it will be based on that other person's perceived social relationship with us, and the energies that manifest from their own motion or conclusion to motion, as they will be in a certain space at a certain time, and if you understand one world consciousness, then there is no doubt that this will be a shape of some sort - the problem is as you learn the shapes you see and check in dream dictionaries, then you will start to manipulate that too!

Now, to keep it as true as possible, where your intuition plays as much a part of this as your understanding, it will be where you need to, for a simple exercise, see them walking and look behind them to see what they have 'bred.' This will be where you see them as a colour and shape, but if that is too hard, try one at a time. Since I am telepathically blind and deaf, I cannot really do this, but I am sure you can?
!! Thug Life !!

Return to “Dream Science”