HELLO

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
somfar

Re: HELLO

Postby somfar » 19 Apr 2015 23:24

shennong

First let me apologize about my comment regarding meditation, might have been a bit premature with that comment. It is not that I do not agree or appreciate the practice of meditation, only that I have never been taught about it and how to accomplish it myself. I can see the benefits of being able to calm ones mind and therefore the body with practice but patience has never been one of my better accomplishments in life thus far.....still working on it. Yes I do listen to music and as of late more that involves tones that are meant to believe it or not cause your mind to relax as well as your body so yes you are correct in assuming that I do meditate on some level already. BTW....... I am actually 55, still wishing I was in my 40's again knowing what I know now and having had the experiences I have. Appreciate your insight and feedback.

JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DO A THING........DOES NOT MEAN.....YOU SHOULD.

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 20 Apr 2015 01:31

No need to apologize Somfar & thanks for the nice reply
I'm in the same boat as u, just trying to figure things out & not stress myself too much in the process,
altho stress has a lot to do w growth.
Insofar as a broader knowledge base from which to draw on, 55 is better than being in the 40's, IMO, altho I agree completely w u on the attractiveness of putting all our accumulated experiences in younger bodies. Wishful thinking there, eh? ;)

When u mention the tonal quality of the music you're listening to for relaxing mind & body, would u be referring to binaural beats?
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

somfar

Postby somfar » 20 Apr 2015 01:46

shoennong

Yes, those as well as other types of music that is intended to help calm the raging mind and heart. I find it useful to help focus my intention on relaxing. Again point in fact, would be considered a type of meditation correct?

somfar

Postby somfar » 20 Apr 2015 02:00

An open mind is like an open door
should always be guarded.

Tis harder to get rid of any enemy
once you welcome them in.

Than it is to prevent them
from coming in.

somfar

Postby somfar » 20 Apr 2015 02:05

You are what you eat
Both in body
and mind.

How is your....diet?

son of shennong

Postby son of shennong » 20 Apr 2015 02:19

somfar wrote:shoennong

Yes, those as well as other types of music that is intended to help calm the raging mind and heart. I find it useful to help focus my intention on relaxing. Again point in fact, would be considered a type of meditation correct?

There are many schools of meditation, both Eastern & Western. @ this point, I am drawing my written knowledge of it mainly from the Upanishads, which are part of the Vedas, ancient holy scriptures from India. For me, those writings are very clear. But from the knowledge I have garnered from reading that & other sources as well as my personal experiences, focused concentration on one thing alone constitutes meditation. U do it to quiet the mind. The mind tends to be restless.

You don't have to be sitting in a half-lotus staring @ a mandala in order to meditate. Meditation can be eating, if u want. If you're focused to the point, and actually, if you're eating very delicious food it comes quite easily, where your focus on what ur eating is so great that u inadvertently begin tuning out your surrounding & your thoughts fade out, I would consider that a meditation. Of course, if you make eating your main meditation, you may end up weighing more than you would like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vedas
“Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in."
Thoreau

somfar

Postby somfar » 20 Apr 2015 04:00

Then you would have a lot of very over weight well centered souls...heh heh heh. Food is definitely not the medium of choice....but I get the point. Focus is key....it is just a matter of using the correct key to unlock the proper door.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Apr 2015 00:06

In Summerlander's defense, he knows not what he does. He's just a sack of goo, housing a whirlwind of chemicals, and a lightning cloud of electromagnet bolts signaling neurons, without control of his thoughts, so how can anyone blame him for speaking his mind when he thought it was a good idea at the time. You would too, if you were literally him.

A fascinating group of scientists once surmised: "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together". This group of four brilliant thinkers summed it all up with their thesis entitled, Goo-Goo G'joob.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”