Help me start back up!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
bnolan98

Help me start back up!

Postby bnolan98 » 21 Jun 2016 05:02

It has been months since my last lucid dream and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I was wondering if anyone here had any advice. I still sleep about the same amount... around 7 hours and I eat the same things but they only come randomly now, whereas a year ago, I could make them come. I will have a dream where I know it's a dream, but immediately lose control and forget about the fact that it's a dream. Please give me some advice, thank you.

Dane

Re: Help me start back up!

Postby Dane » 21 Jun 2016 15:15

hmmm, maybe you chould increase you awareness.
you can easily achive this by meditation sessions.
no need to fly to tibet, a simple breathing meditation could do the trick.

also, reality checks could help you gain lucidity in your dream.
perhaps you should try to incorporate some new RC's.

best of luck matey!
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

bnolan98

Postby bnolan98 » 22 Jun 2016 04:13

Thank you Dane, those are great ideas! Although I could use some tips on the whole meditation thing. I have tried it before, and I find it very hard to clear my mind. Also, I do already do reality checks. So if you could help me with meditating that would be great.

Last night I concentrated very hard and heres the little piece that I remember from my dream:
~I was in a parking garage, and it felt like I was there to show up for something my newly divorced parents had been celebrating? Idk if that is important... but anyway, I was going up through a parking garage when my car bent over the side of the garage and fell out of the whole garage. My brother flew out of the window, but was still hanging on. I, on the other hand, had fallen out of my window and was holding the whole car with one hand, as my other hand was attached to the edge of the parking garage. I lied the car, and my brother back up inside the garage and ran to my mother to tell her what had happened.

"Mom, the car fell out of the parking garage and I held it up with one arm, that's like those typical adrenaline rushes that you hear about on tv."

"No, sweetie. You are dreaming." She says to me. And that is all that I remember.

Dane

Postby Dane » 22 Jun 2016 10:38

bnolan98 wrote:Thank you Dane, those are great ideas! Although I could use some tips on the whole meditation thing. I have tried it before, and I find it very hard to clear my mind. Also, I do already do reality checks. So if you could help me with meditating that would be great.

Last night I concentrated very hard and heres the little piece that I remember from my dream:
~I was in a parking garage, and it felt like I was there to show up for something my newly divorced parents had been celebrating? Idk if that is important... but anyway, I was going up through a parking garage when my car bent over the side of the garage and fell out of the whole garage. My brother flew out of the window, but was still hanging on. I, on the other hand, had fallen out of my window and was holding the whole car with one hand, as my other hand was attached to the edge of the parking garage. I lied the car, and my brother back up inside the garage and ran to my mother to tell her what had happened.

"Mom, the car fell out of the parking garage and I held it up with one arm, that's like those typical adrenaline rushes that you hear about on tv."

"No, sweetie. You are dreaming." She says to me. And that is all that I remember.

yes i can help you with meditation technique's.

and with RC's i meant to teach yourself some new to replace the older one's.
for perhaps in the dream your also expecting the check to pass to much, which WILL pass because of your expectation.
personally i cross my hands prayerwise and wiggle my fingers to Provoke misinterpretation or misalignment, its not perfect but i wouldn't stick to long with the same set of RC's.
just be creative ;).

when your mother said this is a dream, did the dream collapse/end or can you recall no more then that ?

and about the divorce if it mattered.
thats up to you to find out.
try to recall and visualize that particulair moment and try to feel if there are any emotions coming up.
if so, chances are high it does matter to you.

now back to the meditation thing.
first of, there are so many meditation technique's
with so many appliances, you drown in the flood of options.
at first i also had the feeling it didn't work and like allot of people i had a pretty useless feeling after a "session".

but it takes patience, and each time you do a session, your ability increases. ( at first barely unnoticable, but over time it becomes more clear ).

the internet( and thus youtube ) is filled with howto's and guided meditations should you prefer that.

i had the most benefits with the simplest of all.
breathing.
just sit comfor ( no need for lotus and stuff, just as you like it ), but mind that you keep your back strait and upwards ( so no lying down ).

and "check" if your still breathing.
during your check you will notice that for a single moment, your mind was clear of thought.
( for it attention was needed elsewhere ).
at a moment your mind will go back into your daily thinking again, No biggie, just check your breath again.

now the point is to focus on the point between 2 seperate thoughts, and to increase that gap.
at the beginning it can be frustrating to keep your mind on the line, but with practice and patience you too will master it.

just start out with a short period of time, like 4 or 5 minutes.
some people prefer to set an alarm to superceed boredom.

its as simple as that, i reguarly do it in a traffic jam ;).

well after a long post i wish you and any other who would benefit from this post,
good luck, and if you need more help, gimme a call ;)

Knife

Postby Knife » 22 Jun 2016 20:27

Dane wrote:its as simple as that, i reguarly do it in a traffic jam ;).

Dont forget to pay attention to traffic tho, before you know it your meditating-buddha-self is the cause of a traffic jam.
Inherit the earth

Dane

Postby Dane » 23 Jun 2016 09:36

:lol:
but officer, you should seriously consider to accept the situation and just let it go.
it will change your life for the better, for when one accepts, one grows..
no officer i don't need handcuffs...

:lol:

DonnaCrews

Postby DonnaCrews » 16 Jan 2018 11:40

True! I agree..

Return to “Introduce Yourself”