Hi, everyone!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
NckHktt
Posts: 11
Joined: 02 Feb 2018 07:24

Hi, everyone!

Postby NckHktt » 03 Feb 2018 12:54

Hello, everyone. My name is Nick and I have been trying to lucid dream for a few months now. I started trying in August, then around late September to early October I lost hope and forgot about lucid dreaming. In December I started trying again, and here I am.

I found out about lucid dreaming via a friend a couple of years ago who told me they could control their dreams, and I, and I'm guessing as well as many other people dismissed the idea and thought it sounded like a waste of time (oh, how wrong I was).

Around August I was reading a book and it mentioned lucid dreaming, and it mentioned a brief description of what lucid dreaming was, and then about 2-3 sentences on the MILD and WILD techniques. I thought that the concept of controlling dreams sounded interesting, and so I Googled it and found websites like WOLD and howtolucid.com, and this was before I had any idea that it felt real or you could do anything you wanted and so much more.

I gave up around September-October because I was just going off a few articles I read and pretty much all I did was fail at induction techniques, write brief descriptions in a dream journal and do about 5-10 reality checks per day.

Around December, I remembered why I wanted to lucid dream after learning some basic information about it and signed up for Chris' free email course on Christmas Eve. I still haven't had my first lucid dream yet, and I've been feeling hopeless in the last two weeks, but I'm still sure I'm going to get there soon.

If you have any good tips, please send them to me.

Thank you,
NckHktt

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 138
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby LucidCat » 03 Feb 2018 21:42

Hey Nick! Welcome to this forum. I'm also fairly new here and kinda new to lucid dreaming so I can't give you much advice.
Alike you I struggled a lot in the beginning, got desperate, frustrated, hopeless.
I recently had a breakthrough though, after I stopped caring if I actually get a lucid dream.
I just carried on doing the dream journal, and meditating, even reality checks ... I've been dabbling with mindfulness and I've learned to enjoy all the procedures that come along with lucid dreaming preparations - even without anything happening. I have noticed that all of it improves my life quality very much.
And as a side effect lucid dreams entered my life. They're still short and seldom and my control is limited but they have happened.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

NckHktt
Posts: 11
Joined: 02 Feb 2018 07:24

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby NckHktt » 03 Feb 2018 23:40

LucidCat wrote:Hey Nick! Welcome to this forum. I'm also fairly new here and kinda new to lucid dreaming so I can't give you much advice.
Alike you I struggled a lot in the beginning, got desperate, frustrated, hopeless.
I recently had a breakthrough though, after I stopped caring if I actually get a lucid dream.
I just carried on doing the dream journal, and meditating, even reality checks ... I've been dabbling with mindfulness and I've learned to enjoy all the procedures that come along with lucid dreaming preparations - even without anything happening. I have noticed that all of it improves my life quality very much.
And as a side effect lucid dreams entered my life. They're still short and seldom and my control is limited but they have happened.


Thank you LucidCat. Good luck with your lucid dreams! :D

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 138
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby LucidCat » 04 Feb 2018 00:08

Good luck to you, too! You'll get there!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
naturespirit
Posts: 84
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 22:21

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby naturespirit » 04 Feb 2018 02:25

Welcome Nick!
Your progress seems to be in the range of standard rate of progress; don't worry!
Make sure your reality checks are mindful enough: vizualize the result 'I'm Dreaming!'
If you haven't already, try reciting a mantra "I will lucid dream tonight etc."

Enjoy it here! :D
Proffesor of Oneiromancy

[b]Learn about lucidity:
https://dreamstasia.wordpress.com/

NckHktt
Posts: 11
Joined: 02 Feb 2018 07:24

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby NckHktt » 04 Feb 2018 05:50

naturespirit wrote:Welcome Nick!
Your progress seems to be in the range of standard rate of progress; don't worry!
Make sure your reality checks are mindful enough: vizualize the result 'I'm Dreaming!'
If you haven't already, try reciting a mantra "I will lucid dream tonight etc."

Enjoy it here! :D


Thanks Naturespirit.

NckHktt
Posts: 11
Joined: 02 Feb 2018 07:24

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby NckHktt » 25 Feb 2018 11:18

Sadly, I’ve lost motivation again. This is about day four in which I simply just stopped caring because I wasn’t seeing results or anything close to results :(

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 138
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: Hi, everyone!

Postby LucidCat » 25 Feb 2018 14:33

NckHktt wrote:Sadly, I’ve lost motivation again. This is about day four in which I simply just stopped caring because I wasn’t seeing results or anything close to results :(


Forget about the results. Every little step you take in the right direction counts as a success. Every dream you remember, every time you meditate and get very relaxed, every time you remember to do a reality check.
There are real life benefits to all of these lucid dreaming preparations.
I'd suggest you take a look at whatever procedures you were doing before and try to figure what else these could be good for, other than getting a lucid dream. Relaxation and stress reduction? Better sleep? Getting to know yourself better? Getting the ability to experience your life more consciously? And so on... whatever it may be for you.
And then do these things just because you feel that the process of doing them already counts.

I'm not saying that I always succeed in doing so myself - but every now and then I try to get myself back at a more low-pressure approach and the results usually take me by surprise.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM


Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest