To Whom It May Concern:

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Mindful

To Whom It May Concern:

Postby Mindful » 25 Feb 2018 09:48

Hello all, thank you for opening my little introduction!

When I learned about lucid dreaming a few years ago, it was something that was truly just... fascinating. Which at the time I heard about it, I never even new it existed. I was reading everything on the web I could find about it. When I started to practice, is really when I started to get excited about it. What a truly powerful tool dreaming becomes, once lucidity has been achieved.

I think it's fantastic that a forum like this exists. Quite honestly, I think there are more-than-not people who ignore their dreams. I'm positive 90% of the people I know and interact with on a daily basis... could care less about what they dreamed last night. I'm sure that same 90% cares nothing about the potential of having a lucid dream. Is it just my town, or do others here exp. the same?

Regardless, I'm glad this forum exists! I hope to see some of you around the board! :)

--Mindful
"There is always a reason to smile, even if there are one hundred reasons not to."

LucidCat

Re: To Whom It May Concern:

Postby LucidCat » 25 Feb 2018 14:22

Hey Mindful - welcome! I'm also glad this forum exists - it's hard to find anybody in real life who bothers even talking about their dreams. Could you tell us a little more about your lucid dreams?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Marix

Postby Marix » 26 Feb 2018 21:31

Heya! Most of my friends don't even remember their dreams and they definitely don't talk about them, which is a pity because I always talk about my dreams and annoy everyone :D Everyone keeps asking me how I can remember all of this stuff and some people even think I make it up but those are the people who literally never remember their dreams. I have to admit, I haven't practiced lucid dreaming in a while or kept a dream journal, but I will make more time for it now since I keep having dreams about important decisions in my life, and I want to know as much about what my subconscious thinks about them as I can :) That was a long way of saying "welcome to the forum" but here you go: Welcome and keep lucid dreaming :3

Mindful

Postby Mindful » 27 Feb 2018 01:53

Hi LucidCat, Matrix,

Thank you both for the warm welcomes. I am looking forward to seeing more around the board. I apologize for my delayed response, it was a busy weekend. It's strange to me, how many people would choose to ignore such a powerful tool. I like you, Matrix, try to explain dreams and lucidity to my group of close friends, and none of them seem to take any interest.

I started my dream-journal a few months ago, and since then it's really been taking off. Since early childhood, I have always had vivid dreams. I could wake up, and remember every little detail that happened. I've also had a pretty bad experience with nightmares. They terrified me in my youth, and now in my adult-hood (23), I rarely ever experience a "nightmare."

What seems to be trickiest for me, is the act of becoming aware inside the dream. Does anybody else, or has anybody else experienced this before? My dream-log is helping me remember what happens in dreams, but for some reason it's particularly difficult to get myself to understand I'm in a dream, when the dream is occurring. Is there something to help aid this?

I'm really hoping to break free of that, to increase the number of lucid dreams I have. My goal is to be able to lucid dream 4-6 nights a week. I can't remember the last time I --didn't-- have a dream... the trick now, I suppose, is turning them lucid and controlling the events that happen. Sorry for the novel, hopefully this forum will be able to help me with tactics/etc.

Best,
Mindful
"There is always a reason to smile, even if there are one hundred reasons not to."

Marix

Postby Marix » 27 Feb 2018 22:03

Hey Mindful,

Have you tried MILD to fix this? If you repeat "I will remember I'm dreaming when I'm dreaming" in your head as a mantra before you go to sleep, it can increase your chance of actually remembering that you're dreaming. Also, I cannot understand either why most people don't care about their dreams. It's their subconscious trying to tell them something and they don't want to listen! I think it's really interesting to see what your mind creates in your sleep. How dangerous situations/settings can turn into peaceful ones in a split second or vice versa. How many lucid dreams do you have now?

Best,

Marix

Return to “Introduce Yourself”