Hello everyone! Happy to have found this forum

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Guessshoo

Hello everyone! Happy to have found this forum

Postby Guessshoo » 06 Mar 2018 04:02

Hello everyone, my name is JC and this is my first time writing in a forum. I was diagnosed with narcolepsy as a teenager and have had lucid dreams off and on for most of my life. There is a journal I keep by my bed of all my dreams but I have never really shared them with anyone. Honestly I registered to this forum to try and learn more about dreams and what others think they mean. I read a few conversations from the board index and it really made me feel comfortable knowing other people have had similar experiences. I have had extremely paranormal, dark and enlightening experiences in paralysis and deep sleep. I look forward to finally having conversations with others who have had their own experiences and what they have to say about them.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Hello everyone! Happy to have found this forum

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Mar 2018 13:43

Welcome JC. Congrats on being a natural lucid dreamer.

My personal opinion on dreams is they are a biological response in the brain when we are sleeping, during the REM phase. The content of the dreams are based on our moment to moment expectations of the situations created in our minds. I personally don't believe there is any connection between our dreams and anything supernatural. The fact that I can control my lucid dreams based on my expectations demonstrates that the people and things in my dreams are simply constructs of my mind/brain.

Just my opinion.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 06 Mar 2018 20:08

[quote]Welcome JC. Congrats on being a natural lucid dreamer.

[color=#0000BF]My personal opinion on dreams is they are a biological response in the brain when we are sleeping, during the REM phase. The content of the dreams are based on our moment to moment expectations of the situations created in our minds. I personally don't believe there is any connection between our dreams and anything supernatural. The fact that I can control my lucid dreams based on my expectations demonstrates that the people and things in my dreams are simply constructs of my mind/brain.

Just my opinion[/quote]

[/color]I personally believe there is a connection between our dreams and anything supernatural. But that is my personal opinion.
Sean Jacobs I really like you stating, that it is your opinion. I think giving advise or stating your point of view, and saying that it is your opinion is the right way to help dreamers. :)

Guessshoo

Postby Guessshoo » 07 Mar 2018 15:15

Thanks for reaching out. It is very confusing in dream state what to take in as a sign or something that could be meaningful knowing that I am just in a dream. Your opinion makes great sense. Whenever I am facing my fears in real life I attack the negatives in my dreams. When there are obstacles in life that I am having a tough time dealing with I may be in a dream where I am stuck in a labyrinth or a place where doors won't open. I am a firm believer in logical explanations and not getting carried away by my emotions in dream state but I get caught up sometimes too. Dreams where I am in for what seems like days and I have tried many times in the dream to kill myself to wake up starting with pinching my arm and twisting it like puddy. I feel the pain in the dream but cant get out. Any time where I have put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger I think I can feel heat on my head and a ringing. I don't wake up after I pull the trigger its almost like I am having out of body of the body in my dream and I can see my body laying there. I am not a depressed person in real life lol and I never think about these type of things. I live a happy life and I am a very positive person. Most of the time when I realize I am dreaming and it changes to a more positive feeling where I gain different types of control. There are other times I can be in a very negative isolation for a long time. I just think it helps to write them down in a journal so you can step back and reflect on the dreams. To help understand what dreams might be tied in with life experiences. For my sake and some of the things I have witnessed in dreams I hope your opinion is the reality.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”