Is it possible to 'meet' 'real' people in a lucid dream?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
kim

Is it possible to 'meet' 'real' people in a lucid dream?

Postby kim » 26 Jun 2018 20:51

I have been dreaming lucidly now for about 7 years. I asked my therapist about it-he basically explained that it was a mental 'dojo' that I wasn't traveling anywhere. After more experience, I'd say I'd have to agree. But the past few weeks, at times, instead of just being reflections of my subconscious, I seem to encounter a 'real' person. The last two times this has happened, I saw the image of a cherry. I googled 'lucid dreaming cherry' and found a band called Cherry Glazerr sp that wrote a song called 'Lucid Dreaming." WTF? During these particular dreams, I feel as if I am being 'pulled in' to a place, as opposed to what I normally do which is creating my own reality. This place I feel I am being 'pulled into' is kind of dark and seedy-nothing like the brilliant, heavenly-like atmosphere of my typical lucid dreams. I don't know who to talk to. I don't know anyone who dreams lucidly. This can't be possible, right?

ericinla

Re: Is it possible to 'meet' 'real' people in a lucid dream?

Postby ericinla » 27 Jun 2018 17:36

In my 40 years of Lucid Dreaming and Total Dream Control. The answer is a big "NO". I've can do anything in my dreams. I mean anything. But I know when I am with other people. It is only a representation of them in my mind. I've tested this by trying to pass a secret word to another person during a dream. They may say they met me in the dream. But they don't know the secret word. So, to me that proves it doesn't work.
Eric in L.A.

kim

Postby kim » 27 Jun 2018 20:37

Thank you for your response. I was so creeped out last night I had trouble falling asleep. It still boggles my mind how the people in my lucid dreams are so detailed. It took me a while to figure out that when I asked them a question, they always answered with what I was anticipating. Puppets. The dreams I described were of a different quality, a dark place and I remembered going there when I first started experiencing lucidity. Over time, the places became more beautiful-breath-taking and it probably reflects my mental state.
When I see somebody that is no longer living in a dream, I know it's not them. It's actually become a good indicator that I AM dreaming and can start a lucid experience. Again, thank you for taking the time to respond. With your experience, it eases my mind.

Yasha

Postby Yasha » 28 Jun 2018 03:55

Do not worry, Kim
Human mind is a strange thing. Everyone has their own experience. To some it may seem fake, to some it's so real it's beyond explanation. The thing is, YOU are in control, no matter what. I see people I don't know in my dreams all the time, I talk to them, they say weird things at times. I see friends from 20-30 years ago that I had no contact with, and they recognize me, although they do look much older. When I wake up, I just take time to replay it in my head before getting up and over time it does make some sense, but not always. Dreams are about symbols, and our subconscious is doing quite a job playing tricks on us during lucidity.

Don't worry, it's all good. Try to enjoy it as much as you can.

kim

Postby kim » 28 Jun 2018 14:25

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”