Are my dreams typical, or a bit weird?!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
MichaelOb84

Are my dreams typical, or a bit weird?!

Postby MichaelOb84 » 29 Jun 2018 20:49

Hello all...

I was on a flight to Greece about a year ao where me and a group of friends started to discuss dreams. I told people how I've always been able to remove myself from dreams I don't like by lying down on the floor in my dream, lifting my legs up and 'falling through the floor' into a different dream. I was told that this awareness that Im dreaming, and my ability to control the dream was called lucid dreaming and it was in fact quite rare. So here I am!

Sometimes when I become aware I'm dreaming, I decide to fly - sometimes I fly, sometimes I actually don't and fall on my face! Sometimes I run to have sex with the nearest person I see. etc etc. Is all this typical stuff, or is this, well, a bit strange?

Yasha

Re: Are my dreams typical, or a bit weird?!

Postby Yasha » 30 Jun 2018 09:10

Hi!

All of it is completely normal and you should not be afraid to experiment with your dreams by any means. Yes, if it comes naturally consider yourself lucky. It may be fun at first, but I believe there is so much more to it than just doing "cool" stuff you can't exactly do in the "real" world.

With that having been said, enjoy it and see how far it takes you.

kim

Postby kim » 06 Jul 2018 20:36

;) Totally normal. Exactly what I did when I first started. Flying and trying to have sex with the nearest person. But the latter usually awakened me, so I stopped doing that. Try walking through walls. It's very matrixy. You may bump into it at first, but remind yourself there is no wall. Welcome and keep sharing. I thought I was alone before I came here.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 07 Jul 2018 04:31

That is typical lucid dream stuff. Things can get much weirder :) But weird is fun so don't worry if it's weird or not. Just do what you feel like. It's your dream. That is a pretty cool technique you have of getting into a different dream...
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”