Was I having an actual lucid dream or just dreaming about it?

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Robin0210

Was I having an actual lucid dream or just dreaming about it?

Postby Robin0210 » 30 Jun 2018 12:59

Hi. I've been wanting to lucid dream for years but never managed it since i didn't know what kind of effort it took. I would just always go to sleep and hope it happened but it never did. Recently i've been reading up on it trying to understand it better and learning about it to be able to finally do it. I've realized it takes more effort than i thought so i'm trying to put in the work for it. This being said, i just woke up and either had a dream about becoming lucid or actually became lucid. Is it possible to dream about becoming lucid and not actually being lucid? Also, i couldn't really do anything in the dream but i thought i was lucid. I do remember at one point purposely not doing anything about it because i didn't wanna get exited and wake myself up. To be honest it seemed to easy and out of the blue and i can't really remember that much of it. Was i lucid or just dreaming about becoming lucid? Also how can i tell the difference between dreaming about it and actually become lucid?

Yasha

Re: Was I having an actual lucid dream or just dreaming about it?

Postby Yasha » 02 Jul 2018 08:07

I think you're on the right track. If you think you may have LD-ed, you probably did. If you don't want to try anything at first so you don't wake up, then don't. Sometimes I go lucid without wanting to change anything about my surroundings, you don't always have to do any of that. Just enjoy it, knowing that you are dreaming.

Sooner or later it becomes a habit, and then the possibilities are endless. Good luck!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”