Hello

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Jul 2018 13:44

Hello everyone.

I just joined this forum today so I thought I would make my introduction.

I recently turned 47 years old. I've been practicing lucid dreaming off and on since my teen years. I always loved dreams and taught myself to become lucid because of my fascination and enjoyment of dreaming. Before I managed to induce my first lucid I wasn't even sure if it was possible to realize I was dreaming while in a dream. But through an effort of extreme motivation I managed to induce my first moment of lucidity within a dream and prove to myself that it was indeed possible. Which of course motivated me to induce more of them.

Then one day coming across a book on the subject and discovering that lucid dreaming was actually a thing and was being studied in dream laboratories by scientists (Stephen Laberge) I became all the more excited and motivated to increase the frequency of my lucid dreaming. And so began my journy into lucid dreaming in earnest.


Though of course as we get odler life takes us on many turns. And things have come that have taken me away from the practice. I have gotten away from it and come back to it before. I've been a member of other dreaming forums under a different name and kept journals for both lucid and non lucid dreams. And I've had many wonderful times sharing and discussing the love of dreaming with other dreamers.

But again life takes many turns and I went down roads that took me away from my dreaming practices. And in recent years with the onset of age and the natural things that come with it. Such as the sense of a happy world gradually falling apart around a person and the beginnings of losing everything you hold dear. And in recent years sinking more and more into a deep state of depression.

I am now again trying to return to my dreaming roots. Trying to return to myself. Trying to do somethinig to bring back some of the magic. Some of the joy life once held for me.

I am the type of dreamer that has always had to work hard for my lucidity. It's never come easy. Though having said that it's true that during periods of extended persistent work momentum builds so to speak. And lucididty does start to come easier and easier for me. But that only lasts for as long as I stay motivated to keep my mind focused on the task.

I do have experience with going from zero recall to slowly building recall and into lucidity. I've gone from ground zero to frequent lucidity more than once, as mentioned. So anyone starting from ground zero has any questions for me about developing recall feel free to messsage me and I'll share what I can from my experiences.

I'm still not quite sure how active I intend to be on the site just yet. But I am trying to slowly bring myself back to the right frame of mind for lucidity. A new start on a new forum is a part of that. And I've not yet decided if I'm going to continue with journaling religiously as I have done in the past, or try to do the work mainly in my head. Though I know I should at least record lucid dreams so they are not forgotten. And of course I take notes on my non lucid dreams to refer back to for recall purposes.

Anyways if you took the time to read this far thank you for reading. :)


Happy dreaming!

-Solaris.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 150
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: Hello

Postby LucidCat » 04 Jul 2018 22:27

Hey Solaris - I'm happy to greet you in this forum! Thanks for writing such an insightful and genuine first post. I'm hoping to read more of you soon. All the best for your new lucid dreaming journey and the return to yourself!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 05 Jul 2018 15:59

LucidCat wrote:Hey Solaris - I'm happy to greet you in this forum! Thanks for writing such an insightful and genuine first post. I'm hoping to read more of you soon. All the best for your new lucid dreaming journey and the return to yourself!


Hello LucidCat.

Thank you! Currently working on improving recall. I am remembering some dreams every night but not nearly as much or as vividly as I'd like to or need to. Though last two nights had dreams that could have easily turned lucid so maybe my mind is already trying to set me up for lucidty. That would be nice if it doesn't take too long to get back into the swing of it.

I've always had this weird thing where when I'm actively trying to induce lucidity my mind seems to start trying to help me by setting up the most likely scenarios in my dreams for me to realize I'm in a dream. The most common is to set something up that causes me to get airborne since I'm so familiar with the sensation of flight in my dreams that it almost always triggers lucidity if I get thrown high into the air. And that kind of dream never happens unless I'm actively trying to induce lucidity.

I need to take advantage of the fact that I work night shifts most nights now so I have more opportunities to sleep in later and do more WBTB's :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 10 Jul 2018 16:34

So it's been a week since I made the conscious decision to get back to my dreaming practices. My recall has been improving steadily all week. Last night being the best of it. I went to sleep early and slept in longer than I have been.

I have a playstation VR and I play Skyrim VR. I had a lot of really fun vivid dreams that were skyrim VR influenced. Wasn't lucid but such fun dreams being in the Skyrim world battleing monsters, creaturs , and walking skeletons. Was just happy to have such vivid recall of it.

There was a humorous part when I had to pee but I couldn't because every time I tried to stop to pee skeletons would rise up and come at me and I would have to hack them down with my sword.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
Shynia
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 13:00

Re: Hello

Postby Shynia » 10 Jul 2018 17:14

Solaris_142 wrote:I have a playstation VR and I play Skyrim VR. I had a lot of really fun vivid dreams that were skyrim VR influenced. Wasn't lucid but such fun dreams being in the Skyrim world battleing monsters, creaturs , and walking skeletons. Was just happy to have such vivid recall of it.

There was a humorous part when I had to pee but I couldn't because every time I tried to stop to pee skeletons would rise up and come at me and I would have to hack them down with my sword.


Well done, dragonborn! Feel free to pee on them next time, to show dominance ;)

But seriously, most of my really memorable and intense lucid experiences have had game related scenarios or characters in it :) happy to see I'm not the only one (yeah, you're never "the only one" but you know what I mean...)

User avatar
LucidCat
Posts: 150
Joined: 15 Jan 2018 08:15

Re: Hello

Postby LucidCat » 10 Jul 2018 21:05

Solaris_142 wrote:I've always had this weird thing where when I'm actively trying to induce lucidity my mind seems to start trying to help me by setting up the most likely scenarios in my dreams for me to realize I'm in a dream. The most common is to set something up that causes me to get airborne since I'm so familiar with the sensation of flight in my dreams that it almost always triggers lucidity if I get thrown high into the air. And that kind of dream never happens unless I'm actively trying to induce lucidity.


So, you're on a good way. :D I'm feeling it coming, too - more and more hints pop up in my dreams - the most obvious being an ad saying:
OUTDOOR SPECIAL: LUCID DREAMING!
Which, by the way, was displayed on a 3-D virtual reality version of my former high school's homepage.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 11 Jul 2018 15:08

Shynia wrote:
Well done, dragonborn! Feel free to pee on them next time, to show dominance ;)

But seriously, most of my really memorable and intense lucid experiences have had game related scenarios or characters in it :) happy to see I'm not the only one (yeah, you're never "the only one" but you know what I mean...)


Lol thank you. I didn't think about peeing on them lol. But I don't think that would have kept them back. A whack with the sword breaks them apart pretty easy but I'm not sure about peeing lol. The problem was they kept being too close too quickly so had to whack them or get attacked. I kept trying to find a place where there was no skeletons but they just kept rising up and coming at me. It's a typical dreamsign actually. Needing to use the bathroom and a lack of privacy and or distractions taking place. Funny how it incorporated itself into the Skyrim dream.

I take it you hve played Skyrim before. I never played it before it came to VR it's quite treat. I actually gave up video games for lot of years because it was too much of a distraction to my lucid dreaming. I'd get too caaught up in the games and lose focus on dreaming so gave it up to focus more on dreaming. So I didn't play anything between So I didn't play anything between the generations of the original Xbox and the pS4. But I got a PS4 when it first came out. And I love the VR. I never thought VR was going to be happening when I got it.

I agree the games can have a fun and powerful influence on dreams. Especially VR. I had a random lucid not that long ago where it started out that I thought I was in VR. At some point in the dream I just stopped and said "I don't think this is VR I think it's a dream." I reached up and felt my head and face and could not feel any VR headset on my head. At the time that was enough of an RC to convince me I was dreaming. Of a person could always dream they had a headset on and be able to feel it in a realistic way. But at that moment at least it worked lol.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 11 Jul 2018 15:14

LucidCat wrote:
So, you're on a good way. :D I'm feeling it coming, too - more and more hints pop up in my dreams - the most obvious being an ad saying:
OUTDOOR SPECIAL: LUCID DREAMING!
Which, by the way, was displayed on a 3-D virtual reality version of my former high school's homepage.


Good to hear you are doing better too! "OUTDOOR SPECIAL: LUCID DREAMING" Ha, that is great!

Last night wasn't as good for me. Well couuld have been but I didn't sleep very long. I woke up at 4:30 am to do a WBTB. BUt something going on at my house reallly irritated me so I couldn't get back to sleep. So I just went for a bike ride instead. Now I'm tired and have to work tonight. Maybe next time. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

User avatar
Shynia
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Jul 2018 13:00

Re: Hello

Postby Shynia » 11 Jul 2018 15:31

Solaris_142 wrote: Lol thank you. I didn't think about peeing on them lol. But I don't think that would have kept them back. A whack with the sword breaks them apart pretty easy but I'm not sure about peeing lol. The problem was they kept being too close too quickly so had to whack them or get attacked. I kept trying to find a place where there was no skeletons but they just kept rising up and coming at me. It's a typical dreamsign actually. Needing to use the bathroom and a lack of privacy and or distractions taking place. Funny how it incorporated itself into the Skyrim dream.

I take it you hve played Skyrim before. I never played it before it came to VR it's quite treat. I actually gave up video games for lot of years because it was too much of a distraction to my lucid dreaming. I'd get too caaught up in the games and lose focus on dreaming so gave it up to focus more on dreaming. So I didn't play anything between So I didn't play anything between the generations of the original Xbox and the pS4. But I got a PS4 when it first came out. And I love the VR. I never thought VR was going to be happening when I got it.

I agree the games can have a fun and powerful influence on dreams. Especially VR. I had a random lucid not that long ago where it started out that I thought I was in VR. At some point in the dream I just stopped and said "I don't think this is VR I think it's a dream." I reached up and felt my head and face and could not feel any VR headset on my head. At the time that was enough of an RC to convince me I was dreaming. Of a person could always dream they had a headset on and be able to feel it in a realistic way. But at that moment at least it worked lol.


Yes, usually that's my problem too, random people being on the toilet, no doors, people coming inside and talking to me, etc... So annoying :D

And yes, I've played Skyrim (but not on VR, only on PS3). I'm playing lots of other games too, that's my biggest hobby I'd say. I had to give up gaming and LD dreaming, too, because of my son. When I finally got some sleep I just fell into a coma-like state :D
But a year ago I finally re-started gaming and lucid dreaming :)

User avatar
Solaris_142
Posts: 208
Joined: 02 Jul 2018 12:16

Re: Hello

Postby Solaris_142 » 12 Jul 2018 15:55

Shynia wrote:
Yes, usually that's my problem too, random people being on the toilet, no doors, people coming inside and talking to me, etc... So annoying :D

And yes, I've played Skyrim (but not on VR, only on PS3). I'm playing lots of other games too, that's my biggest hobby I'd say. I had to give up gaming and LD dreaming, too, because of my son. When I finally got some sleep I just fell into a coma-like state :D
But a year ago I finally re-started gaming and lucid dreaming :)


Yeah I think that is pretty common with bathroom dreams. I wish I could catch that one more often. I try to remember to watch for that kind of thing happening when I'm in bathrooms. But I think whenn it happens in dreams it's so annoying that I just forget to check if I'm dreaming. That's my theory anyways. Though I have caught it a few times. Would be great to eveentually catch it every time. However, in those cases geneally means you nneed to pee so then have to go throughout the rest of the lucid needing to pee and having to hold it or wake up and go lol. I've had to go really bad while lucid before it is annoying.


Cool you played Skyrim. Yeah having kids can leave a person with little time... Skyrim pretty amazing in VR. More of a place I can actually go to. Actually being there and everythinig on a life sized scale. Standing before castle walls and looking up at them. And the mountians and other towering structures... Is just wow. I built the lake house which I can go to and sit out on the deck any time. Listening to the night sounds and viewing the northing lights in the sky. Or just going for a walk along a river and catching butterflies out of the air. First open world VR game like that pretty amazing. Looking forward to something similar that is more modern. Maybe the next Elderscrolls game. :) If you are on PS4 feel free to add me to friends I'm using the same name on this forum as there. Anyone else reading this on ps4 feel free to add me too if you want. I accept all friend requests. If someone turns out to be a jerk I can easily just remove and block.


I had a better night last night than the previous. Some very vivid recall of a dream involving tornados which is another common dreamsign that I have sometimes remembered to RC for. Hopefully not a precurser to waking reality since there are storms on the way. I live in an area outside the main hub of tornado ally and so far been lucky enough not to be involved in tornados. But they do happen. And the way weather has been going and monsters sweeping across the country I wouldn't be at all surpised if we started seeing more of that here too.


In the dream the sky was stunningly beautiful. A brilliant mixture of oranges reds and yellows. An image that will be staying with me for a while. And of course the image of the funnels that started dropping down out of it. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.


Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest