Hello everyone!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Shynia

Hello everyone!

Postby Shynia » 10 Jul 2018 13:57

Hi there!

So, starting wit a short introduction how and why I have come to this site.

First of all, English is my third language, so just ignore the mistakes :)

I have been lucid dreaming since I was a child and it somehow started intuitionally.
My favourite dreams were always the ones where I could "fly" or more likely "glide" like a paper airplane. The gliding was wonderful and the only trouble I had was "flying up", that always felt like swimming trough honey (maybe people can relate?). So my greatest concern was regularly finding a high enough spot to be able to glide for a long time.
So one time I had that really short and unusually plain dream where I was standing at a cliff and looking down. There was only mist, getting darker and darker below me, even behind me there wasn't anything I could make out. Instead of being frightened I felt so happy, because I finally found a high enough spot to glide from. Not just high enough, but THE HIGHEST spot ever. I started running and wanted to jump but in the last second I stopped, panicking. What if this wasn't a dream? What if I just die if I jump, instead of having the longest and best flight ever? I wanted to jump so badly but I was too scared that it could be real. So i just turned around and instantly woke up.
Afterwards, of course, for maybe the first time ever, I realized that when awake I would NEVER really ask myself if I was dreaming. It just is clear. You just know that you're awake. So I told myself (a little bit angry because of the lost opportunity) that the next time I find myself wondering if it's real or just a dream, it has to be a dream.

This is how it started and since then I'm able to wake up in my dreams and continue on in a lucid state. Also, I tried the WILD method and succeeded after a while, for I suffered often under sleep paralysis and learned that way to escape it. Instead of struggling awake (which always feels like straining every last muscle in my body) I just calm myself and drift into lucid dreaming.

I've always wanted to explore my dreams (and the dreams of others) and somehow I often found myself in an esoteric forum, which is not exactly what I want, for I am more interested in a psychological way of approaching the dreamworld. I think we can explore our subcosnciousness and achieve "higher states of being" without calling it magic or connecting dreams with foretelling.

Allthough I am interested in astral projection, I am really causcious with the information I find and believe. There is so much nonsense on the internet but still, I'd like to take a scientifical approach to this field.

Sooooooo maybe I find somenone here who has similar experiences or can help me exploring my dreamworld more efficiently? Or maybe I can help someone who struggles with sleep paralysis. Whatever comes :)

Yeah so much to "short introduction"..... Happy I found this forum!

Solaris_142

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby Solaris_142 » 10 Jul 2018 14:20

Hello Shynia! Nice to meet you.

I enjoyed reading your cliff jumping (or not jumping) experience. :) I very much love jumping from very high places too and I've been in the very same situation before so it made me smile reading about your experience. It's very intense when you feel both sure and unsure and decide to just trust it and jump...

I also very much enjoy free falling so I will often just surrender control and allow myself to just tumble end over end through open air. Sometimes flying high into the sky and then letting go and just tumbling end over end towards the earth. or doing when jumping form a high place. Something I found to be fun and intense Is being at the top of a very high cliff or building. Turn my back to the drop so that can not see it but know it's there. And then tumble off backwards. :) I love that feeling of complete trust and surrender to it.

It's true that if you seriously think you might be dreaming you most likely are. I try to remember that too but there are times when in a dream it's difficult to believe anyways. But that's when a good reality check comes in handy. That can prove it beyond any doubt.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Shynia

Postby Shynia » 10 Jul 2018 17:28

I always have to see everything beneath me :) it's like one important part of the flight, to be able to see everything from up above. What you describe I only experience when I'm in deep water while dreaming (I am really afraid of deep waters, I have pretty intense thalassophobia, so swimming in a lake or the sea is impossible for me).
It starts with panic (because of being in the water) and trying to get out, mostly followed by some monster or shark or whatever pulling me down or simply being there, while I struggle to get out of the water. When I was younger, the struggle lasted longer, but now I'm mostly just tired of triyng to save myself. Allthough I'm not fully lucid I somehow remember these struggles and I know it's impossible to escape, so I let myself go and sink deeper and deeper, getting calmer and calmer with every second, while of course I realise I can breathe.
Then, I don't WANT to see everything. I just feel the water, even feel it's colour, darker and darker the deeper I get. It's so peaceful then, almost frightening. I always imagined that it feels like dying :shock: Although It feels good and peaceful, remembering these dreams makes me really feel uneasy... Like if it was a sneak peak for, well, later...

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 12 Jul 2018 16:19

Shynia wrote:I always have to see everything beneath me :) it's like one important part of the flight, to be able to see everything from up above. What you describe I only experience when I'm in deep water while dreaming (I am really afraid of deep waters, I have pretty intense thalassophobia, so swimming in a lake or the sea is impossible for me).
It starts with panic (because of being in the water) and trying to get out, mostly followed by some monster or shark or whatever pulling me down or simply being there, while I struggle to get out of the water. When I was younger, the struggle lasted longer, but now I'm mostly just tired of triyng to save myself. Allthough I'm not fully lucid I somehow remember these struggles and I know it's impossible to escape, so I let myself go and sink deeper and deeper, getting calmer and calmer with every second, while of course I realise I can breathe.
Then, I don't WANT to see everything. I just feel the water, even feel it's colour, darker and darker the deeper I get. It's so peaceful then, almost frightening. I always imagined that it feels like dying :shock: Although It feels good and peaceful, remembering these dreams makes me really feel uneasy... Like if it was a sneak peak for, well, later...

Well I can see but turn my back for the initial fall sometimes. Just something different I wanted to try since I do so much flying I wanted to expereince it in more ways. And the surrender of free falling feels really good. It is freaky falling backwards like that with complete trust especially the first time I did it. But very fun. I actually have a major fear of heights in reality but you would never know it from reading my lucid dreams. While lucid I love it. But I have a lot of confidence in my dreams when lucid. No doubts at all in my mind that I can literally do anything or have anything done to me without being harmed in any way. It's a great place to face and overcome fears.

I have shark problems too lol. Well I get animal attacks in general. Bears and lions are a very common theme. I don't live anywehre near an ocean but I often dream of being in or near it. And more often than not there are sharks or I am thinking about possibly encountering them. I once explored the bottom of the ocean lucid and saw a huge male lion with the main around it's head walking around down there lol.

Shynia

Postby Shynia » 12 Jul 2018 18:41

Solaris_142 wrote: Well I can see but turn my back for the initial fall sometimes. Just something different I wanted to try since I do so much flying I wanted to expereince it in more ways. And the surrender of free falling feels really good. It is freaky falling backwards like that with complete trust especially the first time I did it. But very fun. I actually have a major fear of heights in reality but you would never know it from reading my lucid dreams. While lucid I love it. But I have a lot of confidence in my dreams when lucid. No doubts at all in my mind that I can literally do anything or have anything done to me without being harmed in any way. It's a great place to face and overcome fears.

I have shark problems too lol. Well I get animal attacks in general. Bears and lions are a very common theme. I don't live anywehre near an ocean but I often dream of being in or near it. And more often than not there are sharks or I am thinking about possibly encountering them. I once explored the bottom of the ocean lucid and saw a huge male lion with the main around it's head walking around down there lol.

Wow! I actually didn't think of facing my fears actively, more like I had a nightmare being chased by someone/something, randomly got lucid and just stopped running, turning around, "facing my fears". But not creating a scenario where I would be under water just to face it, explore it. Maybe my fear of that would be too intense, so I'd always have in mind that something could just come out of the darkness (and then of course it would happen, lucid or not and I'd panick). It's really not just sharks, that's the least scary in the water, I'm more scared of random huge monsters with or without tentacles. I once dreamed of a fat maggot or caterpillar in front of me wriggling in the water. It was kind of a pond, the water greenish and not clear. I somehow floated above the water, without body, just like a camera and then, without wanting it, I started to rotate (really like a camera style in a movie), went under water and in that instant I saw the REAL body of that "thing". It wasn't a maggot, that was just the tip of it. There, under the water, was a huge monster, formless, just... lurking down there, waiting for prey... Ugh.... Thinking about that.... *shiver*

But maybe I'll give it a try. I mean, exploring actively something I fear. Well... there really is nothing I fear more than water :? Actually, there are only things i don't like. Like spiders. I don't like them but even when I dream of a spider invasion I'm not scared, I'm more like "uuugghhhh so many spiders :shock: " but deep water... Okay, okay, I stop now :lol:

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 13 Jul 2018 06:36

Shynia wrote:
Wow! I actually didn't think of facing my fears actively, more like I had a nightmare being chased by someone/something, randomly got lucid and just stopped running, turning around, "facing my fears". But not creating a scenario where I would be under water just to face it, explore it. Maybe my fear of that would be too intense, so I'd always have in mind that something could just come out of the darkness (and then of course it would happen, lucid or not and I'd panick). It's really not just sharks, that's the least scary in the water, I'm more scared of random huge monsters with or without tentacles. I once dreamed of a fat maggot or caterpillar in front of me wriggling in the water. It was kind of a pond, the water greenish and not clear. I somehow floated above the water, without body, just like a camera and then, without wanting it, I started to rotate (really like a camera style in a movie), went under water and in that instant I saw the REAL body of that "thing". It wasn't a maggot, that was just the tip of it. There, under the water, was a huge monster, formless, just... lurking down there, waiting for prey... Ugh.... Thinking about that.... *shiver*

But maybe I'll give it a try. I mean, exploring actively something I fear. Well... there really is nothing I fear more than water :? Actually, there are only things i don't like. Like spiders. I don't like them but even when I dream of a spider invasion I'm not scared, I'm more like "uuugghhhh so many spiders :shock: " but deep water... Okay, okay, I stop now :lol:

Wow that would be awesome seeing sea monsters like that while lucid. Knowing me I'd probably let it try and eat me just for the fun of it lol.

But yeah facing scary situtions has always been a thing for me in lucid dreams. Well when I was young I had very intense nightmares all the time. When I started learning to get lucid I started getting fear induced lucidity too, where I'd get lucid in the middle of absolutely terrifying situations in nightmares. (always a relief when that happens.) Learned to confront and handle literally anything without fear in a lucid. Now in lucid dreams I can be like the person at the theme park that wants to go on and not be afraid of any ride. If I see something dangerous I might just throw myself into it head first just for fun because I know I can.

But yeah next time you are near an ocean you should show those monsters you are not afraid of them. I've always said a scary dream can't be scary when you're not scared of it. :) And fear just causes things to get scarier. Just have to remember there really isn't anything to be afraid of. Your dream body is indestructible.

I once became lucid during a dream where I was being attacked by a bull. I recognized the animal attack as a dreamsign and did a reality check and got lucid. I decided to ask it why it wanted to hurt me so bad. When I asked the bull the question the bull morphed into a human shrugged his shoulders and walked away. lol. You can always try to make friends with the sea monster too.

Shynia

Postby Shynia » 13 Jul 2018 09:19

Solaris_142 wrote: Wow that would be awesome seeing sea monsters like that while lucid. Knowing me I'd probably let it try and eat me just for the fun of it lol.

But yeah facing scary situtions has always been a thing for me in lucid dreams. Well when I was young I had very intense nightmares all the time. When I started learning to get lucid I started getting fear induced lucidity too, where I'd get lucid in the middle of absolutely terrifying situations in nightmares. (always a relief when that happens.) Learned to confront and handle literally anything without fear in a lucid. Now in lucid dreams I can be like the person at the theme park that wants to go on and not be afraid of any ride. If I see something dangerous I might just throw myself into it head first just for fun because I know I can.

But yeah next time you are near an ocean you should show those monsters you are not afraid of them. I've always said a scary dream can't be scary when you're not scared of it. :) And fear just causes things to get scarier. Just have to remember there really isn't anything to be afraid of. Your dream body is indestructible.

I once became lucid during a dream where I was being attacked by a bull. I recognized the animal attack as a dreamsign and did a reality check and got lucid. I decided to ask it why it wanted to hurt me so bad. When I asked the bull the question the bull morphed into a human shrugged his shoulders and walked away. lol. You can always try to make friends with the sea monster too.

Hahaha that really sounds like fun :lol: I'll give it a try, thanks for your advice! Btw, added you on PSN :)
And yeah, quite a similar thing happened to me with "a bad guy" chasing me, I got lucid and turned around, asking it why the hell he chased me. Then he too, shrugged and walked away :lol: I think our minds just want to poke us a little while dreaming :D

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 14 Jul 2018 23:42

Shynia wrote:Hahaha that really sounds like fun :lol: I'll give it a try, thanks for your advice! Btw, added you on PSN :)
And yeah, quite a similar thing happened to me with "a bad guy" chasing me, I got lucid and turned around, asking it why the hell he chased me. Then he too, shrugged and walked away :lol: I think our minds just want to poke us a little while dreaming :D

That's really interesting that we both got the same reaction when asking an attacker why...

Random Reality Check Moment: Just now as I'm trying to write this post my computer going really weird. Starts talking! And reading every word on the page out loud including every word in the post I'm trying to write! And I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Lol so weird. It's never done that before.

Anyways. Okay I'll check my PS4. I've not been on very much the last couple weeks. Working on dreaming stuff and watching shows. And trying to get enough sleep. Want to go bike riding on my days off it's supposed to be nice out.

Though I'm craving some Skyrim VR especially since I was dreaming about it. And it influences cool dreams. Need to see if I can do my awareness meditations while hanging out in the VR world. And not letting the games just be a detrimental distraction to dreaming work. Only problem is I like to use my watch for RC's in the waking world and I can't see my watch in VR. Will have to use the nose pinch in VR I guess. But I quit using that one while awake after it started not working in my dreams for a while because I was dong it too much while awake. My brain started simulating not being being able to breath through a pinched nose in my dreams too. It took me a lot of work to re-train myself to start using my watch in my dreams more as an RC. But the watch is an awsome RC method. Was worth all the effort. I had to start remembering to look at my watch after becoming lucid in order to get myelf used to looking at it in my dreams and remembering to use it.

sadpin

Postby sadpin » 01 Aug 2018 09:06

hi shynia,

i have trouble using the wild method and was wondering if you can help?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”