hello everybody!

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Lulu

hello everybody!

Postby Lulu » 06 Aug 2018 22:51

I am so happy i found this forum! I am from Germany, so my english isn´t perfect. I hope thats ok.

I have experienced 3 lucid dreams so far and i would love to discuss them with you, because in 2 of them i believe, i wasn´t in my body.

In one of the two dreams i was pulled back in my body at the end of the dream. It felt as if i had a 20 meter long neck, that flipped back in the body. I found this really interesting!

In my second dream i was lying on my sofa in the afternoon. I dreamt, that i was lying on my sofa, like it was iin reality. Now my body lifted out of my physical body from my belly upwards. My energybody looked shiny silverish/blue. I heard loud noises. I looked back over my shoulder and saw my body lying behind me. I was thrilled! i found this soooo fascinating!

There was another dream, in wich i dreamt, that i was in a hotelroom. I was lying on my back on the bed. I looked into the bathroom. There was a man in the bathroom and he was strangling a young woman and pulling her against the wall (i know, sounds really awfull). I couldnt move. I couldnt screem. My vocal chords wouldnt make a sound. No matter what i did, i wasnt able to move. Not even a finger. After a few moments i was finaly able to move. Than I woke up.

I think, this was a sleep paralysis. This also means, i was about to move out of my body. Or at least, i wasnt fully in nor out of the body.

So, 3 dreams, 3 times not in the body.

So i am wondering, are lucid dreams OBEs? Or at least, some of them?

What do you think!

I would love to hear your experiences! Please tell me what you think about my lucid dreams!!

I just read, that this section is meant to tell a little bit about our background. So i will tell you a little bit about myself.
In the beginning of this year, i was meditating very much. Every day, at least 20 to 30 minutes.

I started to notice changes in my everyday life really fast. I was much calmer, i could "feel" other people very intensly. And i was much warmer with them. I loved everybody, really.
I started to feel an energycircle in my upper body. After 2 or 3 weeks i felt, like i was more or less always in a meditative state.
I believe, that the level of conciousness rises through meditation. And because it had risen it was also higher during sleep. Maybe that´s why i experienced 3 lucid dreams in a row? Tell me what you think, if you like!

Solaris_142

Re: hello everybody!

Postby Solaris_142 » 09 Aug 2018 05:47

Lulu wrote:I am so happy i found this forum! I am from Germany, so my english isn´t perfect. I hope thats ok.

I have experienced 3 lucid dreams so far and i would love to discuss them with you, because in 2 of them i believe, i wasn´t in my body.

In one of the two dreams i was pulled back in my body at the end of the dream. It felt as if i had a 20 meter long neck, that flipped back in the body. I found this really interesting!

In my second dream i was lying on my sofa in the afternoon. I dreamt, that i was lying on my sofa, like it was iin reality. Now my body lifted out of my physical body from my belly upwards. My energybody looked shiny silverish/blue. I heard loud noises. I looked back over my shoulder and saw my body lying behind me. I was thrilled! i found this soooo fascinating!

There was another dream, in wich i dreamt, that i was in a hotelroom. I was lying on my back on the bed. I looked into the bathroom. There was a man in the bathroom and he was strangling a young woman and pulling her against the wall (i know, sounds really awfull). I couldnt move. I couldnt screem. My vocal chords wouldnt make a sound. No matter what i did, i wasnt able to move. Not even a finger. After a few moments i was finaly able to move. Than I woke up.

I think, this was a sleep paralysis. This also means, i was about to move out of my body. Or at least, i wasnt fully in nor out of the body.

So, 3 dreams, 3 times not in the body.

So i am wondering, are lucid dreams OBEs? Or at least, some of them?

What do you think!

I would love to hear your experiences! Please tell me what you think about my lucid dreams!!

I just read, that this section is meant to tell a little bit about our background. So i will tell you a little bit about myself.
In the beginning of this year, i was meditating very much. Every day, at least 20 to 30 minutes.

I started to notice changes in my everyday life really fast. I was much calmer, i could "feel" other people very intensly. And i was much warmer with them. I loved everybody, really.
I started to feel an energycircle in my upper body. After 2 or 3 weeks i felt, like i was more or less always in a meditative state.
I believe, that the level of conciousness rises through meditation. And because it had risen it was also higher during sleep. Maybe that´s why i experienced 3 lucid dreams in a row? Tell me what you think, if you like!

Hello Lulu.

Yes I believe the daily meditating can help with the WILDing you are doing. I tend to just call meditating thought control since for me I think of it as just controlling and focusing my thoughts and not letting them run off on any tangit they want. :) And I can work on this at all times during most any activities. I don't have to be sitting cross legged eyes closed deep breathing. As the typical image of a person meditating lol. I only do it that way when I'm actually attempting to WILD, and then I do it laying down or kicked back in my reclining chair. Though it's a work in progress and always difficult. Sometimes when I'm doing my awareness work and reality checking. I will not only question where I am at and what I am doing. I will also question what I have been thinking about if my thoughts have been drifting. And of course to induce WILDing I believe it's easier if you are able to control your thoughts when you drift off to sleep. It is for me at least. I try to relax and shut off verbal thought and watch listen and feel until I start feeling hearing and seeing things. :) Unless I'm trying to "VILD"= Visualization Induced Lucidity. Then I wil visualize something or place in my mind until I start to actually see it or be there.

To your question on the OBE subject. It's pretty controversial. I like to think they can hapen for real. I'd love to experience a real OBE and know it was real. But when WILDing the mind can fake them and seem like an OBE but still be a dream. I feeling feeling a little bit in that OBE state yesterday as I was trying some WILDing sitting in my recliner. It's a weird sensation when you can still feel you physical body but are becoming detached from it in your dream bodyand it's like you aree aware of the both of them at once. That's kind of how I felt yesterday for a few moments.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Lulu

Postby Lulu » 12 Aug 2018 21:02

hello solaris,

thanks für your reply!

Yes I believe the daily meditating can help with the WILDing you are doing. I tend to just call meditating thought control since for me I think of it as just controlling and focusing my thoughts and not letting them run off on any tangit they want. :)

Yes, that´s what happens! But because of that, your level of conciousness is rising of course. In the daytime you have a higher level of conciousness and this remains in the night while you are sleeping. Therefore lucid dreaming experiences are likly to happen!
That is at least the way i think about it.

Unless I'm trying to "VILD"= Visualization Induced Lucidity. Then I wil visualize something or place in my mind until I start to actually see it or be there.

Wow, that sounds really great! I would love to try this! And when you visualize this other place, you find yourself there?

To your question on the OBE subject. It's pretty controversial.

I know! And i am wondering why that is? I mean, everybody knows (at least, ini the lucid dreaming community), that we are leaving the body every night. So it´s pretty likely to find yourself out of the body in the dreamstate. I am so surprised, that almost nobody else seems to see it like that. They all really seem to believe, that lucid dreams are just "normal" dreams, in wich you can create and play around or do whatever you like. But it is so obvious, that we are most likely in the astrals, really experiencing our dreams. Sometimes they might be a product of our subconcious. But quiet often they might be real experiences.

It's a weird sensation when you can still feel you physical body but are becoming detached from it in your dream bodyand it's like you aree aware of the both of them at once. That's kind of how I felt yesterday for a few moments.

Interesting!

Yes, leaving the body is a great feeling! But most of all, it changes how we think about life here, doesn´t it?

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 14 Aug 2018 17:41

Lulu wrote:hello solaris,

thanks für your reply!

You're welcome. :)

Yes, that´s what happens! But because of that, your level of conciousness is rising of course. In the daytime you have a higher level of conciousness and this remains in the night while you are sleeping. Therefore lucid dreaming experiences are likly to happen!
That is at least the way i think about it.

I think I know what you mean. I get into I different mind set and set up the psychological atmosphere so to speak for inducing lucidity. Getting myself into the right mindset for it and an overall sense of peacefulness in the way I view reality and experience in general. But I'm also thinking in terms of DILDing. For WILDing it just takes the ability to clear the mind of distracting thoughts while laying there with your eyes closed which can be very difficult. And of course practicing controlling your thoughts throughout the day makes it a bit easier when it comes time to lay down and shut your eyes. Though I can see how when you have that higher consciousness perspective it can make it easier to be motivated in what you are doing as well.

Wow, that sounds really great! I would love to try this! And when you visualize this other place, you find yourself there?

Yes. I discovered VILDing on accident actually. When I was younger I had a lot of really bad insomnia problems. And I would have to invent mental tricks in order to get any sleep at all. Counting only worked for a little while. Then it became easy to count and still my mind would start to wander while counting. So I started visualizing drawing numbers instead. Sometimes I would visualize I was at a break room at a place I worked where there was a chalk board on the wall. I would visualize drawing numbers on the board with the chalk. Other times visualizing sitting at a table in my house writing big numbers in a note book with a black marker and turning the pages or tearing them out and writing another number on the next page. I found that adding the motion of my hand drawing the numbers would pull me into sleep really well. And I was pretty surprised the first time I realized I was no longer visualizing what I was doing but I was actually there.

Yesterday I was trying to go to sleep and I just started randomly thinking about mount Everest for some reason. I've watched shows and movies about climbing it. I wasn't even visualizing it, really. At least not purposely. Next thing I know I find myself on snowy frozen mountain peaks lol.

But I still prefer to just relax and wait for the audio and visual to create itself. It's just more fun and fascinating for me all the weird things that happen. I pretty much only use visualization now to help focus when I'm just unable stop verbal thought.

I know! And i am wondering why that is? I mean, everybody knows (at least, ini the lucid dreaming community), that we are leaving the body every night. So it´s pretty likely to find yourself out of the body in the dreamstate. I am so surprised, that almost nobody else seems to see it like that. They all really seem to believe, that lucid dreams are just "normal" dreams, in wich you can create and play around or do whatever you like. But it is so obvious, that we are most likely in the astrals, really experiencing our dreams. Sometimes they might be a product of our subconcious. But quiet often they might be real experiences.

Well some people are vehement in their belief that life is really nothing and awareness/consciousness is merely created by the physical brain. That we are basically really just robots accidentally created by nature somehow... I'd probably commit suicide if I thought being in this world was really that much of a waste of time. Tired of it as it is. If I thought there was really no point in being here. Didn't think I was working towards something inside myself to take beyond this existence. I would see no point in being here at all and I would end the purposeless existence. I don't like wasting my time.

Other people get so fanatic about their spiritual beliefs that they just sound like nut jobs. Lol. So It's a topic I general leave alone. I believe in to each their own. Everyone finds their own path their own way. I just hate when people feel that their perspective is the only true perspective and try to force their views down others throats. Whether it's spiritual or atheistic beliefs. Too many atheists think they need to save spiritualist from their delusions. Too many spiritualist think they have to save humanity with their beliefs because they are sure they know the only true path. And everyone else is going to burn in hell or something. lol. In reality nobody needs to be saved. Everyone finds their way, their own way, and in their own time. And I don't care what anyone else believes anymore I'm taking my own path. :)

I once read an atheist argue that they believe in nothing. Only facts they can see and touch and measure. I would simply argue that believing in nothing and believing only in those measured facts is still believing in something... You can't escape having beliefs. Even the belief in nothing is still a belief.

Yes, leaving the body is a great feeling! But most of all, it changes how we think about life here, doesn´t it?

My views about life here have been very different for a very long time. :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 14 Aug 2018 20:57

Solaris wrote
Well some people are vehement in their belief that life is really nothing and awareness/consciousness is merely created by the physical brain. That we are basically really just robots accidentally created by nature somehow... I'd probably commit suicide if I thought being in this world was really that much of a waste of time. Tired of it as it is. If I thought there was really no point in being here. Didn't think I was working towards something inside myself to take beyond this existence. I would see no point in being here at all and I would end the purposeless existence. I don't like wasting my time.

Other people get so fanatic about their spiritual beliefs that they just sound like nut jobs. Lol. So It's a topic I general leave alone. I believe in to each their own. Everyone finds their own path their own way. I just hate when people feel that their perspective is the only true perspective and try to force their views down others throats. Whether it's spiritual or atheistic beliefs. Too many atheists think they need to save spiritualist from their delusions. Too many spiritualist think they have to save humanity with their beliefs because they are sure they know the only true path. And everyone else is going to burn in hell or something. lol. In reality nobody needs to be saved. Everyone finds their way, their own way, and in their own time. And I don't care what anyone else believes anymore I'm taking my own path. :)

Solaris in my opinion You are doing a great job helping members. The above echoes my thinking. :)

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 15 Aug 2018 15:42

erichsa wrote:Solaris in my opinion You are doing a great job helping members. The above echoes my thinking. :)

Thank you.

iby1337

Postby iby1337 » 15 Aug 2018 23:33

I agree solaris is doing a very good service with his deep thought out answers and would wish to give him a vote on the admin giving him in the near future moderator privileges because he does not mock people either.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 17 Aug 2018 05:26

iby1337 wrote:I agree solaris is doing a very good service with his deep thought out answers and would wish to give him a vote on the admin giving him in the near future moderator privileges because he does not mock people either.

Thank you iby1337 I appreciate the kind words. Though I've never been a mod before and I'm not sure if I would always have enough time for that.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”