Beginner looking for some tips

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Blindeyesparrow

Beginner looking for some tips

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 13 Sep 2018 02:07

Hello all that are reading this. I'm currently in my early 30's but I spent a lot of time in my 20's dabbling with the concept of lucid dreaming, never really doing anything to make it happen. I just left it up to chance. Hey, it's a cool idea and if it happens to me than it happens...it's no surprise to me that it never happened.

I'm basically trying to get into lucid dreaming for a couple of reasons:
a. Boost my self-confidence by practicing social interactions with people in the dream world that I normally couldn't do in real life.
b. Go back to places I cannot go back to in the real world. Example: My old high school was demolished years ago.

I found it humorous too that I was trying to learn Japanese a couple of months ago and just days after I started learning the language I did my best to speak a sentence in Japanese in my dreams one time. After I started learning more about lucid dreaming this past week, I told one of my characters in my dream that I wanted to try lucid dreaming. And on the following night, in my dream, I remember writing down the words "WILD II" on a piece of paper. I found it funny how the brain works like that.

If anyone knows of any brainwave music or relaxing music to help shut off my thoughts please post a YouTube link of the music and I'll try it out to see how it works.

Blindeyesparrow

Re: Beginner looking for some tips

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 13 Sep 2018 14:32

So I went to bed again at 9:00 pm. I've been making a habit of doing that lately. I did my best imitation of a corpse for 1 hour and 10 minutes but I got frustrated nothing was happening so I fell asleep normally. I had my alarm set for 2:30 am but my body woke me up naturally at 2:25. I walked around the room a little, turned on my lamp, proceeded to read for 10 minutes, and went back to bed. All I did was lay still for 2 hours while scratching the occasional itch. The next time I looked at the clock it was 4:45 in the morning and I still hadn't gotten anywhere. I just turned to lay on my side and fell asleep in minutes. There is no way I will be able to do the WILD technique while laying on my side. It's just too easy for my brain and body to fall asleep that way.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 13 Sep 2018 19:04

Blindeyesparrow wrote:So I went to bed again at 9:00 pm. I've been making a habit of doing that lately. I did my best imitation of a corpse for 1 hour and 10 minutes but I got frustrated nothing was happening so I fell asleep normally. I had my alarm set for 2:30 am but my body woke me up naturally at 2:25. I walked around the room a little, turned on my lamp, proceeded to read for 10 minutes, and went back to bed. All I did was lay still for 2 hours while scratching the occasional itch. The next time I looked at the clock it was 4:45 in the morning and I still hadn't gotten anywhere. I just turned to lay on my side and fell asleep in minutes. There is no way I will be able to do the WILD technique while laying on my side. It's just too easy for my brain and body to fall asleep that way.

Hello Blindeyesparrow. Nice to meet you.

Yeah It's difficult laying on your side. The only times I've been able to get anything while on my side is during times of bad insomnia. If you have a recliningg chair you might try doing it in that. Because then you can't give in to the urge to turn over so easily. Which can become a very strong urge. Also the random itch thing is common when trying to WILD. It's annoying lol.

I've found a lot of relaxing stuff on youtube recently. You should look up Cryo Chamber. They have a lot of great stuff. Love the fireplaces too. Especially one with wind rain and thunder going on. Though for trying to WILD I just like using earplugs because I like to focus on listening for inner sounds and tune everything else out.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Blindeyesparrow

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 19 Sep 2018 16:19

Hi Solaris, thanks for the reply.

A few nights ago I was playing baseball on the ps4 about 30 minutes before going to bed. In my dream that night I also played baseball on the TV for a little bit. Well...lo and behold it happened again. I studied Japanese just the other day about an hour and a half before going to bed, studying sentence structure, adjectives, what it's like to converse with native Japanese, all that stuff...and the very same night in my dream I'm staying with a Japanese family while traveling abroad. The only thing was that "Japan" was actually a school campus I had frequently worked at in the past. This isn't the first or second time this kind of thing has happened. The only question I have for myself is how can I manipulate this effect to help me lucid dream? Something to look into.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”