A Return To Trying

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Kardashev

A Return To Trying

Postby Kardashev » 17 Sep 2018 00:13

Evening (oh, morning) all,

Around 3 years ago, I had a very vivid dream. I knew nothing of lucid dreaming at the time, but it was very vivid. At one point, I was in a field, and I could feel the grass between my toes.

Anyhow, if I recall correctly, it was a few months later that I (unrelatedly) heard of lucid dreaming, and it reminded me of that experience. For about a year, I went through just about every method I could find, and even tried some obscure techniques listen on niche forums. I managed to realise I was dreaming once or twice, but woke up almost immediately afterward, and had very little control.

Snap back to two days ago. I awoke at about 0700, and fell back asleep. I had a series of incredibly vivid dreams, with a high level of control. I was driving a car at one point, and could vividly feel the leather of the steering wheel. I don't think I actually knew I was dreaming here; I was simply being rather than thinking much through. A very similar series of dreams occurred this morning, and I did actually acknowledge that I was dreaming, and I managed to stay lucid for what felt like a very long time. Again, I had quite a high level of control.

I've been extremely tired as of late; I work from home, but I've been helping out a self-employed family member due to health issues for a few weeks. Anyhow, it's left me very physically exhausted, which is what I've attributed my recent experiences to. I've decided to join the forum in the hopes of returning to actively trying to lucid dream, as these events have reminded me why I wanted to become lucid right at the beginning.

Here's hoping for many more!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”