I'm going to divorce my wife and sell my dog!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
I<3LDS

I'm going to divorce my wife and sell my dog!!

Postby I<3LDS » 01 Sep 2015 23:10

So I'm definitely a beginner. I have had 1 good lucid dream a few days ago. This morning I'm laying in my bed awake and my wife comes in and lays down beside me in bed. I look at her face and she looks much younger and different somehow. I realize that I am dreaming! I tell her that I'm dreaming!. I immediately float off the bed and I'm hovering above the bed spinning around 360 deg. I decide I'm going to float up through the roof and I'm in the attack on my way up and in RL my wife and dog both start making noise and wake me up!!!! Omg. Wow. I of course didn't say anything but to have something interrupted that you work so hard far.. I am happy for what I did have of the LD though.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Summerlander

Re: I'm going to divorce my wife and sell my dog!!

Postby Summerlander » 02 Sep 2015 00:11

Fuck! Well done! But unlucky with real life noise. Give your wife an ultimatum... but definitely sell the mutt! :mrgreen:

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

I<3LDS

Postby I<3LDS » 02 Sep 2015 01:40

I know right? Thanks Summerlander

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 09 Sep 2015 23:59

Once you become proficient in lucid dream induction, let me know and I'll help you to manage and prolong the state. I'll be your personal coach if you like. 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

I<3LDS

Postby I<3LDS » 10 Sep 2015 07:05

That's awesome of you and I sure will!

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 14 Feb 2018 23:14

Sorry to hear that. You will have many more chances to practice lucid dreaming though. Maybe ear plugs will help muffle some of the dog's barking to help you stay in the dream. Also if you speak with your wife and tell her you are trying to practice Lucid Dreaming, and you would like her to be careful not to wake you if you are asleep, I am sure she will understand. She should suport you in lucid dreaming because prety much everyone who lucid dreams becomes a better person and she certainly won't mind if you grow as a person. (Not saying you are not already a good person just that even good people improve from LD)

Especially if you share a bed it might be good to discuss with wife so that she understands why for example you get up throughout the night to dream journal or stuff like that. So some communication here could make a big difference. She might even get into it with you and you could talk about your dreams together in the morning. Thats a relationship I Would like!

About the dog, if they only bark during the day, then try to just aim to get your sleep at night when the dog is sleeping, too. Please don't hurt or punish the dog because they don't know. Or, you could look at it is causing you more REM rebound next time you sleep, enabling you to have a longer LD and then some.

But I understand the frustration with being woken up. But when you have had 100 lucid dreams it won't seem like as big a deal. So try to think like someone who has had 100 LDs and has no shortage of LDs.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Return to “For Beginners”