Lucid Dreaming Help Request

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MotesBro

Lucid Dreaming Help Request

Postby MotesBro » 12 Sep 2018 04:17

I have been trying to lucid dream for six months now, I've tried mild, fild I've kept a journal and reality checks and I can't wake up four to five hours after I sleep because that messes up my sleeping schedule thing. If someone can help please do.
Last edited by MotesBro on 13 Sep 2018 03:42, edited 1 time in total.

Blindeyesparrow

Re: Lucid Dreaming Help Rewuest

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 13 Sep 2018 02:22

Try WILD then? That's what I'm currently attempting. It's where you lay perfectly still like you're a corpse and just stare at the back of your eyelids, all while keeping your mind quiet of thoughts until sleep paralysis takes over.

MotesBro

Re: Lucid Dreaming Help Rewuest

Postby MotesBro » 14 Sep 2018 05:05

Blindeyesparrow wrote:Try WILD then? That's what I'm currently attempting. It's where you lay perfectly still like you're a corpse and just stare at the back of your eyelids, all while keeping your mind quiet of thoughts until sleep paralysis takes over.

The calmest one is called WILD. What will they think of next! :D

Blindeyesparrow

Re: Lucid Dreaming Help Request

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 14 Sep 2018 14:41

LOL I don't know. A technique that has you jumping all over the place but giving it a calming name I bet.

MotesBro

Postby MotesBro » 16 Sep 2018 07:17

Blindeyesparrow wrote:LOL I don't know. A technique that has you jumping all over the place but giving it a calming name I bet.

XD

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 20 Sep 2018 17:53

Have you tried meditation? Heightened awareness in the physical world can potentially filter into your dreams.

If you have a busy life and a lot of other things on your mind, it will be hard to lucid dream unless you're particularly good at clearing these stresses away. Meditation could help clear the mind.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Chicken3225

Postby Chicken3225 » 23 Sep 2018 07:21

MotesBro wrote:I have been trying to lucid dream for six months now, I've tried mild, fild I've kept a journal and reality checks and I can't wake up four to five hours after I sleep because that messes up my sleeping schedule thing. If someone can help please do.

Ok. I was able to, what is now yesterday morning as I type this post at 12:59 cst, lucid dream. The weird thing is I didn't do anything in particular. Although I will say there is one legal drug you can buy which in fact has lucid dreaming as a possible side effect. I know I know this info will blow this community straight into outerspace, but I want to tell you what it is. First off let me say I in no way endorse or condone any action(s) taken from the information I post about this drug I found after doing a little google research. There is always an inherent risk from taking in what to the body would be a foreign substance be it something simple as tylenol or diphenhydramine or more complex like ketamine or Zelboraf. This is for informational use only and you should consult with a medical professional before taking any foreign substance into the body as well as be closely monitored whilst on any drug prescribed or otherwise. That being said the name of the drug/compound is commonly referred to as Galantamine and is mainly prescribed to patients suffering from dementia/alzheimers. This is a serious drug, but appears to be available for holistic use. There are a range of side effects that could come from this medication, but does not guarantee you will have any such side effect. Again this is for informational purposes and should be viewed as such. All people should value theirs as well as others existences and should exercise restraint and common sense in the pursuit of their dreams. Value all life including your own. I unfortunately can't/won't take this medication for I currently suffer from cancer that requires me to take serious drugs to combat it and could have potential interactions with galantamine. I want to lead by example though I face possible demise from my condition I shall not and will not jeopardize my remaining time venturing into the unknown. Patience and luck will be your best bet. Drugs should never be an answer for lucid dreaming. Meditation and discipline. Have a strong enough desire and make it your reality. Peace and love to all.

merdreamer

Postby merdreamer » 27 Sep 2018 09:09

MotesBro wrote:I have been trying to lucid dream for six months now, I've tried mild, fild I've kept a journal and reality checks and I can't wake up four to five hours after I sleep because that messes up my sleeping schedule thing. If someone can help please do.

How disciplined are your dream journal habits? You really have to try and write down all of your dreams as soon as you wake up, every day if possible. More detail is better. Ideally you will be able to read the journal entries months or years from now and still remember the dreams. You can miss a day here or there, but you should try not to miss any days. Waiting even 30 minutes to an hour after you wake up to write in the journal will significantly degrade the memory of your dreams and reduce the effectiveness of the journal. I find that I will forget almost everything about a typical night's dream by mid-day if I didn't write it down.

I personally feel that any wake-induced dreaming technique is extremely overrated for beginners (that includes FILD). I am still a beginner at lucid dreaming, but my total count is at least 20 or 30 LDs. Only two or three of those have been what I would consider to be long dreams. The majority of them were of the instant wake-up type, especially when I first started. I think that wake-induced techniques require a special state of mind that is difficult to achieve, and they are also impossible when you first go to sleep at night. It's usually only possible to do one of those techniques after waking up during your REM cycle, which you have already said you can't do because it will mess up your schedule.

More importantly, you will waste time in bed attempting to induce a lucid dream when you could just be falling asleep instead. The earlier you fall asleep, the more REM cycles and dreaming you will experience before waking up in the morning. Also you didn't mention it, but if you aren't sleeping enough then it will be very hard to have lucid dreams (or remember any dreams at all really). Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night if you aren't already. I have only ever had fulfilling lucid dreams during times when I had a healthy sleep schedule.

Consistency is really key. I'm curious about how steady your efforts have been for the past 6 months.

MotesBro

Postby MotesBro » 29 Sep 2018 06:41

merdreamer wrote:

How disciplined are your dream journal habits? You really have to try and write down all of your dreams as soon as you wake up, every day if possible. More detail is better. Ideally you will be able to read the journal entries months or years from now and still remember the dreams. You can miss a day here or there, but you should try not to miss any days. Waiting even 30 minutes to an hour after you wake up to write in the journal will significantly degrade the memory of your dreams and reduce the effectiveness of the journal. I find that I will forget almost everything about a typical night's dream by mid-day if I didn't write it down.

I personally feel that any wake-induced dreaming technique is extremely overrated for beginners (that includes FILD). I am still a beginner at lucid dreaming, but my total count is at least 20 or 30 LDs. Only two or three of those have been what I would consider to be long dreams. The majority of them were of the instant wake-up type, especially when I first started. I think that wake-induced techniques require a special state of mind that is difficult to achieve, and they are also impossible when you first go to sleep at night. It's usually only possible to do one of those techniques after waking up during your REM cycle, which you have already said you can't do because it will mess up your schedule.

More importantly, you will waste time in bed attempting to induce a lucid dream when you could just be falling asleep instead. The earlier you fall asleep, the more REM cycles and dreaming you will experience before waking up in the morning. Also you didn't mention it, but if you aren't sleeping enough then it will be very hard to have lucid dreams (or remember any dreams at all really). Try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night if you aren't already. I have only ever had fulfilling lucid dreams during times when I had a healthy sleep schedule.

Consistency is really key. I'm curious about how steady your efforts have been for the past 6 months.

Thanks I'll try some of these and if you want to know my sleeping schedule on weekdays my parents make me go to bed from 10:30 to add late as 11:30 because we watch too much of the office and I wake up at 6:50.

Return to “For Beginners”