Trying to fly but I keep waking up

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
FlamingJune

Trying to fly but I keep waking up

Postby FlamingJune » 11 Feb 2019 05:45

The last week or so I've really been trying to focus on flying when I become lucid. I read a few stories on here about people flying into space and looking down on earth and that just sounds really amazing to me. So every night I try to focus my thoughts on that before bed and repeat it as a mantra a bit.

Two nights ago I actually became lucid and remembered to try. I was running from something and really stressed so it was quite a relief to realize I was dreaming and I was already up on a roof. Perfect, I thought, but unfortunately I struggled to get off the ground. I sort of started swimming in the air and it was taking a lot of effort and then suddenly I crashed into one of those tiled foam ceilings like in a classroom. This made me wake up because I think it was just too ridiculous, like I was outside so where did this cieling just come from lol.

Last night I had another shot. I didnt want to just swim again I wanted to really shoot up like superman. I had a dream awhile back where i was basically pushing down with my hands against some invisible force and it was pushing me into the air so I decide to try this. I push down with all my might and do start to lift off the ground but I ended up waking myself up because I was so into it that I started making a "Pssshhhhhhooooo" sound effect in real life.😂😂 so frustrating!

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions? Am I trying something to difficult? Should I start smaller? Any feedback greatly appreciated

erichsa

Re: Trying to fly but I keep waking up

Postby erichsa » 11 Feb 2019 16:07

Hi don't try Just do it.I tell the people in my dreams: If you believe you can fly you will. Years ego I stood on a cliff looking down and said to myself: I can fly and jumped. Ever since I do mainly Body Flying, Great flights and not so hot flights struggling to stay airborne, or not getting height, but never do I come to harm. If in any dream I am at a high place I will jump. But as they say in the Classics. "Practice makes Perfect"
So you will Succeed. :)

unclenny

Postby unclenny » 11 Feb 2019 20:52

I have been practicing during the day. I do a finger to palm reality check while standing and then lift my hands slowly while rising onto my toes. With my eyes closed I imagine myself floating off the ground.

In my limited experience, daytime practice makes perfect.

FlamingJune

Postby FlamingJune » 15 Feb 2019 20:39

I appreciate the feedback. Haven't gone lucid the last few nights but I'll let you know if I have any success in the future

wlndr

Postby wlndr » 19 Feb 2019 14:47

pppshhh.. into real life. that's cute :lol:

if you believe you can do it, you can do it. i swim alot from an early age. the "take-off" i use to fly, is like somersaulting & kicking off the wall when you swim laps. have read others' methods of knocking on a door to borrow a jetpack / sprouting wings

it sounds like you r convicted enough with your pppshh take-off. wait patiently for another chance & be okay if it doesnt work out. there's always the next chance

FlamingJune

Postby FlamingJune » 22 Feb 2019 21:29

wlndr wrote:
it sounds like you r convicted enough with your pppshh take-off. wait patiently for another chance & be okay if it doesnt work out. there's always the next chance

Thanks for the advice! I had success twice last night! I didnt make it into space (I felt like the ozone layer kept stopping me LOL :roll: ) but I was able to fly around with much more ease than before. I guess it was sort of a WILD experience in that I remember being awake and sort of slipping into a dream state. I realized I was starting to dream and decided to look at my hands, something I've never done before but I've seen a lot of people talk about on this forum, and sure enough my left hand was missing a thumb! I used my so-called "pshhhhooo" method (lol I guess I'm making it a thing now) and it worked! It took some effort to keep my atmosphere stable, like one moment I would be flying over an ocean landscape but it would sort of flicker to black almost like a light bulb that's going out, and I would really have to focus on my surroundings to keep it going. I ended up flying up to a movie theatre which is one of my recurring dreamscapes. I got really excited to explore it while lucid because I have very vivid dreams at the movie theatre but not usually lucid, but when I walked into the theater it kinda morphed to this outdoor train station and I went only semi-lucid and just kinda surrendered to the dream plot since it was a fun one.

Return to “For Beginners”