Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Alienated

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Alienated » 28 May 2018 13:08

So.. Hey! I'm pretty new to this whole lucid dreaming and out of body experience stuff. But I am interested in learning about lucid dreaming. Since I can OBE by LDing. But I plan to have a fun stay here c:

I, as you can tell by my signature, am a bit of a stoner. That's where the questions start.

Does weed help with LD? I've tried using weed and binaural beats.. But no luck. I do feel like I'm getting close though.

I'm trying to induce sleep paralysis.. But I keep itching, shaking, and twitching.. That's the most frustrating thing for me. Any other way? Or can I fix these problems?

Also, apologies if the mentions of weed is prohibited on this forum. Like I said, I'm new here.

But, I hope to have a nice time here and make some friends ❤
{oOo}It's just your not-so ordinary stoner who wants to be free and enter that lucidity.~ Get me¿? {>X<}

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 29 May 2018 10:38

Alienated wrote:Does weed help with LD?

Most likely it won't help you. THC is known to reduce REM sleep. REM sleep is the stage of sleep when you get vivid dreams and when your chances of getting lucid are the highest.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Mario0307

Postby Mario0307 » 26 Jun 2018 07:30

Hi. Just started trying to induce LU's. Tried WILD the other evening and got few questions.
When I start seeing images they don't start as just shapes or lights but are proper images. After about two minutes of this I saw some glossy panel (Was checking out lots of kitchen doors at the time as we're planning to change it) and touched it. Felt the smoothness and everything. It was so real that i woke up. Was that still hypnagogic state or was it already a dream? Those images and sounds seem so real from the start that I don't really know what a dream should be...
Know it's kind of silly question but it baffles me because images and sounds start almost as soon as I start focusing on this blackness so it can't really be a dream yet right?
Thanks for your help people. Really appreciate it.

dokterkat

Postby dokterkat » 14 Aug 2018 17:25

Just got my first lucid dream. It was ferry short and goes like this:

I wake up and look at the click. The thime keeps changing whenever i looked at it until it was 8.10 am. I got out of my bed to go to school. Toen i saw a little kid in the room of my brother that said something i heard a kid say the Day before the dream. I became lucid.

Then it got weird

I teleported to a place outside with a man screaming "its alive"

Did thee dream man knew a became lucid?

I wake up from a adrialine rush

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 14 Aug 2018 18:31

dokterkat wrote:Just got my first lucid dream. It was ferry short and goes like this:

I wake up and look at the click. The thime keeps changing whenever i looked at it until it was 8.10 am. I got out of my bed to go to school. Toen i saw a little kid in the room of my brother that said something i heard a kid say the Day before the dream. I became lucid.

Then it got weird

I teleported to a place outside with a man screaming "its alive"

Did thee dream man knew a became lucid?

I wake up from a adrialine rush

Ha! Funny. Congrats on your first Lucid Experience! To your question, well it's possible. Could be a symbolic manifstation of your first experience in lucidity. One tme I became lucid beacause of a dream charatcer telling me I was dreaming and I realized he was right. The mind does weird things you never know.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Blindeyesparrow

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 13 Sep 2018 21:42

Reading this thread makes me see what I've been doing wrong. So WILD isn't for beginners like myself and it's not something I should be doing first thing when I get in bed at night?

I read online that people say you have to perform reality checks during the day so that you'll perform them in your dreams. Inside dreams, do RC's happen at random or what cues should I look for to perform an RC in a dream? My dreams are always different so I can't expect to see a "cue" more than once can I?

Which is the best phrase to tell myself during the day to get good results? " I'm dreaming right now" "Am I dreaming right now?" " I'm awake right now" so I can say the phrase to myself in my dream?

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 15 Sep 2018 06:11

Blindeyesparrow wrote:Reading this thread makes me see what I've been doing wrong. So WILD isn't for beginners like myself and it's not something I should be doing first thing when I get in bed at night?

I read online that people say you have to perform reality checks during the day so that you'll perform them in your dreams. Inside dreams, do RC's happen at random or what cues should I look for to perform an RC in a dream? My dreams are always different so I can't expect to see a "cue" more than once can I?

Which is the best phrase to tell myself during the day to get good results? " I'm dreaming right now" "Am I dreaming right now?" " I'm awake right now" so I can say the phrase to myself in my dream?

Good questions... I'll get back to you on this when I get a little more time. Maybe tomorrow/Saturday evening when I get home. I need to get to sleep right now. It's been a long day...
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 15 Sep 2018 15:55

I am in my mind certain that you must find that out for yourself. You have to study ,learn and see what works for you. If you are serious you will find the right answer, and recall your vivid and lucid dreams.
I found among the many books on dreaming, that Lucid Dreaming ( A Concise Guide To Awakening In Your Dreams And In Your Life ) by Stephen LA Berge was on of the best for me. Our Forum members can give you tips, and also you can read what is working for a member and try it for your self. Blindeyesparow we are all different and some need more time than others. what works for me, can also work for you- Of course with persistence you will reach your aim. :)

Blindeyesparrow

Postby Blindeyesparrow » 15 Sep 2018 16:36

erichsa wrote:

I am in my mind certain that you must find that out for yourself. You have to study ,learn and see what works for you. If you are serious you will find the right answer, and recall your vivid and lucid dreams.
I found among the many books on dreaming, that Lucid Dreaming ( A Concise Guide To Awakening In Your Dreams And In Your Life ) by Stephen LA Berge was on of the best for me. Our Forum members can give you tips, and also you can read what is working for a member and try it for your self. Blindeyesparow we are all different and some need more time than others. what works for me, can also work for you- Of course with persistence you will reach your aim. :)

Yep :) thank you, so it's just trial and error looks like. This past week it has not been very difficult to recall my dreams after waking up. I just have one final question I'm curious about. Suppose someone wanted to eat a strawberry for the first time in their lucid dream, if they had never eaten a strawberry before in their life then how do you think their brain would create that feeling of eating one for the first time?

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 15 Sep 2018 21:15

Suppose someone wanted to eat a strawberry for the first time in their lucid dream, if they had never eaten a strawberry before in their life then how do you think their brain would create that feeling of eating one for the first time?

I don't know. I have eaten often in my dreams, but the food never tasted very great. An interesting question and I am also looking forward to an answer. :)

Return to “For Beginners”