Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jendy13

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Jendy13 » 12 Apr 2018 04:41

What does WILD Mean?

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 13 Apr 2018 04:43

Jendy13 wrote:What does WILD Mean?

It stands for Wake Induced Lucid Dream. It's basically having a lucid dream at will using sleep paralysis. It's quite a difficult technique though. However, iv'e had some luck with it twice so maybe you might as well. :D

hannahleller

Postby hannahleller » 14 Apr 2018 16:05

i’ve really been trying to lucid dream lately! last night, i tried twice. the first time i was laying on my back, with my palms up. i had kept calm, until all of a sudden, it felt like someone bounced my body on my bed. i tried to keep my eyes closed, telling myself it was my brain, but it didn’t work. this happened the second time as well, this time i was in the fetal position. i woke up as well. lastly, this morning, i tried to lucid dream once again. i was laying on my back, palms upward, and i had been laying for 8 minutes (i checked after i woke up) i woke up because a very foul stench came over my noise. i thought my body was asleep, and i didn’t realize i had let out gas, but as i smelled it, i woke up. as i adjusted, the smell disappeared!!! is this normal? am i entering lucid dreaming at this point?

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 15 Apr 2018 12:19

hannahleller wrote:i’ve really been trying to lucid dream lately! last night, i tried twice. the first time i was laying on my back, with my palms up. i had kept calm, until all of a sudden, it felt like someone bounced my body on my bed. i tried to keep my eyes closed, telling myself it was my brain, but it didn’t work. this happened the second time as well, this time i was in the fetal position. i woke up as well. lastly, this morning, i tried to lucid dream once again. i was laying on my back, palms upward, and i had been laying for 8 minutes (i checked after i woke up) i woke up because a very foul stench came over my noise. i thought my body was asleep, and i didn’t realize i had let out gas, but as i smelled it, i woke up. as i adjusted, the smell disappeared!!! is this normal? am i entering lucid dreaming at this point?

Generally, I would advise you to not try to induce a lucid dream when you go to bed at night - it's a waste of time - because after a few minutes of very light sleep you immediately enter deep sleep. In deep sleep lucid dreaming is almost impossible.
So, you are more likely to have success doing WILD after waking up from REM sleep in the morning. It still is a very advanced technique for beginners though. What you experienced there with the smell might be some sleep paralysis hallucination, I don't know...

Just being curious: What other techniques are you praciticing in order to learn lucid dreaming? Where did you find your information about lucid dreaming induction?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Yume-Traveler

Postby Yume-Traveler » 18 May 2018 00:09

Hi everyone, I'm doing a project on lucid dreaming and I decided the best way to get some experiences about lucid dreaming was to do it myself! I started yesterday with the reality checks (the finger and palm one) and I had a dream, a vivid one, but I was not lucid. I don't normally remember dreams anyway though and I remembered few this time so that's good- I wrote them in a document right as I woke up too.

This afternoon I had a nap and I had another series of dreams, still quite vivid and then something strange happened- I may have entered lucidity. I almost woke up were still close, maybe I was a the edge of a dream, I then thought, "Ok, maybe your in a lucid dream now, don't get too worked up" my heart was beating, I could feel my eyes moving around like crazy, but I couldn't see anything or anyone. I tried to search for a dark feeling like in sleep paralysis (cause I thought I may have entered that but didn't find anything really- or at least I wasn't scared. Everything then turned a light blue from the black that it was. I tried to control the dream in any way and it didn't work- then I woke up.

What do you guys make of this, am I getting somewhere? Do I have an ability to do this or no? It didn't feel like I was actually there like I was expecting, does that come with practice?

Sorry this was so long and thanks to anyone that answers!

Therry

Postby Therry » 27 May 2018 08:22

I tried the WILD method a lot now. Over half a year. I always combine it with the WBTB method. But i had just one success. My main problem is to stay awake. The first thing i‘m doing is to relax.
But i have problems with concentration. My thoughts always drift away, or i will fall asleep.
I also tried binaural beats, with the thought, that it will keep my mind awake. Are there other things i could try?

Alienated

Postby Alienated » 28 May 2018 13:08

So.. Hey! I'm pretty new to this whole lucid dreaming and out of body experience stuff. But I am interested in learning about lucid dreaming. Since I can OBE by LDing. But I plan to have a fun stay here c:

I, as you can tell by my signature, am a bit of a stoner. That's where the questions start.

Does weed help with LD? I've tried using weed and binaural beats.. But no luck. I do feel like I'm getting close though.

I'm trying to induce sleep paralysis.. But I keep itching, shaking, and twitching.. That's the most frustrating thing for me. Any other way? Or can I fix these problems?

Also, apologies if the mentions of weed is prohibited on this forum. Like I said, I'm new here.

But, I hope to have a nice time here and make some friends ❤
{oOo}It's just your not-so ordinary stoner who wants to be free and enter that lucidity.~ Get me¿? {>X<}

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 29 May 2018 10:38

Alienated wrote:Does weed help with LD?

Most likely it won't help you. THC is known to reduce REM sleep. REM sleep is the stage of sleep when you get vivid dreams and when your chances of getting lucid are the highest.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Mario0307

Postby Mario0307 » 26 Jun 2018 07:30

Hi. Just started trying to induce LU's. Tried WILD the other evening and got few questions.
When I start seeing images they don't start as just shapes or lights but are proper images. After about two minutes of this I saw some glossy panel (Was checking out lots of kitchen doors at the time as we're planning to change it) and touched it. Felt the smoothness and everything. It was so real that i woke up. Was that still hypnagogic state or was it already a dream? Those images and sounds seem so real from the start that I don't really know what a dream should be...
Know it's kind of silly question but it baffles me because images and sounds start almost as soon as I start focusing on this blackness so it can't really be a dream yet right?
Thanks for your help people. Really appreciate it.

dokterkat

Postby dokterkat » 14 Aug 2018 17:25

Just got my first lucid dream. It was ferry short and goes like this:

I wake up and look at the click. The thime keeps changing whenever i looked at it until it was 8.10 am. I got out of my bed to go to school. Toen i saw a little kid in the room of my brother that said something i heard a kid say the Day before the dream. I became lucid.

Then it got weird

I teleported to a place outside with a man screaming "its alive"

Did thee dream man knew a became lucid?

I wake up from a adrialine rush

Return to “For Beginners”