Can you eat in a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sean Jacobs

Re: Can you eat in a lucid dream?

Postby Sean Jacobs » 15 Mar 2017 16:26

Food in lucid dreams can taste much better than in reality! That is always one of my goals for lucid dreaming. To eat boat loads of delicious sweet food.

I find that sound, touch, and smell tend to be relatively normal in a dream. Sight can be amplified. But Taste is extremely amplified.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LucidJane24

Postby LucidJane24 » 03 Jul 2018 13:40

Once I had become lucid when inside one of those huge mall food courts, with about 15 different restraunts at my disposal I ordered everything and anything and just ate infront of each store. Sometimes I wouldn't taste the food but if I really thought I was gonna enjoy it I did. I've also had a lucid dream inside a supermarket and just went absolutely crazy. It is definetly possible! Keep trying!

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 04 Jul 2018 17:33

Yes!
I need to do this more when lucid. I always forget to. Though I have eaten some delicious things. I remember eating an amazingly good slice of pizza once! And one time I sat down and starting eating a pile of very delicious cookies. And when some real life noises started to wake me up I focused on the flavor of those cookies and it pulled me back into the dream.

On another forum there was once a challenge to eat something inedible. I happened to be sitting in a tree when I thought of it so I ate a little bit of a tree branch. I remember the tree branch not tasting too great lol.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Petal

Postby Petal » 10 Jul 2018 23:27

LucidCamostar34 wrote:Yes, you can eat in a lucid dream. The food tastes like exactly like you expect it to be! I remember eating a strawberry pastry in a underground maze dungeon, and it tasted GOOD.

Oh my! A strawberry pastry in a underground maze dungeon... I’ve got to try that one. :idea: :lol: Just reread these. How could I overlook that. :o
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “For Beginners”