Clearing the Mind to Maintain Awareness

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
NckHktt

Clearing the Mind to Maintain Awareness

Postby NckHktt » 02 Feb 2018 07:32

Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums and have been trying to lucid dream for a few months with no success yet.

However I’ve nearly made it close to sleep paralysis a few times, but the last time I did was a month ago.

I am having trouble focusing on moving on with the induction techniques I try, and usually I start getting distracted and thinking about something else, and just falling asleep completely unaware.

Is there anything anyone can recommend?

Thank you.

CatDreamer22

Re: Clearing the Mind to Maintain Awareness

Postby CatDreamer22 » 25 Feb 2018 01:00

You don't have to do the WILD technique. It's often a very hard one for beginners. I would suggest DILDS by doing multiple reality checks daily and recording a dream journal. That's how I had my first real lucid dream.

NckHktt

Re: Clearing the Mind to Maintain Awareness

Postby NckHktt » 25 Feb 2018 11:12

CatDreamer22 wrote:You don't have to do the WILD technique. It's often a very hard one for beginners. I would suggest DILDS by doing multiple reality checks daily and recording a dream journal. That's how I had my first real lucid dream.

Thank you but reality checks have only shown up in my dreams twice in six months and both times I thought it was normal.

Still haven’t lucid dreamt yet which is annoying...

Return to “For Beginners”